We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Quick question Options

lonewolf123
#1 Posted : 7/24/2009 10:47:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone, hope someone can help me with a quick question.... How long does M. Hostilis stay good for? Can someone order some and let it sit for a year or two without it losing potency? one more question, how long can someone let spice sit around for? Confucious has 5g and is thinking how sad it would be if it went bad half way through Sad ......

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

opticuswrangler
#2 Posted : 7/24/2009 11:08:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MHRB several years old works just fine. Your yield will depend a lot more on how good your technique is rather than the age of the bark.

West-en
#3 Posted : 7/25/2009 12:44:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

opticuswrangler wrote:
MHRB several years old works just fine. Your yield will depend a lot more on how good your technique is rather than the age of the bark.

A bit sceptic here. I've been told before that the age don't matter that much, but I want to do some tests myself first. The supplier of the bark is the most important question though I think, since the amount and ratio DMT:N-Oxide can vary A LOT.

I think bark has got a better shelf life than freebase DMT though. It should not be a problem storing MHRB for a year or two if you do it right. No sunlight, heat, humidity or air and you should be fine. The same rules apply to freebase DMT also! Smile
There's a clear difference between what I say I do and what I actually do perform.

idtravlr
#4 Posted : 7/25/2009 2:56:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has found that keeping spice freebase in the freezer can preserve it almost indefinitely. IMPORTANT NOTE: If keeping it in the freezer it needs to be in an air tight, moisture tight container. SWIM double containers it and keeps some silica gel (or another form of dessicant) in the outer container as well. A canning jar could work well for the outer container. When you take it out of the freezer let it come up to room temp before opening anything. This will prevent condensation forming inside the containers. SWIM finds that moisture and air are his worst enemies because they cause oxidation. Heat and light should probably be avoided too.

I don't have an answer on the MHRB, but I would agree with West-en that initial quality is probably the most important factor with that.

Peace
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

wake and bacon
#5 Posted : 7/25/2009 3:19:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

idtravlr's method is most likely the best to promote very, very long shelf life. If you plan on storing it for more than a year I would definitely do that.

For under a year, I'd say an airtight container in a cool, dark place will work very well. There shouldn't be any noticeable loss of quality. Smile
DeadLizard wrote:
Darkbb wrote:
BTW wheres the "Donate" button traveler?

There are 2 ways to donate
one is called "Post Reply" and the other is called "New Topic"
You will find these buttons at the top and bottom of most pages

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 7/30/2009 8:43:32 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Quote:
Confucious has 5g and is thinking how sad it would be if it went bad half way through

Worst case you could always recrystalize whatever goo or bad product you had, might lose a little, but if it's deteriorating it's better to have some great spice than a bunch of yuckiness.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

lonewolf123
#7 Posted : 7/30/2009 9:10:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

confucius is recrystalizing in RT heptane, they look yellow as hell confucius says, maybe they are really clear and confucius can only perceive yellow??