We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Will these changes last? Options

JDSalinger
#1 Posted : 11/30/2015 5:26:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all, I have recently taken DMT and since then have noticed a lot of changes in my life, all of which are positive. Firstly, I had a bad relationship with drugs and alcohol in the sense that I used them to escape the problems in the world. I have always been intelligent to a degree but have since high school gradually become bitter with the world witnessing all the bad things happening and had reached a point in my life where I wanted to switch off and ignore it all. I was egotistical, always wanting nice things and wanting to be rich. I was becoming more obsessed with drugs in a negative way. Also I was noticing a real lack of empathy for anyone that I didn't know and care about. This was not a natural progression from the smart, caring , imaginative child that I once was and I was wondering how had I became this person. I (like previously mentioned) took DMT and broke through and since then have made big changes in my life, I have only had three drinks since then as opposed to fifty, decided to travel overseas with my partner for a year and return to university after. I am much more self aware and want to reclude myself in the world again. I have started reading more and become interested in academics again. My question is will this last because I hope so? I am scared to return back to who I was, I feel so alive.
Thank you.
“Among other things, you'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior. You're by no means alone on that score, you'll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them—if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It's a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn't education. It's history. It's poetry.” J.D. Salinger.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Beelzebozo
#2 Posted : 11/30/2015 5:15:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The good and bad news, based on my experience, is that real growth requires your participation. I spent most of my early adulthood taking psychedelics because I thought they would change me. Then, after hitting rock bottom and suffering greatly, I realized that I was deluded. I wanted growth without the hard work, but the two are inseparable. Change can be glimpsed with psychedelics, but to be manifested, you have to live it. And that's HARD. Actual change hurts, it's terrifying, it's uncomfortable. It isn't sexy, it doesn't feel very spiritual.

As long as we refuse to accept that change is difficult, that it is work, we will fail to change, because we will be looking for that ever-elusive experience that will transform us once and for all, after which everything will be okay. There's nothing easy about growing, in my opinion. And yeah, this isn't a message that sells. . . . Laughing
Quote:
I have come to believe that in the world there is nothing to explain the world.

―Loren Eiseley

JDSalinger
#3 Posted : 12/1/2015 1:51:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No, thank you, your message is good news to me Smile. Psychedelics have allowed me to have some amazing self reflection but like you say with no real change till now. I am more than willing to put in the hard work to change. I guess what I was scared about is as the memory of the high fades away so will the positive change in my life.
“Among other things, you'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior. You're by no means alone on that score, you'll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them—if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It's a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn't education. It's history. It's poetry.” J.D. Salinger.

Strigiform
#4 Posted : 12/1/2015 3:43:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad that you feel as though your life is changing in a positive way. I believe that psychedelics can help you see how certain past behaviors have hurt you, but to make any lasting change you always must act on your own.

The good news is that it takes more energy to start significant change than it does to maintain it, so once you get into university and get into your studies, I honestly believe that the inertia of your previous actions will help you along. What are you considering studying, if I might ask?

JDSalinger
#5 Posted : 12/1/2015 6:28:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, I am considering doing a bachelor of mathematics at the moment.

travsha
#6 Posted : 12/1/2015 4:48:22 PM

Share Love ~

I healed my depression with psychedelics. When I took a 3 year break that depression did not come back. So changes can last if you make them last. Some people never get changes to last more then a day because they expect a substance to fix everything for them and go back to the same thinking and behavior that make them sick in the first place.... If you find your new path and stick to it then the changes will last though.

anne halonium
#7 Posted : 12/3/2015 12:39:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

make changes first,
then massive psychedelic reward.
thats how i have always played.

hallucination always resonates well with success.

a trip is a trip,
but a trip thats used to manifest tangible supply and action,
is absolute magic.

id suggest trips charge people up indeed,
but the absolute value that pans out,
is pry more related to the bell curve than alkaloids.

it can enhance you, but it cant make you.
you , can make you though.
ironic.
one chooses the pill of wisdom,
to realize the magic is limited to the wisdom /skill set one already has.
and THAT is great wisdom indeed.
behold the power of hallucinogens!

"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

marz
#8 Posted : 12/3/2015 10:33:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I also fixed/healed my depression with psychedelics it will last if you want to make it last and staying positive think positive even if negative things happen its hard but can be done. I believe in laws of attraction Love
"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution

JDSalinger
#9 Posted : 12/3/2015 1:47:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

These replies are a great reassurance to me, especially since all of you are better versed in the world of psychedelics. Smile