We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Question regarding pulls during Q21Q21's The Fluffy White Funfest Options

Hiyo Quicksilver
#21 Posted : 11/23/2015 9:35:17 AM

just some guy

Talkswithtrees wrote:
I truly apologize if I got on your nerves Hiyo.

Not at all! I'm glad your questions have been answered! Thumbs up

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

stitch
#22 Posted : 11/23/2015 11:55:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello again guys!

Haven't had much time lately and was just sneaky peeking from my phone on the go.
All this time i was searching around the forums for info... This thread has it all in short.
I do have one last question:
My cousin's neighbour said he has dichloromethane, which I read from you Hiyo that is really good since it does not require heating up or making several pulls. At the moment my dog is using petroleum ether and was thinking if the whole process would be the same with DCM. I read that there might be a possibility to be with methanol in it which is ok because i will clean it with water.

So straight to the question: If my dog would to replace the solvent with DCM would the process be the same meaning to directly stick it to the freezer. (vape a bit of it before?) And what would be the end product- goo/xtals? Also it heard that it would need less of DCM to pull... Would be nice if you knew how much exactly. This is knowing that my dog uses a dry tek, he does not like getting wet Very happy .

Cheers guys,
Neverending peace and immortality Razz
The path is endless and fascinating, but those who know why they follow it, are never late.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#23 Posted : 11/23/2015 7:15:06 PM

just some guy

---To clarify some things first... DCM will pull your DMT, but it will also pull a lot more than that. In my opinion, it is best to use DMT only after a first pass with something like naptha, hexane or toulene to pull as much DMT as possible without undo secondary alks and oils.

-When using DCM or any solvent, more than one pull is always necessary. Please point out where I made that impression, and I will be sure to correct whatever I may have said which led to that mistake.

-I've never tried to freeze precipitate DMT from dichloromethane; I've always just let it evaporate and collected the result. Perhaps another member or the wiki have the information you need?

stitch
#24 Posted : 11/23/2015 8:13:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey again thanks for the fast reply!

No I probably said it wrong. I mean I saw you talking about DCM which I have not heard before, but i read in another topic about it pulling more alks like toluene. In other means "jungle spice"? I read in another topic that DCM is way more potent in pulling and does not require to be heated.

So the thing you suggest is to pull with DCM first and vape it ? Would this result in xtals or goo?
Or I should pull with DCM and then use naptha? I hope I am not asking stupid questions here I will continue my search on the net because my dog will not leave me alone Very happy.

Thank you again Hiyo and have a good night!
The path is endless and fascinating, but those who know why they follow it, are never late.

pitubo
#25 Posted : 11/24/2015 1:33:01 AM

dysfunctional word machine

If your DCM may have methanol in it, is that because it is some kind of paint stripper? I wouldn't use any type of DCM other than laboratory grade DCM. Paint stripper should at least be tested for residues by test evaporating a bit on a clean glass dish.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#26 Posted : 11/25/2015 12:58:03 AM

just some guy

stitch wrote:
Hey again thanks for the fast reply!

No I probably said it wrong. I mean I saw you talking about DCM which I have not heard before, but i read in another topic about it pulling more alks like toluene. In other means "jungle spice"? I read in another topic that DCM is way more potent in pulling and does not require to be heated.

So the thing you suggest is to pull with DCM first and vape it ? Would this result in xtals or goo?
Or I should pull with DCM and then use naptha? I hope I am not asking stupid questions here I will continue my search on the net because my dog will not leave me alone Very happy.

Thank you again Hiyo and have a good night!

DCM pulls generally result in goo... I pull first with Hexane or Naptha, and then pull with DCM or methanol. DCM and methanol aren't really good for first pulls, as one can get much better results by using a narrow-spectrum solvent to obtain pure DMT.

DCM can also be warmed in a bowl of warm tap water, eliminating the need for slow-cookers or double boilers... And it evaporates fast, too!

DCM and methanol are great for getting the jungle spice or honeyspice (respectively) from your MHRB. I believe I linked an article to director of sound's post on the latter topic on the previous page, at the bottom of a long post. Smile

stitch
#27 Posted : 11/25/2015 7:50:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey again!

My dog just told me that he got his hands on a lab DCM which is 99.5% pure or smth.
Even then, I am still not concvinced to run this trick. I believe I will tell my dog to stick with the same tek. Thank you a lot for the info.

I will still try it one day for the sake of science! Razz

Peace out fellas and thank you again!

stitch
#28 Posted : 11/27/2015 4:23:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there fellow psychonauts!

I am writing here, due to the fact that I did not want to make a new topic about it.
My dog practised the extraction over the last few days. It has done it before, but was a bit a while ago so i think he might have forgotten some things.

I will try to cut the story as short as possible. 50g mimiosa

The bark is shredded not powedered, because it does not have the right tools ( last time it did it it was the same and was satisfied with the yields).
1.Charlie (my dog) made the bark into strips with a coffee grinder as much as it could.
2. Then put water in it and froze/thawed it 1-2 times ( it feels like a total idiot, he read it was supposed to be done after acid step.... anyways feel like want to mention that in case it is of importance)
3.After that put the vinegar/white 6 %/ around 50ml +/- 15. Then added hot water.Left it there for a bit in a hot bath. Then realised it was too watery and took of all the excess liquid. After that Charlie thought to put a bit more vinegar (30ml). ( I told him that he had screwed a bit but still wanted to continue)
4.Added lime around 4:4 since bark was stripped but used ratios for powdered bark. ( here comes main prob he used same ratios of liquids/vinegar,water/ so the consistency was a bit mushy even with more lime. Had to blowdry it to reach a crumbly consistency( might be a bit too dry, cant tell because i have not actually seen a right consistency with stripped bark and dont really remember how last time the magic happened)
5.tried pulling twice with room temp and no hot bath = nothing (1hr after reaching consistency)
6.Pulled with around 50ml ot nps. Now with proper hot bath and heated up nps. ( around 6-7 mins with mixing every min and a half).
7. Put int in freezers. after 10 hrs removed excess nps. Then came to take it out after 1-2 hrs. Immideately blowdried it (cold from distance). Charlie could see immideately 2-3 really amazing formed crystals but were small. He wondered what might have been the cause.
I suggested that most probably is the mix (if it is too dry?!). The pulling could have been done a bit slower meaning for longer time but he told me he was a bit in a rush.

Charlie thanks you in advance guys. He is wondering if he should start all-over. But he does not want to throw away this pristine diamond and thinks that you could help him in some way.

PREV12