We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Submit Questions For The Alex Grey Interview in Nexian #3 Options

Guyomech
#1 Posted : 11/29/2014 7:47:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Alex has agreed to do the interview, and seems pretty enthused about it. Allyson Grey is open to being included in the questioning as well- this is great because I did want to ask about their shared LSD experience written about in Sacred Mirrors, which inspired her Jewel Net of Indra and his Universal Mind Lattice. I mentioned to him that a lot of the questions would be specifically about psychedelic inspiration in their art lives, which is something they've always spoken about publicly, and he seemed particularly excited about that part.

We should probably try to keep this quick, let's say under a week, since he is home this next few weeks and then takes off for more touring, so we have a window. That gives us until December 8 or so.

Any specific requests for favorite Grey paintings you'd like to see included or explained?

We were at a workshop of theirs once where he spoke about Transfiguration, which was inspired by a DMT experience. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Come to the Alex Grey Interview thread in The Nexian to join the conversation: (if clearance permits)
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=61893

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bill Cipher
#2 Posted : 12/24/2015 12:40:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just giving this a bump.

I spoke with Guy earlier today, and he said that he was going to be speaking with the Greys. He thought that we should consolidate a list of questions, maybe focusing on having them speak specifically about psychedelic experiences and the art that came from it.

If anyone wants to submit questions, he'll make a final pass on the list and submit them.

Here is a clip of another interview he did with them last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6btfOKbkFI

null24
#3 Posted : 12/24/2015 2:38:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

As a viz artist, I'm interested in technique, among other things:
What are his techniques for recalling so vividly imagery from within deep psychedelic mind states?
Does he use tools (voice recorder, sketch while high, et al) or just rely on memory?
Does he just 'fudge' the close detail or does he possess some mental faculty for visual recall?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Global
#4 Posted : 12/27/2015 6:24:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

My question would be what his take is on cultural imagery (i.e. Egyptian, Hindu, Buddhist, Aztec, etc...) within the DMT experience, and which cultural archetypal imagery has he personally encountered, if any?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

a1pha
#5 Posted : 12/27/2015 6:53:44 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

What's the latest with CoSM?
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

jamie
#6 Posted : 12/27/2015 7:20:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I am interested in the MDMA experience that led to cosm
Long live the unwoke.

universecannon
#7 Posted : 12/27/2015 9:45:12 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

jamie wrote:
I am interested in the MDMA experience that led to cosm

Interesting but could you please form that into a question jamie Razz

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Koornut
#8 Posted : 12/27/2015 11:08:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
My question would be what his take is on cultural imagery (i.e. Egyptian, Hindu, Buddhist, Aztec, etc...) within the DMT experience, and which cultural archetypal imagery has he personally encountered, if any?

This. But including Indigenous Australian and pacific island artwork Smile
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

universecannon
#9 Posted : 12/28/2015 12:46:27 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

a1pha wrote:
What's the latest with CoSM?

I would like to add to this:

Could you elaborate on Entheon and when do you expect its completion?

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Jonabark
#10 Posted : 10/4/2018 2:07:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear Alex
I came to COSM for a solstice event 1 and 1/2 years ago and got to see your work full size in oils. Really loved it and enjoyed the dance immensely. What I particularly like about your psychedelic/visionary art is that it goes beyond the optics of visionary states and also gives expression to inner messages, along with a contemplation of the energy dynamics of the body from the both a western and non western understanding. I see a mix of science, optics, anatomic knowledge and cosmic contemplation that is unique.

Could you talk about 2 aspects of making visionary art: that is both the optical effects ( multiple forms, light patterns, rainbow colors, kaleidoscopic symmetry etc.) and the soul transforming visions, ideas and wisdom that also are part of visionary states. I would love to hear about the roles these things play in your art and the interaction of these 2 parts of psychedelic art.