We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psilocybin/Mescaline Cross Tolerence Options

trancepants
#1 Posted : 7/22/2009 9:05:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there one?
SWIM ate Mushrooms Saturday and was wondering if there is any sort of cross tolerence between that and Mesc.
Speedy answers appreciated!
I can create anything with my mind. Including fiction, which this is.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dimitrius_rexus
#2 Posted : 7/23/2009 12:08:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i would doubt that there would be tolerance bet mescaline and mushrooms, especially with the gap between today and saturday. You should be fine to dose at basically zero tolerance.
All of my posts are fiction.

Ginkgo
#3 Posted : 7/23/2009 1:25:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, there is a distinct cross tolerance between everything that works at the 5HT-2A-receptors, which includes Psilocin, Mescaline, LSD, LSA, 2-CB, et cetra. The tolerance lasts about a week, maybe two.

jamie
#4 Posted : 7/23/2009 2:10:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Tolerance from psilocybin lasts 3 days..mescaline I think is a week but doesnt start to build until 2 or 3 days, not sure for LSD..DMT is prob like only a few hours..all have cross tolerancy I believe, but for diff lengths of time..
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#5 Posted : 7/24/2009 8:35:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For SWIM, tolerance to mushrooms only lasts 2 days, not 3. Tolerance to LSD lasts 3 days though.

The cross tolerance between all of these and mescaline is not so black and white.

Mescaline is sort of the oddball here. For example, you can take mescaline everyday for a week and develop almost no tolerance to it. But then some cross tolerance to bufotenine is developed! The mescaline works very well, but the bufotenine doesn’t! Very weird. If bufotenine is taken everyday until tolerance to bufotenine develops, then the mescaline still seems to work. It’s weird. The cross tolerance is sort of a one way thing with mescaline.

I would bet that you could trip on mescaline very well even if you used mushrooms on the day before. But it’s likely that if you used mescaline, then the mushroom will not work well the following day. This is how it is with bufotenine, and bufotenine works in a way very similar to mushrooms, so it’s probably the same with mushrooms.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 7/24/2009 8:57:52 PM

The Great Namah

Evening Glory wrote:
Yes, there is a distinct cross tolerance between everything that works at the 5HT-2A-receptors, which includes Psilocin, Mescaline, LSD, LSA, 2-CB, et cetra. The tolerance lasts about a week, maybe two.

Not true, there is a distinct REVERSE tolerance with the 2C's...although I have not taken 2C-B...but you can back to back 2C-I day after day with less and less being needed for full effects.

I would imagine though, that tolerance for tryptamines is going up even with this reverse tolerance with the phens.

I haven't tested this w/ mescaline (just can't do it 2 day in a row, too taxing).
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

dimitrius_rexus
#7 Posted : 7/24/2009 9:10:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

^my friend's pet squirrel once took full range cacti extract 2 days in a row with two dosings the first day and a smaller leftover the second day and experienced a stronger experience the second day though the dose was only 2/3 of one of the first day doses. Hard to attribute after one trial the squirrel chattered.

There is a cross tolerance to some extent id guess, my previous post was over simplified. the speedy answer was to dose rather than not dose and to convince to do so Smile Twisted Evil
All of my posts are fiction.

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 7/24/2009 9:14:50 PM

The Great Namah

dimitrius_rexus wrote:
^my friend's pet squirrel once took full range cacti extract 2 days in a row with two dosings the first day and a smaller leftover the second day and experienced a stronger experience the second day though the dose was only 2/3 of one of the first day doses. Hard to attribute after one trial the squirrel chattered.

There is a cross tolerance to some extent id guess, my previous post was over simplified. the speedy answer was to dose rather than not dose and to convince to do so Smile Twisted Evil

This seems to agree with my findings. Phens users develop a reverse tolerance with repeated use (with notable execptions such as MDMA, and poss 2C-B). I wonder if this changes with long term daily use, my guess is yes, after time a true tolerance will build up.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

trancepants
#9 Posted : 7/28/2009 11:16:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well SWIM had an amazing time. 8 hours into the mesc a friend came by and had stumbled across some AMAZING paper hits. He ate two and had a 30 hour experience after that point. It was an amazing journey but SWIM says it was taxing on mind and body. He is taking a quick recess from psychedelics to learn from and analyze these experiences. Thank you for your input!
Peace and Love
I can create anything with my mind. Including fiction, which this is.