We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Glass Vaporizer Bongs Options

DoingKermit
#21 Posted : 7/12/2009 11:59:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
If you notice, I never call DMT a drug. No, it's a sacrament, a chemical, a blessing. Smoking DMT doesn't make one "trip" no, it's an experience, a voyage, a journey.

How you say things does make a difference!

Well put, alcon_5

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jumiem
#22 Posted : 7/13/2009 5:54:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Semantics! Its like saying that oxygen isn't a chemical element but its a "life force"

Can you be straight edge and smoke DMT or Salvia?....
I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.

۩
#23 Posted : 7/13/2009 5:56:40 AM

It's not just semantics, it's Style. Muy importante.

WSaged
#24 Posted : 7/14/2009 6:45:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Try stuffing the brillo you would normally use with the machine into a regular glass bubbler pipe (like used for MJ).
Then use it the same way you would the machine, except your not sucking on a broken bottle & you get water the cooling.

Some folks get great results with those oil bowls, but for me it was the harshest, worst tasting vapor & took too much effort to get it right!!
BTW, I used something just like the one in your pic (except it was round) for months...at first...then I got started searching for the best method for me.
Machine was nice, but I missed the water cooling.
SO I got a small clear bubbler & put the Brillo in there!!
Well, that was the end of the search!!

Unfortunately, I broke it while moving.Crying or very sad
I have a small bong I'm using now, but it sux compared to the 'ole bubbler!
So the search is on again!!! (I'd get another just like it, if I could find one!!)

Good luck!

WS
WSaged attached the following image(s):
Full Pipe.jpg (28kb) downloaded 224 time(s).
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

lorax
#25 Posted : 7/14/2009 3:42:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

been using the vaporgenie ever since jorkest recommended it to me. i ordered one of those new glass VGs. should show up on my doormat some time soon. i also favor oral administration over smoking/vaporizing. for me the smoked way comes on much too rapid and doesn't give my mind the time to adapt to the secrets unfolded inside it. its way too much information at once to be able to process. its more like a "wait a minute.. what the **** just happened" kind of thing.. not my cup of tea. i sometimes use it as an "enhancement" for when i have an appointment with lucy or teonanacatl. small doses work like a charm for extending/enhancing any kinds of tryptamine experiences. i also love snuffed virola in combination with vaporized elfdust.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

acolon_5
#26 Posted : 7/14/2009 5:32:05 PM

The Great Namah

SanMan wrote:
So... I went to the head shop and picked up one of these...

It works but it is nothing like the machine!

The machine will FOG my lungs with smooth smoke and this thing is harsh and requires too much effort to get it to work correctly without burning the spice.

$14.99 at the local head shop.

The machine $6 at the liquor store and I don't have to look like a meth head.

This is my Aladin's Lamp. Works great if you can vaporize right! I see you've got a bic there...yeah, I never had any luck using a bic. A torch lighter is best, but you've REALLY got to baby it or it's gonna burn like acid on the back of your throat. Overheating is what makes it harsh. Your spice should never turn brown, but stay a clear oil throughout the vaporization. If it turns brown you've applied too much heat.

Never tried it with water, but that's on my list of things to do. I imagine that it would drastically reduce the burn from the heat.

The water in a bong doesn't seem to hurt potency, so why should it in one of these?
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

acolon_5
#27 Posted : 7/14/2009 5:38:42 PM

The Great Namah

Jumiem wrote:
Semantics! Its like saying that oxygen isn't a chemical element but its a "life force"

Can you be straight edge and smoke DMT or Salvia?....

Not to me.

DMT smokers are druggies
DMT smokers are psychic explorers

Is the above symantics or do these two things mean very different things to you?

There was a long discussion about this in The Spirit Molecule....the words used make a giant difference in how things are perceived. Personally, I would rather the public see DMT as something other than a "drug". The word "drug" and "drug use" have very bad connotations...this has been beaten into our heads since gradeschool (D.A.R.E. Anyone?)

To me it makes a huge difference.
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

acolon_5
#28 Posted : 7/15/2009 2:37:27 PM

The Great Namah

Sorry for the triple posting here, but I wanted to give some tips for using these types of vaporizers

1) use a torch lighter, you have more control over heat, it won't blacken up the bulb so you can see what you are doing

2) melt the spice FIRST. It only takes 1/2 a second with a torch lighter...hit the flame to it and it will melt. Walk away, prepare your space, let the spice solidify

3) when you are ready, light your torch lighter, keep the tip of the flame 1-3" away from the bulb. The oil should melt again, and then start smoking, start inhaling and remove heat...it should still be smoking for a few while you inhale. As soon as it stops smoking hit it with the flame again (1-3" away from the bulb) for a bit until it is really smoking agian, repeat until gone.

At no time should your puddle of spice turn brown or black
You should have really clean spice for this vaporizer...red/yellow spice will burn quickly and be extremely harsh..uncleaned white spice can also be extremely harsh....BURNT spice will be extremely harsh.

If you do it as described above..basically babying the hell out of it, you will ge silky smooth smoke and an amazingly intense journey. The leaf bed method works best for me, but I've had my most intense, and most meaningful experiences using the above vaporizer.
The Spice extends life

WSaged
#29 Posted : 7/15/2009 6:32:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Acolon, how do you concentrate enough to not burn it up with the lighter being too close, after the effects of the first toke start to show themselves?

When I used to use an oil bubbler like that, I could get the first hit to go nice & smooth like you said, because I could still see it.
But after the effects start up, I could barely tell where the lighter was in relation to the bowl (because they both keep moving) & I almost always ended up burning it, or not getting it hot enough to vaporize fully. (I'd guess practice makes perfect...buuuuut)

I was however, able to light it pretty easily & without burning anything, when I would take care of heating it for a friend of mine.
He would always get excellent tokes & had many, many heavy duty experiences, long before I did.
Although he was never able to figure out the proper way to heat it...for me.
(which started to piss me off & I began getting jealous of him:oopsSmile.

So until I used regular water pipe with brillo in the bowl, I had never even had a breakthrough.
I had gotten close a few times...but I had not actually reached that point of overload, until I started using a regular bubbler.
It's just easier for me to light the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th hit's, without having to concentrate on it.

So do you have any advice on how to get those additional hits heated properly...by yourself?

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

acolon_5
#30 Posted : 7/15/2009 7:20:12 PM

The Great Namah

Well yes, warrensaged there is a way to do it.

Because there is a decent sized chamber on this thing, my suggestion is to fully fill the chamber with the thickest smoke before inhaling in anything. You can take your time with this. Go slow and inhale VERY slowly to get the thickest, fullest smoke you can. Don't take any actual smoke in until your chamber is as full as it can be with super dense smoke. Don't burn the dmt while doing this...very important.

As soon as you have taken that hit and while still holding it, you can use your cheek muscles to load up the chamber again without exhaling. The first hit is the most important and the second hit is 2nd most important. Again, don't burn the spice.

On that third toke I usually can't baby the bowl anymore and have to hit it hard...but most of the spice has already been vaporized, so the harshness is minimal.

I usually don't feel much until the second hit, and even after the third it takes another 5-10 seconds before lift off...it takes less time for most people. I have had a few where I was gone before I could finish what I was smoking. I looped that lighter's flame a 100x before finally being blasted into the ether.

Also, THIS IS IMPORTANT. Clean your glass bulb after each voyage. If you don't want to waste any spice only put what you plan on smoking in the vaporizer each time. IPA and a q-tip works great for this. Mine would build up a brown/black layer of nasty over time...this will make your smoke VERY HARSH! Clean it out! You don't need to clean anything but the bowl and maybe part of the stem.

These are my suggestions... I hope they were helpful.

I'm sorry, I have to change the title on this. I hate seeing meth anything on the Nexus. The title will be changed to Glass Vaporizer Bongs
The Spice extends life

WSaged
#31 Posted : 7/15/2009 8:03:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Right On!!

Thanks!

acolon_5 wrote:
I'm sorry, I have to change the title on this. I hate seeing meth anything on the Nexus. The title will be changed to Glass Vaporizer Bongs

And Thanks!!

Wink
WS

obliguhl
#32 Posted : 7/21/2009 8:04:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The problem is: It's pretty easy to vaporize with the machine, but it'S also easy to burn spice if you're already loaded but need to take more. It's also pretty hard to refill while having an experience.

Moreover, with a small bubble, it's hard to get full hits - at least for my friend. The first hit is somewhat important and nothing sucks more than vaporize without success while the clock is ticking.

There got to be a way to apply just the right amount of heat to the brillo in order to vaporize perfectly!

Maybe with some kind of electric heating on top of the brillo?

timeloop
#33 Posted : 7/22/2009 2:36:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey guys I stumbled upon this while doing some research on my new glass vapor-genie. It is called the vapor star and is a true vaporizing glass bong. I Think it has a wooden cone with a metal vapor genie style heating element.

PREV12