We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Some sad news Options

Lizz
#21 Posted : 12/19/2015 3:52:27 PM

Reptilian humanoid

ganesh wrote:
Lizz wrote:
I just dont think my first experience with this particular drug should be alone and without the guidance of someone who knows it very well. Sometimes people need help from other people. That isnt a bad thing.

Lizz, i don't know where you get this, 'people to travel to the Jungle are looked down upon', idea from?

In fact everyone on the path of healing should be helped and encouraged to get the best treatment for their condition. What is however looked down upon is individuals who are not respectful of these medicines, and anyone else who acts in such a way. This applies to those who drink at home or in specialized healing centres abroad, etc.

I dunno it just seems to me that a lot of folks seem to have a negative attitude towards people who want to go experience it in the authentic setting. Its just a vibe im getting. I saw it in a similar conversation on a different thread that my member status did not permit me to comment on. Obviously facilities that charge a sum of money in order for you to experience this drug are reprehensible. But if i could somehow organize a visit to a tribe and participate in one of their ceremonies, i would very much like to do it. Hell i would even give them money if they would accept it, and maybe they could actually do something productive with it, unlike the quacks who are exploiting something sacred for their own personal gain. Im paraphrasing but certain people ive seen seem to think even that would be destroying their culture.
And I'm lonesome when you're around
I'm never lonesome when I'm by myself.
And I miss you when you're around...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ganesh
#22 Posted : 12/19/2015 4:22:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lizz wrote:

I dunno it just seems to me that a lot of folks seem to have a negative attitude towards people who want to go experience it in the authentic setting.

Don't let that put you off. Mind you, there is a lot to be said about doing your own research at home into your own problems, and taking steps to heal yourself at home. Different strokes for different folks.

I have to say, it seems to me there's a fair bit of Jealousy coming from those who poo poo the ones who actually travel and experience a healing centre and trained Curandero scenario.

Laughing
More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!

KillaNoodles
#23 Posted : 12/19/2015 4:42:14 PM

Stand Up For It

ganesh wrote:
Here's a more recent and truer version:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/c...remony-1.3371245?cmp=rss

This does not say they had a prior grudge.
Disclaimer: All posts are to be considered fictitious. Author of account-posts is "Role Playing".

KillaNoodles
#24 Posted : 12/19/2015 4:54:48 PM

Stand Up For It

---
Disclaimer: All posts are to be considered fictitious. Author of account-posts is "Role Playing".

anne halonium
#25 Posted : 12/19/2015 6:39:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lizz wrote:

I have to say, it seems to me there's a fair bit of Jealousy coming from those who poo poo the ones who actually travel and experience
Laughing

lol , been around the world 3x.......
those guys arent even on the circuit for a good party.

for the prices these guys charge,
i could fly in some natives , rent some potted plants,
order up some aya, and then put them next to the jugglers and belly dancers , in the foyer.
so they could welcome guests to a real party........

(id have suggested the main dining room, but we have seen they dont do well with silverware)

these guys are fast bux in the weeds, hardly a main showcase of psychedlia.
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

ganesh
#26 Posted : 12/19/2015 6:57:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

KillaNoodles wrote:
ganesh wrote:
Here's a more recent and truer version:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/c...remony-1.3371245?cmp=rss

This does not say they had a prior grudge.

Awww... well the other link does, but that's a secret. True dat. Pleased

Lizz
#27 Posted : 12/19/2015 9:12:04 PM

Reptilian humanoid

KillaNoodles, just out of curiosity; do you believe that all forms of travel between cultures and the sharing of rituals and customs among them is wrong, or just in regards to the Amazonian cultures. Do you believe that all cultures should remain seperated with no intermingling at all?
(I do agree with you that this ridiculous corporatism that Westerners are forced to comply with is very detrimental to almost everything it touches, but i also have faith that this will not remain the status quo for much longer)
And I'm lonesome when you're around
I'm never lonesome when I'm by myself.
And I miss you when you're around...

ganesh
#28 Posted : 12/19/2015 9:18:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anne halonium wrote:
for the prices these guys charge

-Ah, so you don't know about the very affordable places then? Laughing

anne halonium
#29 Posted : 12/19/2015 9:24:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ganesh wrote:
anne halonium wrote:
for the prices these guys charge

-Ah, so you don't know about the very affordable places then? Laughing

wouldnt matter,
craigslist and i get a whole pack of imposters and the band to go with it.
(for less than a plane fare, super easy, as i dont fly coach)
indians and a potion, isnt worth the commute, or the risk, even at low low prices.

the serious nexian, should be able to "brew thy own" IMO anyway.
im well known for a strong stand on " open source @ home" everything
those who cant travel, can still trip..........

i just have zero faith in aya tourism.
even if they used plastic cutlery...........
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

ganesh
#30 Posted : 12/20/2015 10:04:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anne halonium wrote:
the serious nexian, should be able to "brew thy own" IMO anyway.
im well known for a strong stand on " open source @ home" everything
those who cant travel, can still trip..........

i just have zero faith in aya tourism.
even if they used plastic cutlery...........

I don't blame you for thinking like that. But it's worth noting that drinking with a good Curandero is not the same as alone;Worlds apart. The Curandero has experience, icaros, and knowledge from plant dietas.

Personally i love travelling and so i have never travelled soley to drink, in fact i spent many years travelling before i bothered to do so. So if it wasn't good, i'd have not wasted on an airfare, etc. Just would have been another travel; experience.

Poekus
#31 Posted : 12/20/2015 12:41:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sadly this happened recently in the amazon.

I never felt comfortable with the idea to trip with total strangers even if it's guided and hosted with a shaman. You never know who you're facing let alone when under influence of a powerful substance.

Here's the article:

http://www.theguardian.c...ceremony-peruvian-amazon

tseuq
#32 Posted : 12/20/2015 12:48:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

--> Redirected

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

pitubo
#33 Posted : 12/20/2015 12:49:30 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Already being discussed in another thread:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...aspx?g=posts&t=68618

Poekus
#34 Posted : 12/20/2015 12:50:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry didn't realize that, i used the search engine but could't find articles. @mods please remove this one.

tseuq
#35 Posted : 12/20/2015 12:58:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Poekus wrote:
Sorry didn't realize that, i used the search engine but could't find articles. @mods please remove this one.

[HELP US CLEAN] Cleaning up the threads and posts

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Poekus
#36 Posted : 12/20/2015 1:03:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So according the the posted articles here they were friends. I thought they were strangers.

The idea of tripping with people I don't know doesn't make me feel comfortable at all. In this case it seems that the fact that they were not strangers might have contributed to this terrible situation.

It must be devastating for the guy to have to kill his friend out of self-defence.

It's so sad as these retreats are there to guide and protect people in the first place (not saying they're to blame).

Jaffster
#37 Posted : 12/20/2015 1:05:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm in the UK and this was actually on our local news.

I visited the parents on the weekend and my mother also saw it, she knows about my plans to visit Peru next year. Needless to say, she questions my desires and started to worry that I wouldn't be safe over there.

Mass media; The brain rot of the 21st century.

soulfood
#38 Posted : 12/20/2015 1:22:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Lizz wrote:

I dunno it just seems to me that a lot of folks seem to have a negative attitude towards people who want to go experience it in the authentic setting. Its just a vibe im getting.

It's funny I always found it was much more so the other way.

I have never been one to think less of the experience of another because I myself did not experience the same thing, so the best I can do is respect and listen. I've had encounters with a few people when the conversation of ayahuasca has come up and I have on a few occasions encountered people who have taken the journey to a shaman to use this medicine. It's quite common that they insinuate that my experience was null and void because it was not in the traditional setting. Generally I just externally agree with these people, but my attitude towards my experiences has not been changed by their input.

A Peruvian native who grew up in the jungle and drinks Ayahuasca in the jungle is going to have an extremely different experience to my lilly white ass, mosquito bite ridden, smouldering in the jungle heat in a completely 100% UNFAMILIAR environment. To me the fact I would be in a jungle setting for the experience would add nothing to the event but novelty. The emphasis on the psychedelic experience for myself is internal. My external emphasis is being as comfortable as I can be as to not distract what is going on inside.

I completely understand that some folk are way more outdoorsy than myself and I have read some amazing truly life changing reports of experiences in the traditional setting and I have much respect and admiration for those people, but I also feel this is not by a long stretch a one size fits all affair.

Do your research, do what's right for you and tailor your own experience.

pitubo
#39 Posted : 12/20/2015 1:37:27 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Jaffster wrote:
Mass media; The brain rot of the 21st century.

Yeah, your mother is so right. Better stay in the UK and go to the pub. Much safer. Oh, wait... what!? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=UK+pub+stabbing+death

obliguhl
#40 Posted : 12/20/2015 2:16:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why the need for so much hostility? Someone died in a horrible way and still the discussion is about how people should experience psychedelics. Live and let live! Something like this can happen in most settings...while being on drugs or sober. It can happen and it will happen again.

PREV123NEXT