We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anandamide Extraction? Options

mapp
#1 Posted : 7/20/2009 3:31:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is extracting anandamine a difficult or worthwhile task? (Especially for an extraction n00b like SWIM..)

SWIM is just curious as he will be ordering some theobroma extract soon, but he read that the anandamine is mostly "the best" constituent of it.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

burnt
#2 Posted : 7/20/2009 8:57:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

anandamide is an endegenous cannabinoid. dosing it is pretty much pointless. they have done clinical tests on this compound but it never worked out very well or had side effects.

these compounds are made on demand in the CNS and broken down very shortly after use.

also because of its fatty nature it will be hard to isolate especially with lots of other fats around.

bufoman
#3 Posted : 7/20/2009 7:35:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I am not sure of its concentration in chocolate although it is likely to be very very low. Furthermore some basic lab equipment would be required (column chromatography) to isolate it as burnt said it would otherwise be difficult to separate it from the other fatty constituents.

While anandamide is likely active in humans it would really likely need to be synthesized for any usable amount and arachidonic acid is expensive.

Thus there are likely more fruitful projects to invest ones time in.

burnt
#4 Posted : 7/20/2009 8:08:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I am pretty sure they tried making a drug out of it already but there were some not so nice side effects. I can't remember what they were or where I heard that though. So can't verify right now.

mapp
#5 Posted : 7/20/2009 8:56:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the info Swimmers! SWIM just figured he'd ask about it anyway Wink