We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
hydrochloric acid Options

alwaysneverthesame
#1 Posted : 7/21/2009 12:26:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if i do three boils on the bark and add acid during each boil, how much hydrochloric acid should i add to 175g of mhrb each boil?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

shago
#2 Posted : 7/21/2009 1:59:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

5 mL for every 1000 mL I think. Check with pH papers, you should be left at pH 4.

The awaited day will come.
De rodillas, bajo la lluvia y sobre el barro, clamamos a los cielos... ven a nosotros.

JOIN THE NEXUS CHAT ROOM NOW!

I do not aprove any illegal act as I don't do anything illegal.

shago
#3 Posted : 7/21/2009 2:07:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HCL is very powerful, a few drops will be good.

if you do a STB tek you even don't need to use acid, nor boil, give it a try.

De rodillas, bajo la lluvia y sobre el barro, clamamos a los cielos... ven a nosotros.

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 7/21/2009 2:32:32 PM

The Great Namah

shago wrote:

I have to disagree, A/B are superior to STB in many ways...time is not one of them, but a clean product, not having to find ways to get your naphtha out of the sludge is another, and not having to use 1/2 a container of lye is a third, out of many.

To the OP: HCL is a great acid to use, but vinegar is safer, cheaper, and works just as well. Using HCL does not seem to increase yields in my extractions. Phosphoric, however, for some reason seems to work better than either vinegar or HCL, still I tend to use vinegar.

1 cup vinegar to 3 cups water for the first boil, 1/2 cup vinegar to 3 cups water on 2nd + 3rd, and straight water on the 4th. This is how I usually do it. It doesn't take much NaOH to get this to a pH of 12.5
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

shago
#5 Posted : 7/21/2009 3:21:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
shago wrote:

I have to disagree, A/B are superior to STB in many ways...time is not one of them, but a clean product, not having to find ways to get your naphtha out of the sludge is another, and not having to use 1/2 a container of lye is a third, out of many.

To the OP: HCL is a great acid to use, but vinegar is safer, cheaper, and works just as well. Using HCL does not seem to increase yields in my extractions. Phosphoric, however, for some reason seems to work better than either vinegar or HCL, still I tend to use vinegar.

1 cup vinegar to 3 cups water for the first boil, 1/2 cup vinegar to 3 cups water on 2nd + 3rd, and straight water on the 4th. This is how I usually do it. It doesn't take much NaOH to get this to a pH of 12.5

Well you can always do a recrystallization when doing a STB, in order to get pure spice.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 7/21/2009 3:52:00 PM

The Great Namah

^ Very true.

STB isn't a bad method, many people use it with great success. I've always had issues with mine, and just prefer the A/B. Find what works best for you of course!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.