We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mind fold Options

imPsimon
#1 Posted : 7/18/2009 11:06:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any one out there who have tried the mind fold sleeping mask (sleeping/meditation/tripping mask created by Alex Grey wich enables you to have your eyes open) with any psychedelics? Any thoughts?

I have only used them with ketamine and they really make things extreme...getting sucked down that hole in light speed...=)

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 7/19/2009 3:38:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes a Mindfold is an absolutely essential item that any psychedelic explorer should own...was great having it for my recent Iboga experience...is also amazing with mushrooms...HIGHLY recommended Very happy

WSaged
#3 Posted : 7/19/2009 7:24:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to have my studio in my house & if I went in there with all the gear & lights off & shut the doors, it was 100% quiet & dark in there!!
It was great cause I could open or close my eyes & nothing would change!

After the peak of the DMT experience while I was coming down, I would sometimes blink my eyes open & close really fast a number of times in a row & confuse myself into now knowing for sure if they were open or closed!!
It was very unnerving & interesting at the same time!
If I hadn't been doing it on purpose & it just spontaneously happened, I think it would freak me out pretty hard though!

It was a pretty cool feeling, even without any psychoactive's to enhance it!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

kaos.underwave
#4 Posted : 7/24/2009 5:17:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, I'm working on a random writing project about hyperspace, and I was wondering

using the mask,

would you say you experienced a better rate of breaking through into hyperspace, or an internal reality?

how did it change the experience qualitatively?
i.e. "they really make things extreme...getting sucked down that hole in light speed...=)"
could you elaborate on this? you came up quicker? peaked faster, higher, easier?
any other differences in form compared to a non-mask trip, or non-mask facilitated hyperspace?

any differences between OEVs and CEVs, or did the mask make the eyelids completely irrelevant?

any preference between open eyes or closed in terms of comfort?

and finally...I'm not sure where you got the Grey model from, but I've seen luxury sleeping masks with domes over the eyes to achieve the same thing...is that basically the mindfold?

if you take the time, many thanks

one day, I will have a float tank, and it will be awesome. I might get a mask and earplugs in the meantime though...
Onwards and upwards

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 7/24/2009 1:51:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey,

Well the thing I like about the mindfold is that you can open or close your eyes with it on, and its still completely dark, and comfortable, no fabric against your eyes, just an open space, so it really doesn't matter if you close of open your eyes.

Obviously because you can't see the outside world (unless you are in some very unusual states of mind), it is just you and the void...visions/visuals are very internal, and extremely vivid in their details...works well for everything really, mushrooms, LSD, and good to have them on, smoke some spice, and slip them over your eyes as you download into the cellular matrix...

Also very useful combining a mindfold with vocalising and experiencing the effect it has on the visual aspect of the experience...

http://www.mindfold.com/

But yeah I also really want to try an isolation tank, but a mindfold is definitely the next best thing. It has been used with Ibogaine therapy and darkness meditation work here in the UK.

kaos.underwave
#6 Posted : 7/24/2009 11:49:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent, cant wait to start messing around with synaesthesia in one of these, thanks for the tips
Onwards and upwards

imPsimon
#7 Posted : 7/25/2009 11:16:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

kaos.underwave wrote:
would you say you experienced a better rate of breaking through into hyperspace, or an internal reality?

I've never tried them with dmt, only ketamine...dont really know how to explain the ketamine reality, to weird=)

kaos.underwave wrote:
how did it change the experience qualitatively?
i.e. "they really make things extreme...getting sucked down that hole in light speed...=)"
could you elaborate on this? you came up quicker? peaked faster, higher, easier?
any other differences in form compared to a non-mask trip, or non-mask facilitated hyperspace?

It's the sensory depravation that makes it extreme. Your brain needs some input so when it's pitch black and has nothing to relate to it starts to produce it's own reality.
You would probably get the same effect from using a pitch black room. It can be hard to achieve if you don't have really thick curtains or live in a bunker... so I guess it brings you a portable bunker=)

kaos.underwave wrote:
any differences between OEVs and CEVs, or did the mask make the eyelids completely irrelevant?

Ketamine is more like mind movies (better explanation anyone?) not like your tryptamine visions but with ketamine I at least found them irrelevant.

kaos.underwave wrote:
any preference between open eyes or closed in terms of comfort?

It's the same. you cant feel your eyelids hitting anything when they flicker (maybe if you have really long eyelids, do anyone have this problem?) so it's like staring into black space

kaos.underwave wrote:
and finally...I'm not sure where you got the Grey model from, but I've seen luxury sleeping masks with domes over the eyes to achieve the same thing...is that basically the mindfold?

I found mine on ebay for like 15 dollars or something, just search for mindfold and you'll find it.

kaos.underwave wrote:
one day, I will have a float tank, and it will be awesome.

[/quote]

I forgot the float tank, that would be amazing! Hope you'll get one=)