We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
SWM Psychonaut seeks Long Slender Leaves :P Options

Horizon_Bloom
#1 Posted : 11/30/2015 1:49:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Nexus!

I've been meaning to register an account for about a month now, but I keep forgetting that enrollment is only on the weekends, usually until about mid Monday, ha...

Well, I remembered this weekend, so here I am.

I've been lurking this site for a few years, and it's usually my go-to for tek questions I've come across. At this point, I haven't done anything more complicated than crude extractions of mostly uninteresting, or moderately common alkaloids. When I've been here a while longer, I might have something interesting to say about those alks.

Currently, I have some Phalaris seed on the way. It seemed like the most innocuous plant to explore the spice route with, so that's probably where most of my interest is going to be focused over the next howeverlong. Anyone with experience growing/breeding the phalaris arundinacea species, I would be grateful for any links or advice you have. My main concern, since I'll be growing from seed, will be determining the presence of gramine. If anyone has any links/advice on this, I would be equally appreciative.

In the meantime, I'll continue the search for that info on my own.

Glad to be aboard!
My eyes shut tight to avoid the sight
Anticipating the end, losing the will to fight
Droplets of "yes" and "no"
In an ocean of "maybe"

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Continuum
#2 Posted : 11/30/2015 12:31:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Horizon,

Phalaris is easy peasy to grow. Lots of water, cut when bluish.

I don't have any info on determinging the presence of gramine other than TLC or something similar, but do suggest you get rhizomes of a known clone, like Big Medicine or the phalaris aquatica clone who's name is escaping me now. You might look into Share the Seeds. Pretty sure you could get either or both clones no problem.

Welcome to the Nexus! Very cool you're into growing your own.

Peace,
Continuum

Forge a Path with Heart <3

Horizon_Bloom
#3 Posted : 12/3/2015 6:53:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was looking around for them before I ordered, Big Medicine and Red Yugo were the phenos I was looking for, but all vendors were out of stock.

I'll check out that link, though, thanks!

As for growing my own, I come from stock of Algonquin/Iriquois Native American and backwoods alchemists. The growing process, for me, is a big part of the teaching/learning curve between whatever plant and myself. I recently made friends with an 18" Pachanoi cutting. She's in my room, at the moment, because of frost where I live, so we have been sharing our breakfast together for a while.

My eyes shut tight to avoid the sight
Anticipating the end, losing the will to fight
Droplets of "yes" and "no"
In an ocean of "maybe"