We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
please somebody help me. brain zaps Options

Sakkadelic
#1 Posted : 11/12/2015 4:48:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm having brain zaps and it's getting worse i can't move my head or my eyes without being zapped at first i didn't understand what was going but i just saw this and it's probably what is happening to me
http://mentalhealthdaily...trical-shock-sensations/
I don't take any medication and i don't take psychedelics frequently not even cannabis
Friday i took around 330 mg harmala hcl and smoked some hash there was nothing unusual...
24 hours later i took the equivalent of 5 hbwr seeds soaked in vodka and few hours later i smoked hash and it was the most beautiful, spiritual and life changing experience so far in my life. My first experience with hbwr was 3-4 weeks earlier and this was only my second.
The day after was normal.
Monday night i couldn't sleep after struggling in bed for hours i fell asleep for few minutes and had a dream, my vision started blurring and everything got dark and i died then i woke on a very strong electrical zap it felt like a wave travelling from the centre of my head and it electrifies me when it leaves my head and i kept getting these zaps at each time i'm close to falling asleep and i wake up... i managed to sleep for few hours and i had a normal day on Tuesday
Wednesday, i slept well and woke up very dizzy and confused with zaps every few minutes the time interval kept getting shorter during the day and the zaps longer and stronger
Today i slept well and woke up and it feels much stronger it's unbearable...
Anyone experienced this before?
How to end it or reduce it?
On that site they say it happens when u cut of ur medication suddenly but i'm not taking it frequently in the first place so i don't know what should i do
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

brilliantlydim
#2 Posted : 11/12/2015 7:13:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Found this here.

http://www.depressionfor...ou-deal-with-brain-zaps/

"Taking fish oil and B-12 supplements helps. I think they will stop after about 3 days."

and this

http://www.cymbaltawithd...ly-help-with-brain-zaps/

"I've been taking 60mg for at least 5 years. I skipped 3 days of doses and had awful brain zaps and tingling in my arms, hands and right leg. I got my prescription and took my regular dose. The next day, I broke open the pill and split the granules equally into two doses so I'm getting around 30mg. Using some of the advice from this forum, I picked up a good prenatal multivitamin with a lot of folic acid (it was easier than buying two separate pills), omega 3 fish oil capsules, B vitamin complex, and vitamin D3.

Today is the third day of my dosage drop and I have no symptoms of withdrawal. I'm even sleeping better. Right now, my plan is to go a week on 30 mg, then a week of 15 to nothing. If it doesn't work, I'll try 7mg for a week before I go off completely.

We shall see... "

and

http://www.nomorepanic.c.../index.php/t-147842.html

"I'm not recommending anything here, just stating my experience.

I came off duloxetine cold-turkey (with GPs knowledge if not approval) and found Fish Oil (Cod Liver Oil, Omega 3 etc) with high EPA and DHA contents helped me reduce the brain zaps.

I was on mirtazapine as well, which might have helped guard against withdrawal, but when I reduced the Cod Liver Oil the brain zaps got worse, so I certainly feel the fish oil helped.

I kept on them for about 10 weeks, now I'm back to my usual brand CLO at standard dosage."

I know they all have to do with coming off of anti-depressants but it was all I could really find on brain zaps. F

What is your diet like?

I would look at getting a high quality Cod liver oil and some quality vitamins if it was me. For sure a good B complex and magnesium just because we can all use a little more magnesium. I would have eggs for breakfast and down my vitamins and cod liver right after eating. I would stay away from aspartame (always), and even refined sugars at least till feeling better.

I usually double the "suggested" dose or more for the period I am trying to bring something back to "fix" something.

Everything I say is just a hunch, don't put anymore stock into it than that. Listen to your body, do what you feel is right. It's just where I would start.

UgraKarma
#3 Posted : 11/12/2015 7:50:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A quick Google search found a few other examples of people reporting brain zaps after a single usage of freebase harmalas, but really couldn't find one single study to point to to suggest these are the cause of your brain zaps. The only correlation I see is only because brain zaps are reported among users of MAOIs like Moclobembide.

Wish I could provide more info, but would be curious to hear what the diagnostics point towards here. I had pretty gnarly brain zaps after SSRI discontinuation and it was a lousy few months before they went away entirely. Total sympathy for you in that regard - keep us posted.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

Sakkadelic
#4 Posted : 11/12/2015 8:54:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys Smile
Quote:

What is your diet like?

I'm a vegetarian i stopped eating fish recently and i eat whatever is available so my diet is poor...
I will eat better and take vitamins and i will try to eat fish again at least until i feel better.
Quote:

A quick Google search found a few other examples of people reporting brain zaps after a single usage of freebase harmalas, but really couldn't find one single study to point to to suggest these are the cause of your brain zaps. The only correlation I see is only because brain zaps are reported among users of MAOIs like Moclobembide.

Wish I could provide more info, but would be curious to hear what the diagnostics point towards here. I had pretty gnarly brain zaps after SSRI discontinuation and it was a lousy few months before they went away entirely. Total sympathy for you in that regard - keep us posted

Well it might be the harmalas it's the most substance i use since few months once every 2-3 weeks in good doses, i'm not sure how this could happen, i mean the way it happened suddenly, and supposedly i took my regular dose few days ago...
It's getting nastier i swear i feel zapped more than normal now any kind of change is triggering it even sounds, if i'm walking straight i'm ok once i turn i get it if i talk i feel it and my face and lips are tingling...
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Jin
#5 Posted : 11/12/2015 10:08:02 AM

yes

its extremely important to take b-complex vitamins and zinc on a vegetarian diet , take 1 capsule b-complex vitamin everyday , don't get the liquid as its easy to overdose that way , and overdosing is not pretty

there are several brands that combine zinc and b-complex , together in a capsule , go for this as its minimal amount of zinc with b-complex , too much of zinc ain't good either

1 capsule a day is more than enough

being a vegetarian is not easy , and requires dedication

also meditation will help keep the brain zaps away (exhaling calmly is enough if its too hard to learn other advanced methods such as vipassana and zazen )

please note : this is not medical advice nor intended to be so , consult a doctor immediately
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Sakkadelic
#6 Posted : 11/12/2015 12:34:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thx jin Smile
Does this look good?
Sakkadelic attached the following image(s):
20151112_142915.jpg (2,302kb) downloaded 468 time(s).

Ufostrahlen
#7 Posted : 11/12/2015 4:06:10 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Well, I don't know what brain zaps are, but if you say you're a vegetarian and your nutrition is poor, I can at least point you to these two papers, so you can read about proper vegetarian nutrition:

http://www.vrg.org/nutri...9_ADA_position_paper.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih....1691485/pdf/14561278.pdf

Vitamin bottle looks okay, maybe look around for a time-released formula. Also proper nutrition is more than just vitamins, try to get a least 0.8g of protein (e.g. whey or soy) / kg body-weight per day. Phytochemicals are important too, so don't solely rely on synthesized vitamins.

Also provides extended knowledge about nutrition:

http://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Jin
#8 Posted : 11/12/2015 4:12:01 PM

yes

yes that does look good , except its got vitamin A in it

vitamin A is fat soluble and cannot be excreted out of the body through urine like other vitamins

if taking one of this capsule everyday , do not consume carrots or milk , as vitamin A toxicity is neither lethal or too harmful , yet has its own complications and its not healthy

God only knows why everything is enriched with vitamin A these days when its so abundant in food sources even vegetarian ones

either consume this capsule and avoid milk and carrots (especially carrots) or get something without vitamin A

again .....this is not medical advice , consult a doctor as soon as possible to see if an underlying health issue is to blame ,

illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Sakkadelic
#9 Posted : 11/12/2015 5:53:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you ufostrahlen
I don't have a choice in what i eat, i eat home cooked food but it's not usually fresh and there's no diversity in it that's why i say it's a poor diet, i found these vitamins at home and i don't even like taking them but i will only do once in the morning after breakfast until i get better Smile
Quote:

again .....this is not medical advice , consult a doctor as soon as possible to see if an underlying health issue is to blame

I wish i can go see a good doctor, where i live i can't go tell a doctor i'm taking MAOI or LSA or cannabis
last time i had heart problems i went to the doctor(he already knows my family is not religious) the diagnostic was it could be caused by stress and that i should see this as a sign from god...
There is better doctors of course but it's expensive and i don't have medical insurance that can cover it..

brilliantlydim
#10 Posted : 11/12/2015 8:53:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:
Thanks guys Smile

I'm a vegetarian i stopped eating fish recently and i eat whatever is available so my diet is poor...
I will eat better and take vitamins and i will try to eat fish again at least until i feel better.

Sounds like your options are rather limited. Do the best you can.

Quote:
Vitamin bottle looks okay, maybe look around for a time-released formula. Also proper nutrition is more than just vitamins, try to get a least 0.8g of protein (e.g. whey or soy) / kg body-weight per day. Phytochemicals are important too, so don't solely rely on synthesized vitamins.

I agree and believe ideally we wouldn't need to take any vitamins, everything we need should be in our food. Unfortunately that isn't true for most, and vitamins are a necessary option when experiencing a deficiency. One can use some strategy to maximize the effectiveness of vitamins by combining them with the right types of foods. I find I have more success the closer I can mimic nature.

I would be careful with eating a lot of soy.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sakkadelic
#11 Posted : 11/23/2015 6:21:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It went in less than a week Smile thank you all for the help
i just ate well and rested my mind.
in the last day with zaps i ate a kind of sweets that contained curcumin and i remembered reading about a study that shows how it is effective in treating depression with no side effects like drugs, i don't know if it works like SSRI but maybe it can help with zaps, i hope i never get them again but if i do i will test it.

BecometheOther
#12 Posted : 11/27/2015 7:13:20 PM

metamorhpasizer

Great to hear that they are behind you!
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 11/27/2015 9:23:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sakkadelic wrote:
i ate a kind of sweets that contained curcumin

Fresh turmeric is an absolutely brilliant mood elevator! I had a tablespoonful or so in fried rice recently. Just - wow!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

#14 Posted : 11/28/2015 11:29:51 AM

Psilosopher

Great to hear that you are no longer suffering. I don't have much to add on this topic other than the fact that I quite commonly experience these zaps on mushrooms. I have only had them once while sober, which interestingly enough suddenly happened when first entering a hot sauna and lying down.
It seemed once my body had adjusted to the new environment, it went away. Very strange sensation either way.
Thanks for the link btw, this is probably the most detailed explanation I've ever come across so far.
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

Sakkadelic
#15 Posted : 11/29/2015 1:19:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all Smile
downwardsfromzero wrote:
Sakkadelic wrote:
i ate a kind of sweets that contained curcumin

Fresh turmeric is an absolutely brilliant mood elevator! I had a tablespoonful or so in fried rice recently. Just - wow!

yeah it's great, i added curcumin to almost everything i ate for few months, i wasn't suffering from depression or anything and it was great but it increased my sexual desire so i stopped taking it. Hehe

DeltaSpice
#16 Posted : 12/10/2015 7:57:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Sakkadelic,
I've written about this before and had no response , I figured because no one could identify with what I was saying.

I had a period of brain zaps but they were in response to questions I asked during my sessions.
Short and sharp , some enough to bring me back to this reality.

Waves, I still get from back to front or left to right and visa versa.
They are quite pleasurable . I never understood them until I read your link.

"Brain zaps are considered to be caused by neurotransmitter alterations within the brain"

This makes a lot of sense because i have changed over the years from taking DMT and Harmalas.
Example :
For me to no longer have any anxiety or depression. (I only suffered a slight touch of these from time to time. Probably as most people do?). There has been some physical alterations and these alterations in process give the wave effects I feel.

Heal you? I'll say Cool

Intezam
#17 Posted : 12/14/2015 8:01:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

24 hrs between 330mg harmalas and HBWR seeds ain't enough. Taking it on the same day together could hurt you due to high BP/other! Mad (Even tho some ppl may get away with it due to fool's luck). Please be moar carefull Sakka. Better take a break now (integration) Wink . And stay away from that synthetic hash if you can.

Sakkadelic
#18 Posted : 12/14/2015 2:28:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Deltaspice i didn't fully understand what you were trying to say about the cause of your zaps i feel it's another kind of zaps your getting, good zaps maybe or waves if you see it as healing

Intezam wrote:
24 hrs between 330mg harmalas and HBWR seeds ain't enough. Taking it on the same day together can kill or hurt you due to high BP/stroke/other! Mad (Even tho some ppl may get away with it due to fool's luck). Please be moar carefull Sakka. Better take a break now (integration) Wink . And stay away from that synthetic hash if you can.

I'm aware of the high danger but i thought 24 hours were enough and i'm a fool Razz i'm away of synthetic only tried it few times, it was interesting at first since i was still new to these things, i'm really not dependent on anything and i'm in a very unstable phase of my life so i'm being careful i'm so happy i'm learning a lot Smile

DeltaSpice
#19 Posted : 12/15/2015 7:58:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What I am saying is that maybe my brain wave/zaps are a result of physical changes occurring in the brain. Good changes.

slewb
#20 Posted : 12/15/2015 3:11:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
24 hrs between 330mg harmalas and HBWR seeds ain't enough. Taking it on the same day together could hurt you due to high BP/other! Mad (Even tho some ppl may get away with it due to fool's luck). Please be moar carefull Sakka.

Can you explain the interaction here? I'm not finding anything that says this would be dangerous. The few times I've tried it it's been a fine combination. I never eat the seeds though, just chew on them, suck for a while, and spit.

12NEXT