We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Solvent, ?????, water - What is the third layer? Options

Attention All Shipping
#1 Posted : 7/4/2009 9:49:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Don't know what it is. I've had it too with Xylene (& poss other solvents) pulls. I'd thought it might be sodium carbonate or some other base as I've experienced it while washing xylene pulls with SC. However I've also experienced similar layers using IPA with a xylene/toluene type non-polar solvent.
Not a great deal can be done to get rid of it I think - though I'll check my notes. I think you may be able to minimise it & (mostly) split back into two layers by heating and gentle stirring.
I dried some out once and there was no dmt smell - didn't feel like smoking it to be sure.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SWIKiljosh
#2 Posted : 7/5/2009 2:42:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

How was the process up to this point? Did you shake violently. It looks like emulsion to me but I am just a noob.

By the way, interesting container! Looks perfect for seperation.

Attention All Shipping
#3 Posted : 7/6/2009 9:25:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Haven't managed to find any notes on this, from memory I don't think I managed to get rid of it when it occuurred with me.

SWIKiljosh
#4 Posted : 7/6/2009 9:40:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Forgive me if this is a dumb idea but I had a nasty emulsion one time when extracting DXM from Vicks44 that came from my ammonia I believe.

I pulled it out with a turkey baster and shot it into the bottom layer with some force. I dunno if it would work here but in that particular scenario it helped alot. Some would still appear but I just kept repeating it until the layer was very small. Then I heated it slightly and stirred it away.

mushroomtip
#5 Posted : 7/27/2009 10:06:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Try taking this layer and evaporating it using anhydrous iso alchol.

If it comes out dark, and more waxy, like a soft crayon, it's probably
YDP (yuremamine degradation product)
It's very potent, but kinda the opposite end of the spectrum from DMT.