We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Coming off suboxone Options

SpartanII
#41 Posted : 11/29/2015 7:25:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UgraKarma wrote:
DMT is partly responsible for my decision to abandon short-acting opiates (mostly heroin and PPT,)

If you're referring to poppy pod tea, surely you know it is a looooong acting opiate mixture. Unless you consider 8-16 hours short.Wink

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

null24
#42 Posted : 11/29/2015 8:58:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

SpartanII wrote:
UgraKarma wrote:
DMT is partly responsible for my decision to abandon short-acting opiates (mostly heroin and PPT,)

If you're referring to poppy pod tea, surely you know it is a looooong acting opiate mixture. Unless you consider 8-16 hours short.Wink

Compared to methadone or suboxone, that is short.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

SpartanII
#43 Posted : 11/29/2015 9:20:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
SpartanII wrote:
UgraKarma wrote:

Compared to methadone or suboxone, that is short.

Well I guess it depends what you compare it to then.Laughing

Compared to most opiates/opioids that last 4-6 hours, poppy tea is generally considered long-acting, with residual effects lasting up to 24 hours and withdrawals not starting until around 48 hours after ingestion.

I've been on methadone maintenance treatment (50 mg/day) and went through years of addiction to poppy tea and IME, the two are very similar in effect and duration, although poppy tea tends to be more euphoric.

null24
#44 Posted : 12/2/2015 12:58:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Damn, I had no idea. That is a pretty long 1/2 life, yes. I've never known anyone with real experience with them.

I thought about experimenting with them post methadone, and decided it would just prolong the agony, so work a little with kratom instead. I kind of feel the same about kratom really though.

*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

BundleflowerPower
#45 Posted : 12/14/2015 12:08:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

UgraKarma wrote:
DMT is partly responsible for my decision to abandon short-acting opiates (mostly heroin and PPT,) altogether. I am now on Suboxone maintenance, and am seeking to terminate this crutch in the short-term future.

I'll be traveling to Cancun for an iboga treatment in January after weening myself off suboxone with SAO's for a few weeks (sounds counterintuitive, doesn't it?) I have a great deal of faith in the help that it can do via accounts I've read, and the trip to Cancun puts me in a situation where I'm not able to easily relapse should the pangs of withdrawal prove nightmarish.

But at the end of the day, psychedelics give me the insight to stop poisoning my body with chronic opiate abuse - now it's time to rip off the Band-Aid. Reading this thread gives me a lot of hope... despite the fact that we're approaching the same obstacle via different means, it's comforting to know that others have gone through this and lived to tell the tale.

I was going to do iboga as well, until a friend suggested simply quitting suboxone by intending it, and it worked. that me had me thinking quite a bit about intention. Since I quit the subs I've been shedding layers of my subconscious mind. But there's this persistent voice that's negative, it hates the plants, it says everything is darkness, tells me not to intention anything and by no means mention intention to anyone lol. Idk maybe it's some sort of teacher, teaching to do the opposite of what it says. Maybe it's just ego. I hope you don't think I'm nuts now lol.

null24
#46 Posted : 12/14/2015 3:04:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
I was going to do iboga as well, until a friend suggested simply quitting suboxone by intending it, and it worked. that me had me thinking quite a bit about intention. Since I quit the subs I've been shedding layers of my subconscious mind. But there's this persistent voice that's negative, it hates the plants, it says everything is darkness, tells me not to intention anything and by no means mention intention to anyone lol. Idk maybe it's some sort of teacher, teaching to do the opposite of what it says. Maybe it's just ego. I hope you don't think I'm nuts now lol.

I know that for me, that voice that speaks of nothing good and that makes options that include suffering seem worthy and even valuable is doubt. Self-doubt, distrust, doubts of success, existential doubt- doubts of everything. Sometimes a stream of nonsensical irrational what if's, and each time I shoot one down with reason with an internal dialogue, another is thrust into the way. It is the same voice that reads this script that is the one that taught me that being self-serving in the name of feeling good is the way in which I should live. You're right it is a teacher but it teaches nothing good.

For a very long time I was self-serving, and it's only been recently that I have discovered that truly being good to me and truly approaching happiness is only achieved through being in service to others. It's been a very difficult journey for me to put it into practice in that it's taking a complete and total change of lifestyle, way of thinking and the way I just simply interact with the world. It's not something forced, it's just something that begin happening after I was initiated into this whole DMT thing. But runs up against this voice of self-doubt again and again, obviously.

It's only been recently, with events in reality opening up the wound behind the PTSD that created this voice and through the use of psilocybin in particular afterward that I was able to peer into the open wounds and investigate this scared person within who voiced all of this doubt. The psychedelic experience has been intrinsic and extremely valuable in my journey into becoming a non-dependent person, but neither have I been able to access ibogaine. I think it would be a very valuable a once I've done a lot of the major work myself to really sort of put an end to that whole chapter. Of course I never look at any substances as any type of magic pill, but from the research I have done about it, I think iboga would be very effective if I could apply it specifically to certain complexes that have caused a lot of damage in my life in order to move past them once and for all.

In the meantime it's been my experience that the most effective way to combat that voice that beckons into the darkness is by drowning it out with other noise. Through doing non-intellectual work – read: manual work – or having conversation with a stranger, hiking or exercise; things like that have been very helpful for me. And of course good diet and keeping yourself in physical shape is extremely important, I don't know if you're a junkie like me but often I would simply be hungry and attribute it to being dope sick.

Be good to you man, it's tough and I could throw a bunch of platitudes and tell you it's all going to get better etc etc. but maybe it's best to think that it's just going to be crap for a while. I have experienced in the past when I've done this as a much younger person, that that actually is the case and one night I'll go to bed and realize that the restless leg syndrome isnt there and that the nest of snakes inside my head has stopped hissing and that yes things got better.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

BundleflowerPower
#47 Posted : 12/15/2015 12:43:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So you can relate.

Man, physically, I feel better than ever. I can feel people's energies, I can feel the plants energies as well. My chakras are opening up and I feel more love than I've ever felt. So it's not just that negative voice, which btw seems to have let up since I've talked about it.

null24
#48 Posted : 12/15/2015 1:34:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Right on, good to hear it's better. I think there's real value in telling each other our stories and relating progress.

It's funny, right after I got of the 'done, things started happening, I got a place of my own after 4 years of homelessness, found work that's enjoyable and have continued solidifying a foundation through a local community of entheogenic exploration researchers ( -;-) ). As a result of these things. I started experiencing sustained happiness. I'm used to bursts of happy, I've learned through my homeless experience how to be fulfilled with my life even if not at all satisfied, but a prolonged happy spell that is not spurred on by some event or circumstance is novel to me.

The novelty of it almost made me feel something was wrong. I have a good tek to stop perseverant negative thoughts that contribute to insomnia, but had difficulty stopping the flow of hood ones-opportunities, ideas, and positively charged thoughts began cascading thru my head and I'd lie awake in excitement.

It's still a struggle nonetheless. I have difficulty determining what's what. Are my symptoms PAWS, underlying illnesses that I've medicated and therefore not noticed before, or is the pain just normal and I forgot what normal is? Like I said, I'm one if those junkies that thinks he's in withdrawal when he's just hungry. The insomnia was getting bad but is better, and I get RLS and have a few other discomforts I think are direct consequence of my drug use- or cessation of.

Anyway, there's a few of us here on the nexus, people who have found success in living free of opiate dependency that we achieved in part through the practical use if psychedelics. There's not a lot of support for us out in the real world, it's good to be here and to see others doing the same thing as me and being successful and sharing stories.

I feel that also for me personally, documenting my story using the level of anonymity the web provides to do so openly and honestly, without real concern for vulnerability, places on myself a certain level of accountability. There's folks lurking here who may read your story and that may be the inspiration they choose to begin healing. If there's little support in the real world for our paths as practical trippers, and it works for us as well as it does- succeeding where all else failed in life or death matters- then our stories will become points of light to guide future policy.

I know that sounds grandiose and I don't mean that to imply that these little posts will catalyze enduring social change and usher in a new age of reason and cognitive liberty, but maybe , just maybe people who struggle read us and decide to engage themselves in an entheogenic practice, become healed and then they speak, and someone listens to them, until our whispers of dozens of souls become a giant roar of millions, and the collective voice then changes policy and new modalities are put in place.

"You may say I'm a dreamer...
But I'm not the only one..."
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

BundleflowerPower
#49 Posted : 12/16/2015 11:03:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:

I know that sounds grandiose and I don't mean that to imply that these little posts will catalyze enduring social change and usher in a new age of reason and cognitive liberty, but maybe , just maybe people who struggle read us and decide to engage themselves in an entheogenic practice, become healed and then they speak, and someone listens to them, until our whispers of dozens of souls become a giant roar of millions, and the collective voice then changes policy and new modalities are put in place.

"You may say I'm a dreamer...
But I'm not the only one..."

Actually, that the best thing I've read in quite a while. I think it's possible

PREV123