We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Wolfram Alpha Options

azrael
#1 Posted : 7/29/2009 3:45:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I found Wolfram Alpha last night - it's a way cool supplement to google.

"Is Wolfram|Alpha a search engine?

No. It's a computational knowledge engine: it generates output by doing computations from its own internal knowledge base, instead of searching the web and returning links." -faq, general

There's a load of examples to play with.

It didn't recognize "dmt" (first search, lol) but it did get "dimethyltryptamine" and produced some handy reference results.

So I went on and searched for "bufotenine" which was fine. However, "bufotenin" gets fudged. I guess you've got to mickey your input and make sure it interprets it properly. Even if you take the IUPAC info from the results and plug it back in to the search box, it gets confused. There's probably a way to get it all straightened out.

Calculus computation glitches me out sometimes, so this is promising.

If someone can figure out how to change the length of the notes in the music option, please post up or pm me. I'm totally geeking out on this.

"What is the meaning of life" produced the answer to everything, but I couldn't seem to find the question.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

pyx
#2 Posted : 7/29/2009 4:24:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member