We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Acid vs. Non-Acid Brew Experiment: Comparison of Alkaloids Remaining in THP Brewed Caapi Options

olympus mon
#21 Posted : 9/23/2010 7:35:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

soulfood, did you really mean just a few drops? id be interested to know how much water used total as well.

i just did my first brew with vinegar and i found it took a min. of 1 tablespoon per 1/2 gallon distilled h20 to achieve a 3.6 ph.

interesting enough is that the ph remained at 3.6 even after a second table spoon was added.
im not sure how this could be but i repeated it a second time and got the similar results except the ph dropped to 3.5 and flickered back and forth to 3.6.

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

soulfood
#22 Posted : 9/23/2010 10:18:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I only went down to pH 5 as I checked on the first boil. With the following boils I just estimated the amount of vinegar based on the first boil and then didn't measure the pH. On my last boil I added a little more than previous.

I use tap water for my brews and the pH usually comes out around just over 7. I use around 10 drops per boil just so there was a hint of vinegar smell and then did 4 3 hour boils giving me 2 litres of liquid that was then reduced to 80ml, by which time I couldn't smell any vinegar.

olympus mon
#23 Posted : 9/24/2010 3:31:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

would you consider using a full 1-2 tablespoons next brewing in the name of science Wink ? it would be great to know if 3.6 ph makes a much larger increased in potency or if just a few drops like you did is adequate.

my brew still has a pretty definite vinegar smell. if i could lower the amount id like to.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

SnozzleBerry
#24 Posted : 9/24/2010 3:39:55 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

You can add NaHCO3 to your final brew after using acid in order to neutralize the vinegar taste (it can actually make it taste almost as if there was no acid used whatsoever). The only thing is, if you go this route, you should drink all of the sediment in case the rise in pH causes the Harmalas to precipitate out of solution. This gives you the efficiency of an acid extraction and the taste of an acid-free extraction. Wink

credit to Endlessness, Cosmic Lion, and anyone else who took part in the brain-storming behind this idea way back when...
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

boogerz
#25 Posted : 12/12/2015 9:26:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BUMP! Thank you snozz for this amazing thread!

Orion
#26 Posted : 12/13/2015 7:56:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks boog for the bump, surprised it's such an old thread. Good work Snozzster. Always good to have a decent reference thread.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

PREV12