We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Vaporization of Melatonin (N-Acetyl-5-Methoxytryptamine) Options

benzyme
#21 Posted : 1/15/2015 3:44:22 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

downwardsfromzero wrote:
As far as pinoline goes, is that the direct result of Pictet-Spengler cyclisation of melatonin, i.e. 6-methoxy-1-methyl-3,4-dihydrobetacarboline?

deacetylation->reductive methylation (via pictet-spengler conditions (heat and H+))
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#22 Posted : 1/21/2015 11:35:42 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

There has recently been discussion in the "entheogenic effects of NMT" thread of how 5-O substituted tryptamines are prone to oxidative cyclisation at the 4-position of the indole ring. This seems pertinent here as melatonin is a 5-oxygenated tryptamine. It could go that way via a Pictet-Spengler incorporating the acetyl group to form an azepino[5,4,3-cd]indole, or oxidatively at the sidechain nitrogen to form a pyrido[4,3,2-cd]indole, although to me the latter seems a bit less likely and requires basic conditions.

If the purported psychoactivity of O-methyl nordehydrobufotenine is anything to go by, the analogue corresponding to melatonin may show some kind of activity. But surely somebody must have looked into that by now?

I'm just imagining an acetyl group instead of that methyl group on the pyrido nitrogen:

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

sleepermustawaken
#23 Posted : 9/26/2015 3:15:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, this thread was hard to find! I am going to try the acetone extract... I thought I was going to have to freebase but luckily I found this thread. Thanks

arcologist
#24 Posted : 9/26/2015 3:51:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

(many months later)

I tried vaporizing some melatonin recently at 200 C in the Extreme Q. First dose was ~10mg. This produced very mild psychedelic effects (wavey vision) and a strong drowsiness, as if I was very tired. Slept well with very vivid dreams, woke up the next day feeling pretty sleepy, probably due to the high dose (10x normal).

Tastes vaguely like plastic, but not a gross taste like DMT, it's pleasant to vaporize. It's probably much more efficient to administer this way, especially before bedtime, since it starts working immediately.

Not sure if it's worth pushing the dose any higher. Maybe the psychedelic effects would be more pronounced?

Strigiform
#25 Posted : 1/11/2016 3:08:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad I was able to find this thread; the extraction/purification process seems simple enough. Maybe I'll give it a try one day.

arcologist: have you done any more investigation?

ChrisMMcD
#26 Posted : 1/29/2024 11:02:30 PM

🧿

Have you ever tried mixing harmalas & melatonin? Good idea?
Witness this object. Witness the inner rotation devoid of transaction. Shut your eyes. No salespersons will disturb. Unwind. Recline. I seek no favors from you. Recline. Unwind. Superior soil effortlessly cleanses away. Recline. Unveil. Orient yourself. Observe. Attend. Employ ears that I'd proudly claim as ours. Attend to the hush amidst the mechanical clamor. Sweetheart, heed. Do you perceive it? It's a ballad of affection.

downwardsfromzero
#27 Posted : 1/30/2024 3:29:06 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

ChrisMMcD wrote:
Have you ever tried mixing harmalas & melatonin? Good idea?

I have about 3.6mg melatonin sublingual along with a fat pinch of whole Syrian rue seeds, also sublingual, most nights before sleeping. Is this a good idea? Well, it doesn't appear to be acutely toxic… I'm not in a position to recommend it but I do get trippy effects on waking up. It's not possible for me to guarantee that this would be a positive lifestyle addition for someone with a regular normal job, nor that it will turn you into a hermit (as I seem to have become lately).

I'll weigh a 'fat pinch' of rue just to give a better picture of what that is, since my fingers are fairly dainty.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV12