We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Headache from spice? Options

obliguhl
#1 Posted : 7/22/2009 9:45:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The last two times, and the first) my friend from peru smoked spice, he got a splitting headache like 6 hours afterwards.

What could have caused it? He also feels dizzy and slightly nauseaus...and very exhausted.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Garulfo
#2 Posted : 7/22/2009 1:41:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spice is active stuff ! Who knows what it does trigger in our brains ?
SWIM also feel exhausted after a spice session, even a small one. If your friend use to get headaches, I find it is quite logical to get one after a "headquake".

Seven
#3 Posted : 7/22/2009 2:09:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim has gotten a headache right after a spice journey and couldn't remember his trip at all. Other times not at all, so who knows.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

WSaged
#4 Posted : 7/22/2009 5:32:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
The last two times, and the first) my friend from peru smoked spice, he got a splitting headache like 6 hours afterwards.

What could have caused it? He also feels dizzy and slightly nauseaus...and very exhausted.

Remember that DMT is metabolized extremely quickly by the body, effects only last 30min or so, at most & it is gone pretty fast after that. So I kind of doubt smoking DMT had anything to do with headaches you had 6 hours later.
Unless you are taking some kind of MAOI?? Or maybe you have some kind of blood pressure issue, that DMT aggravates??

Do you keep you eyes open?
Could maybe be stress on you optic nerves, from trying to watch and/or follow all of the complex visual information coming at them during the experience, plus the actual room your in mixed in there to?? I've heard of migraine headaches coming from over active moment of the eyes, or too much pressure on them.

Hmmm?

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leap
#5 Posted : 7/22/2009 5:47:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with warrensaged here. In my case, I get a headache from spice only when there are either outside influences or an especially visually intense experience (such as an open eye experience).

If I have coffee or any sort of caffeine before a spice journey, likely to have a headache. Now, caffeine can have *similar* effects on the body as adrenaline. Thinking about the cold, moist palms, increased breathing, and jitters of before and after taking spice. This is your body going into fight or flight mode, very normal considering your body knows what is about to enter in and you have nothing to tell your mind about what to expect. This means constriction of non-necessary veins, increased hear rate, and most importantly increased blood pressure. Increased blood pressure is one of the top causes for headaches. That noggin is a sensitive place! A little swelling in any area of the brain due to dehydration or high blood pressure and you've got a headache, or worse, a migraine. Even after calming down to normal BP, your head can still be throbbing away. It happens.

The best ways I have found to prevent this? One, I try not to do spice after a rough work day. No matter how tempting it is, my body chemistry simply isn't ready for it. Two, drink plenty of water. We're made of the stuff, you'd be surprised what water could do for a headache. Make sure your cardiovascular health is in check, frequent walks and the occasional jog can help a lot with both stress relief and making sure your body can handle your mind going around the universe for a jog. Pleased

Last but not least, anything used in smoking the good stuff is clean and that there is zero chance of anything nasty mixing in. Once I got a big inhale of some super dirty lighter fluid smoke.. that was a headache/cough to remember. See just how much black smoke comes off the lighter flame. Some companies really skimp on the quality of the fluid.

If I missed/messed anything, anyone correct me!

EDIT: Ignore any use of "You, Your," this was addressed to SWIY.
Nothing said on this account is true. It's all fictional for artistic writing purposes.

WSaged
#6 Posted : 7/22/2009 6:19:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another thing, How clean is the spice your using?

The more impurities that are left in the extract, the more unknown garbage you are inhaling into your lungs.
So who's to say at that point what could be causing headaches.

Think of it like this, if I weight out 50mg of my pure clear/white DMT crystals, I know I have 50mg of DMT there.
But, If someone weighs out 50mg of some yellow, oily, sticky spice, you can be pretty sure you've got some DMT in there, but how much? And how much other crap is still in there with it? So a 50mg dose may actually be only 30-to-40mg of DMT, but that leaves 10-to-20mg of unknown....Confused

There are some people who prefer the yellow stuff to pure DMT, but I highly prefer the pure stuff, for a number of reasons!!
Even the experience is more enveloping & I get less of the physical side effects too!!

Still, the fact that your having the headaches 6 hours later, leads me to believe there is no connection whatsoever between your headaches & your spice intakes.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harbinger
#7 Posted : 7/22/2009 6:24:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I actually found that when I have a bad headache and I take spice, the headache goes away.
I know of another friend that has experienced this cure for the common headache.

I believe that with the increased blood flow and activity in the brain from the spice may help clear out any nerve and blood vessel pressure.

This is only my experience, and is in no way meant to sound like medical evidence or advice.
Give the spice a little smile... and cross the veil in style.

obliguhl
#8 Posted : 7/22/2009 6:53:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting replies, thank you!
Maybe it could also be due to physical stress and exhaustion...

One thing: My friend would not want to smoke yellow spice because he can't even manage to break through with vast amounts like 150mg of pure, white spice...

۩
#9 Posted : 7/22/2009 6:58:04 PM

spice feels like it resets and recalibrates a lot...always craving a lot of water...leaving the head with a feeling of fullness.

obliguhl
#10 Posted : 7/22/2009 7:03:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

slidewinder wrote:
spice feels like it resets and recalibrates a lot..leaving the head with a feeling of fullness.

No doubt, sir Very happy

idtravlr
#11 Posted : 7/23/2009 12:24:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spice is very dehydrating. If your friend is often dehydrated prior to smoking, and then smokes, he's probably extremely dehydrated, which could certainly account for a late onset headache. If I do several sessions in a sitting I will get a headache too. Lot's of water before and after always helps.

Does your friend drink a lot of coffee? Many regular coffee drinkers are chronically dehydrated because caffeine actually blocks the mechanism in our brain that triggers thirst!!

Just some thoughts.

Peace
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

obliguhl
#12 Posted : 7/23/2009 6:53:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5
#13 Posted : 7/23/2009 3:46:21 PM

The Great Namah

I really have to agree with everything that was said.

Dirty spice is more likely to give me a headache. Also buring your spice will give a nasty headache and a burnt throat.

Drinking a lot of coffee the day of a spice journey is more likely to give me a headache afterwards.

Being overly dehydrated can give me a headache after a spice voyage.

And surely every time I try to keep my eyes open during an intense experience I will get some sort of physical symptom.

I think that spice DOES reset/reboot the nervous system. It is cleansing in a way and usually I feel wonderful and full of life after a voyage.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

69ron
#14 Posted : 7/24/2009 9:07:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM also sometimes gets a headache the day following DMT use. If not a headache, usually his whole body feels a little bit tense. Coffee helps clear it up.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

obliguhl
#15 Posted : 7/24/2009 9:13:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You're a little caffeeine addict, aren't you Razz

69ron
#16 Posted : 7/24/2009 10:27:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I drink coffee once or twice everyday. Love the stuffVery happy
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

imPsimon
#17 Posted : 7/25/2009 9:02:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I cant' drink coffee. Coming down from caffeine make me feel like coming down from speed...It's horrible!
...but I love the smell=)

۩
#18 Posted : 7/25/2009 9:04:24 PM

imPsimon wrote:
I cant' drink coffee. Coming down from caffeine make me feel like coming down from speed...It's horrible!
...but I love the smell=)

I find this funny. I used to say this same thing...almost...but lately I've been craving it and I drink it every day and don't feel the harsh come down like I used to.
I LOVE Coffee :]

obliguhl
#19 Posted : 7/25/2009 9:12:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I only get very minor effects from coffee.

69ron
#20 Posted : 7/25/2009 9:39:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
I only get very minor effects from coffee.

You might want to try a different brand.

Not all coffee is equal. There are some types of coffee that I cannot stand at all with horrible effects, making me twitchy and burnt out. Yuck.

My favorite is Folgers INSTANT coffee. This produces the cleanest most euphoric caffeine high of all the coffees I have tried. I’ve tried hundreds of different kinds of coffee. Starbuck's is one of the worst there is. Something about how Folgers instant coffee is extracted alters it making it a superior product. It doesn’t give you that caffeine burnout effect that most other coffees give you even when a lot is had. There’s also another brand I like. I forget what it’s called though. It’s an instant espresso.

I stopped brewing my own coffee. The taste is better but the effects are worse. Home brewed coffee is just not as nice as instant. It has a different ratio of alkaloids in it. It’s the different ratio of alkaloids that make the difference between a cup of coffee that makes you feel wonderful, and a cup of coffee that makes you twitchy and feel like crap.

Hawaiian grown coffee is the WORST in effects, but the best tasting.

123NEXT