We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678910NEXT»
Extracting DMT with ethanol, vinegar and sodium carbonate Options

Doc Buxin
#141 Posted : 8/27/2015 8:14:53 PM

Pay No Mind

concombres wrote:
Were you able to break through with a reasonable amount? (Ex. 40-50mg)

Yes, in fact, it was much more potent than I orignially assumed it would be!Shocked

The first bio-assay was performed when I could see/feel that all the crystal shards & red/brown goop was very dry.

I loaded up what looked to be about 40-50 mg thinking that it wouldn't be too potent...

The first one to two hits were mild, no breakthrough; just that familiar tryptamine high & body load; swirling geometric patterns all around our back yard. I thought, "this is nice, not too potent just like I figured".

Then I hit it again, but this time I felt/heard the goop bubbling, ending up with a massive hit in my lungs...I instantly knew that this was it; here we go again, I'm breaking through into the hyperspatial realms once more!!!

And, oh boy, was it a ride!

First it was what I call the fractal medicine people, who I actually hadn't seen for quite a while...They had been absent in my last several (perhaps 10 or so) breakthroughs...They always welcome me in this weird way by shoving more than imaginable amounts of "information" into my mind. I never quite know what to make of these moments, but it's happened to me so many times now that I just roll with it because I know that in a minute or so it will end & I will be catapulted into some crazy hyperspace realm and/or realms.

And then....

I was shot into The Void for the first time on DMT.

Ah that peaceful feeling of being everything & nothing at once. Of being nobody & everybody simultaneously...Of knowing everything & nothing paradoxically...

This was not at my first time entering The Void; The unspeakable; The Alpha/Omega; I had reached it a handful of times before in this lifetime with LSD & Psilocybe cubensis...

But this was the first time I'd ever been dissolved into The Void on DMT.

Eternity...

Before I knew it, I was back into what I call the "ballroom", where various entities dance a very dignified dance...I have been there quite a few times during my hyperspatial travels...

Then I could feel the tryptamines starting to wear off; the usual tearing & yawning began to come on...My usual post-hyperspace grin & feelings of deep gratitude.

I laughed out loud & thanked "them" as I always do, out loud, "thank you guys!!!! Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate you all being there & doing whatever it is you do for me!!! Thank you!!! Love you!!!"

And with that I was back to baseline & thinking, "wow! cool! I've got some seriously potent spice here that I extracted myself with just sodium carb, vinegar & 99% IPA! What a wonderous thing!!"Big grin
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#142 Posted : 8/27/2015 8:33:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm very happy to hear of all the results!

Thank you very much for sharing, and for experimenting and taking this further! Smile

xa
#143 Posted : 8/28/2015 11:04:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

I have some question on this tek, that i like, it's simple and eco.

Can be better add an acidification step after powder the material ? like q21q21

And a defat with a vegetable oil after ?
Or add a defat with vegetable oil after the first pull/filter/evaporate/acidification ?
Can this give a more clean product ?

Or add a carbonate wash at the end ?

Then, when one do the last pulls how can be totally sure to get rid of sodium carbonate or lime ? decant and filter ? freeze ? i find this step difficult and i think that in my test i have some residue of base inside, little but there're.

Bye :-)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

concombres
#144 Posted : 8/29/2015 1:27:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Doc Buxin wrote:
concombres wrote:

Yes, in fact, it was much more potent than I orignially assumed it would be!Shocked

The first bio-assay was performed when I could see/feel that all the crystal shards & red/brown goop was very dry.

I loaded up what looked to be about 40-50 mg thinking that it wouldn't be too potent...

The first one to two hits were mild, no breakthrough; just that familiar tryptamine high & body load; swirling geometric patterns all around our back yard. I thought, "this is nice, not too potent just like I figured".

Then I hit it again, but this time I felt/heard the goop bubbling, ending up with a massive hit in my lungs...I instantly knew that this was it; here we go again, I'm breaking through into the hyperspatial realms once more!!!

First it was what I call the fractal medicine people, who I actually hadn't seen for quite a while...They had been absent in my last several (perhaps 10 or so) breakthroughs...They always welcome me in this weird way by shoving more than imaginable amounts of "information" into my mind. I never quite know what to make of these moments, but it's happened to me so many times now that I just roll with it because I know that in a minute or so it will end & I will be catapulted into some crazy hyperspace realm and/or realms.

And then....

Ah that peaceful feeling of being everything & nothing at once. Of being nobody & everybody simultaneously...Of knowing everything & nothing paradoxically...

This was not at my first time entering The Void; The unspeakable; The Alpha/Omega; I had reached it a handful of times before in this lifetime with LSD & Psilocybe cubensis...

Eternity...

Before I knew it, I was back into what I call the "ballroom", where various entities dance a very dignified dance...I have been there quite a few times during my hyperspatial travels...

Then I could feel the tryptamines starting to wear off; the usual tearing & yawning began to come on...My usual post-hyperspace grin & feelings of deep gratitude.

I laughed out loud & thanked "them" as I always do, out loud, "thank you guys!!!! Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate you all being there & doing whatever it is you do for me!!! Thank you!!! Love you!!!"

And with that I was back to baseline & thinking, "wow! cool! I've got some seriously potent spice here that I extracted myself with just sodium carb, vinegar & 99% IPA! What a wonderous thing!!"Big grin

This is very nice to read doc.
Considering the yeild from naphtha pulls on my goo were very promising I think further experimentation is needed.

I think my next move will be extracting from what bark I have left via cybs tek since I know it will yeild everything the bark has to offer & using that as a control to determine how potent the bark I have is.
After that a second extraction on the same batch with calcium hydroxide & dry IPA will be done & naphtha pulls done on goo dissolved in vinegar & based with sodium carbonate to determine if this method thouroughly exhausts bark of DMT content.

If it does pull everything or close to it, this will be my go to extraction method from here on minus the naphtha pulls Big grin

Doc Buxin
#145 Posted : 8/29/2015 9:14:41 PM

Pay No Mind

concombres wrote:
Doc Buxin wrote:
concombres wrote:

And then....

Eternity...

This is very nice to read doc.
Considering the yeild from naphtha pulls on my goo were very promising I think further experimentation is needed.

I think my next move will be extracting from what bark I have left via cybs tek since I know it will yeild everything the bark has to offer & using that as a control to determine how potent the bark I have is.
After that a second extraction on the same batch with calcium hydroxide & dry IPA will be done & naphtha pulls done on goo dissolved in vinegar & based with sodium carbonate to determine if this method thouroughly exhausts bark of DMT content.

If it does pull everything or close to it, this will be my go to extraction method from here on minus the naphtha pulls Big grin

I wish you the very best of luck (and skill)!!!

I finally realized that my first attempt at this tek was not yielding what I expected, not due to any fault of the tek nor any fault of me not following the tek's protocol correctly; it was, in fact, due to poor starting material!

Once I got my hands on some good quality material that's all it took!

Peace.
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

keleblin
#146 Posted : 9/2/2015 11:50:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm back. Again. Good to see this thread is still going strong. Very happy

I've got 100g of ACRB and ~100g of Rue coming in soon, and I'm thinking it's time I try this TEK again.

Strigiform
#147 Posted : 9/3/2015 2:40:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Doc Buxin wrote:

That is cool! I wonder how well this process would work for extracting from Phalaris...

keleblin
#148 Posted : 9/3/2015 6:49:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Strigiform wrote:
Doc Buxin wrote:

That is cool! I wonder how well this process would work for extracting from Phalaris...

It would likely work, but to quote Endlessness from page 1

endlessness wrote:

And also, gramine and hordenine, according to merck index, are very soluble in ethanol, and we can suppose other alkaloids such as potentially toxic gramine alkaloids will too... For phalaris extraction I would use room temperature limonene as a solvent, such as in BLAB/Q21/Amorfati teks... Or naphtha if you dont mind using that

Gramine really isn't something you would want to smoke.

xa
#149 Posted : 9/15/2015 5:53:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
I follow this tek with 50gr ACRB but with acetone, 5 pulls the firsts and the last with 50 ml each (like a cyb tek but more longer in time) and many time to dry evaporate etc etc, at the end i try one wash with water, the goo stay in the bottom but i stopped because i don't know if i could wash the goo in this way.

And this is the result, i evaporate a little on a paper tovel and smell very good :-)
It's abpuot 1 gram.

EDIT: i forgot, the other different thing i do it's acidify with winegar, make a paste and let dry the raw naterial before the base stage.
And i use lime for the base.
xa attached the following image(s):
IMG_8376.JPG (1,762kb) downloaded 700 time(s).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

xa
#150 Posted : 10/20/2015 8:08:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
How can be refined the spice from this tek ?
There's a way to have a more pure spice (not necessary xtals) using limited and non toxic and easy avaible things ?

Repeat the route of dissolve in winegar evaporate base and repull it's enought ?

Sorry for this noob questions but i love this tek and i don't think that i'm able to made good experiment or test, i will try, but my experience and knowledge it's very little for now :-)

endlessness
#151 Posted : 11/15/2015 8:41:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well yeah repeating the process by redissolving, filtering, rebasing, re-extracting etc will definitely help clean it up. We still dont have precise numbers on purity but seems some people have had success as posted in this thread. Give it a go and let us know how it went Smile

Worse case scenario the product can always be recrystallized with a more standard extraction solvent if desired.

Good luck!

xa
#152 Posted : 11/18/2015 7:06:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks,
Now i make another acid/filter/base cycle on the result in the post before, but this time i use citric acid.

And i started another extraction on 50 gr ACRB, with a freeze/thaw X3, now i'm boiling the bark with water and citric acid (PH about 3/4), then i have to decide if made the 3 boils/filter/reduce before basify and use the gunk for extraction or made one long boil, reduce and keep the solid for the exctracion, what is the best to do ?

I would like to use lime for base and acetone for pulls and citric acid (i think that maybe don't form the gunk as in my previous extraction)

Another thing, can i defat after the boiling with vegetable oil ? can result a more clean product or is tottaly unusefull ?

EDIT: give it a try and let you know, i would like it but i'm still in the fear to try stage after some test...i continue to extract and put my result in different jar with description and wait.....something, fearless or i don't know....when i decide to try for real the spice i think i have many and many experiment to test :-) :-) but for now i i'm still too afraid.

ManicMongrel
#153 Posted : 11/25/2015 12:59:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have tried a variation of this tek 3-4 times now and it gives reliable yields from acacia confusa. I haven't read the whole thread and I apologize if most of this has been covered already, in that case hopefully it will add some value as confirmation for heptane and turpentine as useful materials.

I used the following materials:

A. Confusa bark, (coarsely shredded)
Bio-ethanol, fuel grade for indoor heaters (90-95% ethanol, 5-10% heavier alcohols)
Hydrochloric acid or vinegar
Sodium hydroxide
Turpentine (pine based)
Naptha (white spirit)
Heptane (purified fuel for outdoors burner)
Tablesalt
acetone

Alternaltive solvents:
Diethyl-ether

Observations:

- Bioethanol seem to dissolve all forms of dmt/nmt more or less indiscriminately.
- Turpentine works miraculously well for washing out fats, phenolics and other gunk from acidified crude-extract.
- Small amounts of naptha is needed to remove residual turpentine from the acidified crude-extract.
- Both DMT and NMT has significantly higher affinity for heptane than naptha.
- Heptane has lower viscosity than naptha, this makes both dmt and nmt phase out and form crystals faster in cold heptane than in naptha. In effect this means that at least 3 pulls can be done each day.
- Diethyl-ether has excellent affinity for both DMT and NMT, evaporation of solvent is very fast and gives very low degradation even with forced convection.
- Turpentine has good affinity for dmt and decent for nmt, adding acetone saturated with fumaric acid works well for phasing out fumarates of both. Acetone can be washed out of the turpentine with water, before recycling.
- Residual heptane and acetone can be removed with a vacuum container, I used one of those boxes that can used with vacuum packing compressors.
- Save solvent by splitting your bark into at least three portions, then do a cascade transfer of solvent where each portion of bark is soaked at least three times and the solvent is gradually saturated as it starts with the nearly clean bark and ends with fresh.

"Oh shit"-observations:
- Adding salt to acidified crude extract can make phenolics phase out, polymerize and soak up naphtha, this also resulted in a brutal reduction of my yield.
ManicMongrel attached the following image(s):
extraction_leaching_bark_scaled.jpg (39kb) downloaded 519 time(s).

xa
#154 Posted : 11/25/2015 3:31:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ManicMongrel, i think that theese modification on this tek are too noxius for the purpose to extract dmt with ethanol, winegar and sodium carbonate, an eco tek, maybe i'm wrong but naphta, heptane etc etc...are not so eco friendly.

But turpentine ? you use to defat ? i think, after acid boils and reduce can be used to defat ? and give a more clean end product ?

I have it now i basify with sodium my 4 acid boil fully evaporated, now i'm going to do my 3 or more pull with acetone, after i have to redissolve with acid then maybe i can try to defat whit turpentine before basify again...you think i can try it ? or then i risk to contaminate something ?

ManicMongrel
#155 Posted : 11/25/2015 8:12:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

xa wrote:
ManicMongrel, i think that theese modification on this tek are too noxius for the purpose to extract dmt with ethanol, winegar and sodium carbonate, an eco tek, maybe i'm wrong but naphta, heptane etc etc...are not so eco friendly.

But turpentine ? you use to defat ? i think, after acid boils and reduce can be used to defat ? and give a more clean end product ?

I have it now i basify with sodium my 4 acid boil fully evaporated, now i'm going to do my 3 or more pull with acetone, after i have to redissolve with acid then maybe i can try to defat whit turpentine before basify again...you think i can try it ? or then i risk to contaminate something ?

You could argue that naptha and heptane aren't the kind of stuff you flush down the toilet or dump outside, but they are nowhere near as toxic as aromatics. You can swap naptha for sunflower oil to wash out the turpentine. One positive thing about heptane is that its very easy to recycle and you only need 200ml for a hell lot of extraction cycles.

Sodium carbonate, sodium hydroxide, ethanol and turpentine all take a lot of energy to make, especially distilling ethanol. So it's tricky to extract without spending too much energy.

Turpentine is extracted from pine sap, it's hydrophobic and it dissolves waxes, fatty acids and some phenolics. You need to wash out the residual turpentine with a nonpolar solvent though, it has a boiling point of 130⁰C so it wont dry out from your end product.

If you made crude extract with acid boils you probably have less fatty stuff in there than if you used ethanol. I wouldn't use turpentine unless you have a nonpolar solvent to remove the turpentine smell afterwards. In any case I would start by taking a sample of crude extract then test if defatting with turpentine work well enough to be worth it, before moving onto the bulk of the crude extract. If the sample gets cleaner without smelling pine afterwards it might be worth the extra work.

xa
#156 Posted : 11/25/2015 9:48:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

modern
#157 Posted : 1/30/2016 12:41:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

xa wrote:
Hi, i would like to try this tek, i'm not expert, someone can tell me if this route it's ok and answer some questions ?

Powder bark: i want to use 50 gr ACRB
Mix with base, add water, make a paste, dry: can i use lime, how much ? (i think 1:1)
X3 pull with ethanol, filter, evaporate: can i use acetone ? and how much ?

Redissolve in warm winegar, filter: how much winegar i have to make a paste or it's liquid ? can i add a defat with vegetable oil here ?

xa I'm not sure if you attempted this already but I'll be doing this with my first attempt but in different method.

I'll be chopping up 50 grams of ACRB and doing a few water/vinigar boils; filtering each batch. Reducing it to around 200-300 mL and adding some vegetable oil to attempt to defat the acidic solution. After this I'll filter again to try and capture any left over oil and basing with excess Calcium Hydroxide and drying it. After dry I'll do 3+ pulls with 91% iso and collecting in a jar. (I'll be placing it in the freezer for a week to see if anything precipitates although am told nothing will) If nothing falls out I'll put it in a dish and evap. Will post my results.

modern
#158 Posted : 2/7/2016 7:23:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I did 5x boil with vinegar and water to pull from bark filtering with a shirt and squeezing hard. Reduced too around 300 mL and added 100mL soybean oil to defat. Shock violently and caused an emulsion. Filtered heavily and broke emulsion and removed powdered remains of the bark(didn't collect water from oil jar). Reduced the brew to around 150 mL and added excess Calcium hydroxide. Rather then waiting to dry the paste I kept adding lime until it became a crumble. BIG MISTAKE. The volume of the dry mix grew to much and caused me to use excessive 91% iso to pull and became a pain to filter and get the alcohol from the lime mix. Required a large amount of filtering (multiple 5 layer coffee filer) to recover the alcohol from the lime resulting in losing alcohol to filter. A small amount of lime remained in the alcohol due to squeezing the filter to reduce alcohol lose. After a week of air evaporating the large volume I ended up double boiler drying the rest.

As the alcohol evaporated a white powder remained and new the end where the water with lime pooled, small mounds formed. No goo or oily result and only a powder. The mounds did clump slightly. Final weight was over 4% so there is lime contamination but not as excessive as past reports of 10% return. However I was only able to do 2 pulls due to error when making dry mix.

What is the best way to clean up the lime? Redissolve in ISO and filter without squeezing?

Still required testing the material to see activity. The smell to me is similar to flour and not so much plastic but IDK.

modern attached the following image(s):
20160207_123655.jpg (1,029kb) downloaded 430 time(s).
20160207_123910.jpg (908kb) downloaded 429 time(s).
20160207_123732.jpg (811kb) downloaded 431 time(s).
20160207_125818.jpg (1,223kb) downloaded 437 time(s).
20160207_130234.jpg (917kb) downloaded 430 time(s).
20160207_130336.jpg (927kb) downloaded 425 time(s).
20160207_130600.jpg (1,099kb) downloaded 429 time(s).

DreaMTripper
#159 Posted : 2/12/2016 9:14:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah powder well and redissolve in dry ISO and mix it thoroughly and rigorously then filter and leave it in the freezer for the excess lime to precipitate out. Then filter again and evaporate off the ISO.

skoobysnax
#160 Posted : 5/10/2016 8:45:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am trying this one again with 50g ACRB. 2X freeze thaws heating to boiling in the microwave first and between freezes. Added 100ml vinegar, heated one last time and added 45g lime after cooling. I am drying this mix under a fan and will pull with Everclear.
Clean-up stages will be done with Sodim Carbonate and 99% IPA.

My first go last year I got red/orange shards but just under 1G from 100g bark that I can get 2g using Cyb's ATB. I did no acid stage last time and I get better yields from smaller 50g runs. I absolutely loath working with lye and naptha so this time I will see if I can get closer to those yields with a little extra effort. Last years' made an amazing changa.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

«PREV678910NEXT»