We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Curcumin (Turmeric extract) - Non-toxic+ Easy Extraction Tek Options

Shadowlord
#41 Posted : 12/10/2015 1:23:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking forward to giving this a shot. Been looking for a way to make it easier to get the anti inflammatory effects from curcuma. The potential added boost to cannabis as, well as psychedelics, is an welcome added treat. Thanks for sharing Q21Q21, I always learn more information than I came for here.
Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

slewb
#42 Posted : 1/6/2016 7:01:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know if heavy metal contaminants would be extracted along with the curcumin? This just made me wonder if it would be safer to do this rather than eat powdered turmeric daily. I've made the oil before and used it topically (really effective) but never tried it orally.

anne halonium
#43 Posted : 1/6/2016 5:23:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

interesting,
ive been thinking of this very subject for weeks now.

interest in OTC antibiotics is a sort of fetish with me.
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

Yumi
#44 Posted : 8/11/2016 12:54:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much for this post, I shall be giving this tek a good old fashioned try tonight.Big grin
The Snakes Den \m/\m/

" Speak the ancient wisdom of the desert "

JAi
#45 Posted : 5/8/2017 3:21:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Turmeric has been a staple medicine for me lately, so I went to the store and bought them out, only 5 190 gram packages. I juiced them all in a juicer, and after sitting a precipitate forms on the bottom. Pretty sure it's the curcumin. And if it's really not water soluable it's likely that a Manks (sp?) method could be used to push the rest of the curcumin out. From this I got a quarter of a shot glass of this bright colored thick liquid, that turns solid for the moment you touch it with a fork or spoon (just like kitchen rue which is flower and water).

I was debating whether to suspend it in oil with black pepper, and I noticed the top layer darkening. I'll go with hemp oil, though I was originally thinking coconut.

After I poured off the juice I let it sit in the fridge and another later formed on the bottom. I took the juiced turmeric material and added water to make what has ended up being gallons of turmeric tea I used as a base to make masala chai it's ginger, Kratom, gugaloo frankincense, Cbd raw honey, and sometimes other stuff as well.

Thought that little discovery would be good to share, can keep it all raw, or macro or whatever food grade. If you have a big enough percolator that amount would fit in there. I think it's possible to get a higher yield, maybe juice to get the first bit, percolate to get another solution to add with the juice after removing the precipitate, the solution would then be supersaturated with salt assuming that works, and then the curcumin could be washed with water to remove salt. Then comes the pepper! (And oil)

Also, isn't canola GMO?

downwardsfromzero
#46 Posted : 5/8/2017 5:08:50 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Manske? Curcumin? I really don't think so. Curcumin isn't even an alkaloid. By all means try 'salting out' the curcumin as salt will further reduce the already meagre solubility of turmeric in water. I'd suggest trying a test-tube sized sample first, so you don't trash all your turmeric with a load of salt. Better still, stick with the oil and pepper method.

To see if your precipitate might be mostly curcumin, dry it off and try dissolving a little of it in alcohol or vegetable oil. Curcumin should be completely soluble.

Also, curcumin reacts with boric acid to form a red compound, rosocyanine.

Canola oil is produced from GMO crops in many countries but not in Europe. The oil is functionally identical to non-GMO canola oil but google 'Percy Schmeiser' for more reasons to avoid GMO's.

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Mitakuye Oyasin
#47 Posted : 5/10/2017 7:30:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What is the active amount of curcumin for MAOI effects? I've been taking 1000 mg of curcumin extracted from Turmeric with 10 mg of piperine twice each day. This is supposed to be 20 times more powerful than turmeric powder. I do not feel any different but have noticed that it potentiated some Cannabis. Smoked same amount I normally do, but felt it much more powerfully. Any info on curcumin amounts and MAOI effects would be helpful. Thanks.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
โ€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

jma182
#48 Posted : 5/10/2017 7:11:33 PM

Better than a thousand useless words is one useful word, hearing which one attains peace.

Thats funny i just recently bought some in the store for cooking I had no clue it was an MAOI, tastes great with chicken Big grin
โ€œWhoever, at any time, has undertaken to build a new heaven has found the strength for it in his own hell.โ€
โ€“ Friedrich Nietzsche

downwardsfromzero
#49 Posted : 5/10/2017 11:02:09 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Since I started regularly consuming turmeric ('golden paste'), I can confirm its range of health benefits - antidepressant, anti-inflammatory. But the flavour alone is wonderful. That lemony earthiness. Mmmmm!

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV123