We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Having some issue please help Options

finding0
#1 Posted : 11/29/2015 10:08:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok so had 5 grams of fairly pure dmt freebase. I wanted to clean it up to get pure white. So I did the back salting process but used to much water and vinegar. I countered it by adding more lye. When I did my pull the naptha went very cloudy but when precipitated it did not really form crystal and was an off yellowish. It hen turned to goo. I understand this is an issue with acrb from fat and other alkaloids but my crystal was already pretty pure so where would that come from? is it possible that i did not get the ph high enough and am pulling acetate.I know acetate is not supposed to be soluble in naptha but is there a chance to pull small amounts. Im really scratching my head on how to fix this and I am feeling really sad about possibly waiting 5grams when it was already decent product.
*Any time The word "I" is used by this account it is referring to a fictional character *

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 11/30/2015 9:55:38 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
When I did my pull the naptha went very cloudy

How many pulls did you do? Typically, three is an absolute minimum. Five is better, using a smaller amount of NPS per pull.
And how pure is your vinegar? Some brands seem to contain weird goo.

Perhaps look into using fumaric acid, or citric acid, even.

Worst case scenario, evaporate all solvents and start again.
(Research suggests a yellow polymorph of DMT exists.)

Quote:
I am feeling really sad about possibly waiting 5grams when it was already decent product.

Not to worry, at least you still have the material in some form or other. Way back when, I lost 5 grams from a zipped pocket. My, how I laughed! It was a totally rocking night out anyhow and I only noticed it had gone when it was morning.
Only users lose drugs Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli