We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Microdosing shrooms (feeling sane again) Options

funkyleggs
#1 Posted : 12/11/2015 6:46:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So i have been microdosing psylocibe cubensis for 2 months, but first i bit of context:

I'm in my early twenties. And i have gone through an unhappy phase these last five years. I wasn't happy about myself, about my body, about my future, about my thoughts about myself, my body, my future.. This never ending conversation within me going back and forth from: "Just fucking get on with it, do what makes you happy!" to:"But you shouldn't do that, nobody does that, something is wrong with you".
I felt guilty. Guilty of my interests, guilty of my new found desire for health. I wanted to be the best me i could be, and felt really guilty for it.
Every step i took toward this goal was questionned and misunderstood by my entourage which led to more guilt and anxiety.
So during these five years i have had phases where i was determined to change for the better, and phases where i felt worthless and insane. I just could not get out of that vicious cycle, i felt like an unhealthy paradoxe (finance and money dreams to buddhism, anorexic to fit to skinny, happy to depressed to happy.., very social to lonely to a bit less lonely to even more.., confident to insecure..)

Two months ago, i had a few grams of shrooms left and decided to take 200mg every monday, wednesday, and friday morning to see what would happen.
Well, i'm happy to say that i'm recovering my sanity at last. This change was already starting to occur a few months prior to the microdosing, but i'm positive that microdosing shrooms sped the process drasticaly. I'm eating healthy, i'm building myself a nice looking body, i've started a 4/5 year course in TCM in Paris which i am so happy about, i quit weed and nicotine. I'm gaining back my long lost condidence and i truely believe that i am capable of having a great happy life, on my terms.
Most important of all, i don't feel guilty anymore. One morning after my morning shrooms and shake on the road to the gym, it hit me: Is my doing making me a better me? Am i happy about that? Then all is OK. It's all that matters in the end. I am and will be loved for it.
All this guiilt and anxiety was in fact other's projection of their own insecurities and negativity upon my decisions, and i naively took it as my own.

I am now happy and healthy, which makes me happy.
I realise there will be ups and downs, yins and yangs, and that's fine.
Shrooms have helped me find my coherence, in myself and in the world.

(Still microdosing by the way, on 150mg of P.Envy, it feels great!)

Tayata OM Bekandze Bekandze Maha Bekandze Radza Samudgate Soha

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jees
#2 Posted : 12/11/2015 7:59:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow such a positive report.
Never though about microdosing shrooms, thanks for bringing that up Thumbs up

Mindlusion
#3 Posted : 12/11/2015 8:43:55 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I have practiced microdosing psilocybin mushrooms too, on and off over the past 10 months. Usually I will take a microdose once in the morning, my dosing has been anything but regular, quite sporadic, usually dosing simply when I felt the time was right. Usually it would be like every few weeks ill take microdses in the morning for a couple days or so. My doses were quite small, 80mg-200mg, 300mg gave me perceptible effects.

I am no stranger to those feelings of guilt that you speak of. I struggled with them for a long time, I've only recently started to grow emotionally.
The mushrooms, they were like little bursts of increased growth, sped up the process like you said, I think psilocybin is something like a emotional nootropic. I also do practice a spiritual 12 step program, to which I give the most credit to my growth, I could not have had the courage to change without that. The psilocybin helped me make the connections that weren't clear to me right away, I know they would have come in time, but it certainly did seem to speed up the process, perhaps it was just what I needed.

However, it certainly did not make the connections for me. I don't believe the psilocybin would have helped me had I not had the right attitude in the first place, which came from practicing a spiritual program.
However, it is a never ending process. The quality of my life is incomparable to what it used to be, but it can all reverse rather quickly. I can't get ahead of myself. I have to keep that humbling thought in mind, otherwise my ego gets too big, and I get my ass handed to me. Smile
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

null24
#4 Posted : 12/11/2015 9:22:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Beautiful witness to the healing power of psychedelics!Thumbs up

Quote:
All this guiilt and anxiety was in fact other's projection of their own insecurities and negativity upon my decisions, and i naively took it as my own.

Good you realized that young and did not labor under as so many of us have The Most Unfortunate Lie.

Thank you for growing!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

null24
#5 Posted : 12/11/2015 9:24:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Beautiful witness to the healing power of psychedelics!Thumbs up

Quote:

Good you realized that young and did not labor under as so many of us have The Most Unfortunate Lie.

Thank you for growing!

I'll add that my own exp with microdosing psilo was nothing but beneficial. I think psilocybin is one if the most powerful medicines the universe has gifted us with.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

tseuq
#6 Posted : 12/12/2015 10:44:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

offtopic:
null24 wrote:
I think psilocybin is one if the most powerful medicines the universe has gifted us with.

Amen Thumbs up

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

basilic
#7 Posted : 12/13/2015 3:15:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mindlusion wrote:
I have practiced microdosing psilocybin mushrooms too, on and off over the past 10 months. Usually I will take a microdose once in the morning,........

However, it certainly did not make the connections for me. I don't believe the psilocybin would have helped me had I not had the right attitude in the first place, which came from practicing a spiritual program.
However, it is a never ending process. The quality of my life is incomparable to what it used to be, but it can all reverse rather quickly. I can't get ahead of myself. I have to keep that humbling thought in mind, otherwise my ego gets too big, and I get my ass handed to me. Smile

Thanks it will help some of us!!!!

#8 Posted : 1/11/2016 7:54:06 PM

Psilosopher

I have been microdosing the past three or so weeks as well.
I am following the regimen devised by Jim Fadiman:
1st day microdose.
2nd day subtle afterglow (debatable, but I tend to agree that there's some lingering positive effects)
3rd day : day off.
4th Day : microdose again.

Not entirely following to the T though, I'm dosing every monday and thursday.
I started at 0.25g, and am now taking 0.5g (although the mushrooms I am taking are around 1.5 years old and have definitely lost some potency. If I were to use more recently dried fruits, I would definitely start lower again as .5g of decent potency mushrooms could easily send you over the threshold).

So far, I have to say I feel a definite energy boost and mood enhancement that to me is noticeably non-placebo (although I guess there is no way to prove this assertion).
I agree with what's been written about microdosing in several articles: It just lifts your mood and lets you have a really good and fulfilling day. I drink less coffee on microdosing days, and am in a more mellow yet outgoing mood. Will definitely continue and see what I think after a few months of keeping with this regimen Thumbs up
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus