We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New Techniques for Dabbing! Options

JohnIce2
#1 Posted : 11/25/2015 9:54:49 AM

All posts are imaginary.

So it's nothing particularly special but I have found 2 ways to do dabs without a blowtorch. Some of you may have allready discovered this but I am posting because most of the methods I saw involved straws and either hot knifes or tinfoil.

Method 1: "The Idea-L Bulb"
Take a light bulb and hollow it out. I would honestly just take a few broken (as in dead filament ) ones and hollow all of them so you have a little room to screw up. After the bulb is hollow and clean (if using one with a white coat swish water inside and get t all out before continuing) either file or break a small hole in the glass as small at you can get it. I used a Philips head screw driver set on the bulb where I wanted the break and then I hit it softly from above with a item of descent weight for this task (use common since, the glass is like a mm thick) until I got a small hole. From their sit as easy as putting your fav in the bottem, lighting with a normal lighter under the dab and inhaling slowly when smoke appears. Then when you can no longer take a hit cover the hole you made softly as to insure the glass doesn't break but enough that no smoke will get through. It may take a little practice to learn how to hit it right but most people with freebase pipe use knowledge shouldn't have a problem. The main reason for the hole in the top is to clear it faster and eliminate the need for a air intake outtake system (the two straws normally used in these types of homemade pipes) and it also provides a easier way to get the dab into the bulb.

Note on method 1: When creating the hole it is ideal to try to get rid of the areas where the glass cracks as heat will slowly make the cracks stretch across the bulb.

Method 2: For those of you with a Krangertech Subtank Mini
Take your tank with the 5G or 5J .5 Ohm 15-60W atomizer and fill with liquid of your choice. Then take the tip off of your tank and notice the small hole where it goes. Their is a little bit of space Inbetween where the tip sits and the metal starts under where the tip sits. Now take a paper clip and unfold it and run it down far enough to reach the cool of your atomizer or at least get close. Cut your paper clip a little bit below the level that sits right at the top of the top of the tank (without the tip on)
And then bend it a small ammount so that it catches on the ring around the small hole that leads to your coil. Now take that paper clip and put a smaller by of dabs on the tip (this method is for small descreet ammounts as you can do it in public and probably not get caught depending on how well your chosen flavor masks the dab smell) and then put the paper clip down the shaft of your tank so the tip rests in the cool are of your atomizer. Crank up the wattage to 40-50 and hit for about 5seconds and hold the resulting vapor. For me 2-4 generous hits vapes the dab and I get a noticeable dab Taste in my mouth as well as my chossen fluid.

Note method 2: Be sure the fluid you use has the right ratio of PG/VG to be ran at 40-50watts.

Anyways, let me know what you think. As I said not much and some others may have allready discoverd these methods. Thank you for your replies and sorry that you look like a tweaker when smoking dabs outa a light bulb.... It works hella good tho, a freind of mine tripped after hitting my lightbulb rig hard.
All posts are imaginary and are just examples for me to learn simple to advanced organic chemistry processes.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.