We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tripping on Marijuana Options

JohnIce2
#1 Posted : 11/18/2015 11:42:02 PM

All posts are imaginary.

So I started smoking again not to long ago after a 6 month break and I noticed that every time I smoke now I start to trip. Its usually like I can hear my inner voice and such. Colors change slightly and sounds are more apparent and I am over sensitive to them. The first time I smoked after the "break" I was also on LSA and I had a bad trip. After a month and a half of smoking again I was used to it and the effects decreased. I also noticed that any time I would take something else (i.e DXM, Adderall, 5-HO-DMT in small doses)and smoke the effects would be more prominent of both the substances. I could also notice slight HPPD with DXM for about 2 weeks after use (after I would do DXM even just by itself and would be down and smoke I would start tripping harder than before I did the DXM and would smoke).

Anyways haha any opinions? Honestly I think i'm blessed with the ability to trip from just weed (trying to look at it positively).
Thank You!
All posts are imaginary and are just examples for me to learn simple to advanced organic chemistry processes.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

travsha
#2 Posted : 11/19/2015 12:14:41 AM

Share Love ~

Cannabis always gives me visuals. Sometimes I will pray to my cannabis, ask it a question, and then smoke and let it take me on a journey to find inspiration.... Works really well for me - especially if I combine mapacho with my cannabis.

Certainly more visual and intense when my tolerance is lower after long breaks. I recently took a month off of cannabis because I was dieting coca and when I finally smoked again a few days ago it was super intense! Easily as intense as some mushroom or LSD experiences I used to have....

JohnIce2
#3 Posted : 11/19/2015 12:25:32 AM

All posts are imaginary.

Sounds Amazing! Haha you have no idea how good it is to hear that I'm not the only one out their ya kno.
All posts are imaginary and are just examples for me to learn simple to advanced organic chemistry processes.

universecannon
#4 Posted : 11/19/2015 1:07:20 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Weed has always been very psychedelic for me since the first time I got high. If you want to read more about peoples experiences here there is a large number of threads on this topic Smile

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

TGO
#5 Posted : 11/19/2015 1:13:02 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

universecannon wrote:
Weed has always been very psychedelic for me since the first time I got high. If you want to read more about peoples experiences here there is a large number of threads on this topic Smile

Indeed! In fact, I started a thread about something similar not too long ago that you might find interesting, JohnIce2!

Marijuana and the "Night Visions" (Questions)

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

MrPitt
#6 Posted : 11/19/2015 3:03:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Marijuana shares effects with psychedelics, stimulants, and depressants. The strength of each effect depends on the strain of bud you have. Terpenes are also know to change how marijuana effects you. I myself get slight visuals out of the corner my eye for a few seconds every now and then when smoking.

As far as weed making other drugs stronger, this is actually a well known effect called synergistic effects, and it is common with many drugs. That being said, the synergy with weed and dxm is mind blowingly euphoric and amazing. This is one of my favorite combinations that I've done more times than I can count.
You may think you can or think you can't; either way you're right.

null24
#7 Posted : 11/19/2015 4:38:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Yes, marihuana gets you high. Thank god for marihuana. Thumbs up Big grin
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

brilliantlydim
#8 Posted : 11/19/2015 7:57:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to smoke weed a bit when I was younger. Smoked it rarely once in a while over the last few years.

I have experienced psychedelics for my first time this year, and now having tried 5-MeO, N,N and Mushrooms. I tried smoking weed again for the first time since trying all of those and although I didn't smoke a lot it hit me real hard. Its hard to explain, but I'll say it seem as though I was starting to "break though" in way. It freaked me right out and I ended up holding myself "together" and staying here. But I really felt there was the possibility and I was totally unprepared for that.

I haven't smoked it again since.

JohnIce2
#9 Posted : 11/20/2015 4:12:35 AM

All posts are imaginary.

I have had similar experiences with weed ehud! Not similar to DMT tho. for me it is more like acid and shrooms mixed with DXM divided by about 20. haha I did once smoke out a person with no tolerance and she went unconscious for about 5 minutes and when she came back she kept on saying things like "oh my God I'm back!" and "I went to another world".

Haha has anyone ever synergised LSA with Pot? The one time I did it (had no pot tolerance, prolly not a good idea) the visuals and the anxiety were to intense.

JohnIce2
#10 Posted : 11/20/2015 4:20:57 AM

All posts are imaginary.

And The Grateful One, I looked at the link you posted. Very Interesting!
Their have been a few times recently where I would meditate while under my kinda psudo-trip influence from pot. A few times I went into a weird state where my body was asleep and I couldn't move (didn't try but I don't think I could) but my mind was still awake. I started having these interactive experiences through CEVs where I would go into this world and could explore. The entire time this is happening I don't think I'm asleep and I feel just like I have my eyes closed. But the odd thing that makes me think I was in a sort of REM Sleep if you will was that what seemed like 5 minutes to me was actually 45.

Emptiness
#11 Posted : 11/20/2015 6:46:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Because our brains have synaptic plasticity, it means that the pathways activated by one drug have a tendency to be reactivated by other drugs. That is why after mixing two substances like DMT and MJ, the next time you smoke MJ it might have incredibly enhanced its effect on you similar to that of DMT.

Neurons that fire together, wire together... and tend to stay that way unless you stop firing them.

JohnIce2
#12 Posted : 11/21/2015 2:59:44 AM

All posts are imaginary.

Very Very Interesting! So what your saying is that I can mix my MJ with another substance of preferred choice to increase the effects of both MJ and that substance without combining?

MrPitt
#13 Posted : 11/22/2015 10:30:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Emptiness wrote:
Because our brains have synaptic plasticity, it means that the pathways activated by one drug have a tendency to be reactivated by other drugs. That is why after mixing two substances like DMT and MJ, the next time you smoke MJ it might have incredibly enhanced its effect on you similar to that of DMT.

Neurons that fire together, wire together... and tend to stay that way unless you stop firing them.

This is very misleading. While synaptic plasticity is responsible for the high you get from drugs, all it is is the ability for neurons to fire quicker or slower depending on current needs. Smoking weed with DMT will have almost no effect on you the next time you smoke weed by itself (unless you are either still tripping, or there's DMT residue). If I drank some vodka with LSD, would you think that next time I went out drinking that I would start feeling like I was on LSD? No. Simply because that's not how drugs or our brains work.
You may think you can or think you can't; either way you're right.

null24
#14 Posted : 11/22/2015 6:43:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

^^^ Since I began exploring hyperspace, it has become far easier for me yo enter a visionary state with Mj alone. I've only smoked pot simultaneously with spice once, and did not line how they interacted at all. There's nothing in my experience that backs the "fire together wire together" idea. DMT just opened my mind.

JohnIce2 wrote:
Their have been a few times recently where I would meditate while under my kinda psudo-trip influence from pot. A few times I went into a weird state where my body was asleep and I couldn't move (didn't try but I don't think I could) but my mind was still awake. I started having these interactive experiences through CEVs where I would go into this world and could explore. The entire time this is happening I don't think I'm asleep and I feel just like I have my eyes closed. But the odd thing that makes me think I was in a sort of REM Sleep if you will was that what seemed like 5 minutes to me was actually 45.

Exactly the sort of experiences I can have at times with Mj now. Almost lucid dreaming, hypnagogic, meditative state.

Really the majority of my most visionary experiences have been with pot. I do find it slightly humorous every time somebody has this revelation.Big grin
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

brilliantlydim
#15 Posted : 11/25/2015 5:24:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
^^^ Since I began exploring hyperspace, it has become far easier for me yo enter a visionary state with Mj alone. I've only smoked pot simultaneously with spice once, and did not line how they interacted at all. There's nothing in my experience that backs the "fire together wire together" idea. DMT just opened my mind.

I never did mix the two, so I am more for the DMT opens your mind hypothesis than the "fire together wire together" one.
Even after my first psychedelic experience, which was with 5-MeO, I had a couple moments while lying in bed when I felt like I was starting to take off like I did on my trip. I feel like I could have tripped, but it scared the crap out of me so bad that it snapped me out of it. I found it so interesting that I started practicing meditation to see if I could bring on the 5-MeO state with out any substance. I knew that the original trip "opened" something inside of me.

JohnIce2 wrote:

null24 wrote:

Exactly the sort of experiences I can have at times with Mj now. Almost lucid dreaming, hypnagogic, meditative state.

Really the majority of my most visionary experiences have been with pot. I do find it slightly humorous every time somebody has this revelation.Big grin

This is kind of what I experienced as well. After I took a few good tokes, I started getting the uncomfortable paranoia and tiredness that I often get when I smoke MJ (reason why I never do it anymore) and went to bed with my GF. I was lying there with my arm around her and I was just staring into the dark room, drifting into a "lucid dreaming, hypnagogic, meditative" state. I got the sense of "shifting" or "drifting" into a different dimension. I was completely still staring into the dark and I was starting to see something in front of me, an entity of some sorts. It was scary as shit, but I was so intrigued that I was actively trying to keep myself still and mind quite to see how far I could go. Then my GF gave out a worried call of my name, like as if she could feel me drifting away from this world. It snapped me right back to "reality" and I asked her what was wrong. She was holding my arm and said that in an instant my skin turned as cold as ice. She said it literally felt like ice cold water running through her hand and it freaked her right out.

I think I will stick to the light stuff like N,N, 5MeO, and shrooms. Save that MJ for the heavy weights, that stuff is too crazy for me Pleased

Seriously though, it just goes to show how your frame of mind and intention can really change the way these substances effect you.

Astraloger
#16 Posted : 11/30/2015 5:55:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As others have posted, you are not alone JohnIce2!

I myself began smoking weed when I was 14, and for my entire high school career I smoked, and smoked, and smoked some more Pleased

I didn't really mess with much else (other than alcohol - I drank for the first time on a night I was mugged at knife point of my weed), at least in highschool. I did shrooms the odd time. A bit of methylphenidate, some ecstasy pills that were basically methbombs, salvia (it was sold at the corner store believe it or not haha), etc.

I know you ruled out drugs being a possible cause, but I noticed a very certain change in how weed acted when I smoked it with no tolerance after a very difficult mushroom trip I had. Lets just say, the odd time I would trip out at home, and at that time I lived at my parents, and they weren't okay with drugs..

I get very distinct visual type patterns, mostly in reds and greens and they are fairly dull, the patterns are small and they move around 'on the fabric' everything sits on. And they all move together. That said I normally have a type of 'static' which is most pronounced in the dark, so it's like that static is transformed. Does that make any sense?

I also get anxiety somewhat similar to what I experienced on that bad mushroom trip. It's the reason I don't smoke the herb any more. I just get very uneasy feeling Sad

Either way, something changed between when I was younger, could smoke bowl after bowl and go to class, be social and have no issues. To now, where I can't be social after a couple hits off one joint and get minor closed and open eyed patterning Shocked

- Astraloger
When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind, beautiful.

GingerGeorge
#17 Posted : 11/30/2015 12:43:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have recently bought a bong and have had some incredibly intense trips on cannabis alone, I was unable to drive safely once on it (I would liken them to a mescaline trip but with more confusion), this has happened twice but when I smoke the same weed in another form I do not get the effects.

One of the times was in the afternoon and I went back to my room and started talking to my friend who I had smoked with who wasn't there, only when I closed my eyes.

At the time I was worried it was psychosis or something!
Have a good day!

DoingKermit
#18 Posted : 11/30/2015 8:46:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:

Agreed! Smile

JohnIce2
#19 Posted : 12/1/2015 5:58:49 AM

All posts are imaginary.

DoingKermit wrote:
null24 wrote:

Agreed! Smile

Hahha I third that!