We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Just me or does this place seem inactive? Options

Al-Wasi
#1 Posted : 11/23/2015 9:09:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe I'm crazy but lately seems most people are no longer coming here or they don't post like they used to.

Seems there's only a few posts a day I notice as where it used to be highly active.

Anyone else notice this
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Psilosopher?
#2 Posted : 11/23/2015 9:17:22 PM

Don't Panic

Sometimes even the chaotic nature of the universe can slow down to a halt. It is only natural that people will be doing their own thing, and this forum inactivity may just coincide with other people's cycles.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Nathanial.Dread
#3 Posted : 11/23/2015 9:25:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It generally comes in waves, I've found. Periods of high activity and low activity alternate.

As you spend more time here, you'll find that the conversations get sort of repetitive (extraction help, trip reports, philosophical ramblings, etc), and I think people sort of wash out after a while.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

endlessness
#4 Posted : 11/23/2015 9:38:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Speaking for myself, I've been extremely busy lately... But in a couple of weeks I'll be back with more posts Smile

And yes, it definitely goes in cycles, dont worry, Nexus is alive and well Smile

pinkoyd
#5 Posted : 11/23/2015 9:44:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

Every forum I've ever been on sooner or later has a thread just like this. Yes it's absolutely normal for participation to wax and wane over time.
I already asked Alice.

anne halonium
#6 Posted : 11/23/2015 9:55:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i post when needed.......

due to my highly controversial and complex life,
i limit the best of it.

kids, dont try anything i do routinely at home..........
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

Spiralout
#7 Posted : 11/24/2015 2:12:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

waxing and waning is normal in.... just about anything

alive and well..... whatever well means. whatever alive means? yarrr

universecannon
#8 Posted : 11/24/2015 2:19:13 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

There is always a slow recovery period after the seasonal pineal harvest

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

RAM
#9 Posted : 11/24/2015 2:43:59 AM

Hail the keys!

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
As you spend more time here, you'll find that the conversations get sort of repetitive (extraction help, trip reports, philosophical ramblings, etc), and I think people sort of wash out after a while.

This happened to me on r/psychonaut, which is what originally prompted me to move to the Nexus. However, I have found my forum home here; I participate in no other forums really and value the content here very highly.

However, sometimes I do not feel like it is appropriate to post. I am not the type who has to have an opinion about everything. Also my interests mainly lie in philosophy and the intersection of psychedelics and technology, so I have little to say about things like extractions and plants. I think this is similar to a good portion of members here, in that they have certain interests and do not frequently post about other things.

If you scroll to the bottom of the homepage you can check out the number of active users right now. It says 98 as I'm typing this which is definitely a lot, even compared to the all-time high of 366. But does this data really matter? I would think most of us prefer quality over quantity here any day.

You can find endless trip reports, opinions, rants, etc. in tons of places on the web, but it's not as easy to find legitimate, psychedelic philosophy and extremely rational drug users discussing these experiences in a quasi-academic setting. The Nexus is a really unique and special place, and it manages to continuously attract intelligent people, so I would not worry about a perceived dip in activity.
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

null24
#10 Posted : 11/24/2015 2:40:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

All I know is that's it's almost December. I for one am in my winter torpor state.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Talkswithtrees
#11 Posted : 11/24/2015 2:52:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think its just because of the holidays ppl are busy they have more to do and have less free time. I wouldnt worry Im sure things will get more active very soon. Happy holidays. Smile

NotTwo
#12 Posted : 11/24/2015 3:08:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think probably the universe is slowing down and as the Nexus is at the spearhead of conscious life on this planet it's noticeable first on this forum.

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

null24
#13 Posted : 11/24/2015 3:16:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

NotTwo wrote:
I think probably the universe is slowing down and as the Nexus is at the spearhead of conscious life on this planet it's noticeable first on this forum.

Obviously!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

steppa
#14 Posted : 11/24/2015 3:27:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anne halonium wrote:

due to my highly controversial and complex life,
i limit the best of it.

A pitty ...imho.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Nitegazer
#15 Posted : 11/24/2015 3:49:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe things slowed down because DMT lost its appeal--

Spice has lost its shine among the 'whoa dude, I'm tripping balls' college set
EDM is so oughts
The Mayan calendar is over (maybe the world's over too)
RCs are where it's at
No harmonic convergences any time soon
The Ayahuasca tourism market has been saturated

If that's the case, than YAAAY! Big grin

anne halonium
#16 Posted : 11/24/2015 9:23:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

were all cool.

the place is better off with quality thoughtful posts anyway.
as time passes we will be glad peeps post with thought,
rather than just fill. like some un named forums..........
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

oetzi13
#17 Posted : 11/25/2015 3:17:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nothing wrong with having a slow-er season!
Gives me time to catch up with older posts..
I take quality over quantity any day.
Like others folks here, I skip over the high traffic forums, as they are mostly full of crap...

Just don't

Global
#18 Posted : 11/26/2015 8:09:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

endlessness wrote:
Speaking for myself, I've been extremely busy lately... But in a couple of weeks I'll be back with more posts Smile

And yes, it definitely goes in cycles, dont worry, Nexus is alive and well Smile

I second everything he said.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Praxis.
#19 Posted : 11/26/2015 10:05:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Like others have said, activity seems to come and go in waves. I've also been super busy the past few months and haven't had the opportunity to post much, but I've been making slow progress on a few projects related to the Nexus--so once things slow down a bit for me I hope to get back into the swing of things.

It seems like things around here usually slow down right as Fall comes 'round, and it stays slow through the Holidays. I have a sneaking suspicion that more than a few Nexians are involved with trim-work on the West Coast, which would explain why it gets so quiet around these parts this time of year.
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

spacexplorer
#20 Posted : 12/2/2015 8:58:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you push the limits on here, you will be banned or ostracized. Therefore there is less "pushing the limits" and the only "pushing the limits" occurs within certain boundaries. Therefore the current material gets old and stagnant and people eventually get tired or bored of it and quit. Make no mistake this forum has an agenda to be perceived by the mainstream community as a group of responsible spiritual drug takers and they wouldn't risk tarnishing their reputation in any way. They don't seem to be about challenging the norm, but rather accepting it and hopefully legalizing a few choice substances.

Anyway that's just what it looks like to me Cool

12NEXT