We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DIY vaporiser (vaporizer) - pictures Options

downwardsfromzero
#1 Posted : 11/20/2015 9:30:42 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here's a few pics of a glass vaporiser, currently flame operated, improvised from labware.

Fully assembled:

The pieces:

So, we have a 500mL sidearm RBF, a 200mm air condenser/column, a sidearm adapter and a thermometer/tube adapter. The small glass tube is not used in the heating operations but does come in handy now and again:

The heat diffuser, made from coiled-up fine copper gauze:

This can be removed with the help of the screw cap when hot... The flame is directed onto a smaller button of coiled-up gauze.

Holder for matter to be vaped, a sort of thimble, again fashioned from fine copper gauze:

The side arm acts as a carburettor.

It's highly effective but the metal heat diffuser ought to be replaced with something more inert.

Yes, the glassware was very clean before use...
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
DSCI1305.JPG (7,572kb) downloaded 405 time(s).
DSCI1306.JPG (7,573kb) downloaded 403 time(s).
DSCI1312.JPG (7,597kb) downloaded 400 time(s).
DSCI1313.JPG (7,575kb) downloaded 404 time(s).
DSCI1314.JPG (7,574kb) downloaded 383 time(s).
DSCI1316.JPG (7,573kb) downloaded 379 time(s).
DSCI1318.JPG (7,564kb) downloaded 378 time(s).
DSCI1321.JPG (7,570kb) downloaded 383 time(s).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 11/20/2015 10:38:15 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

How can I remove the unnecessary attachments at the bottom of the post?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

TGO
#3 Posted : 11/21/2015 12:10:18 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

downwardsfromzero wrote:
How can I remove the unnecessary attachments at the bottom of the post?

Next to the edit and delete buttons at the top of the post there should be a button called attach (note: not the "attach files to this post" button). When you click on attach, it will bring you to the page that shows you what pictures you have already uploaded. While on this page there are options to delete previously uploaded pictures or you can even upload more to the same post.

Hope this helps!

Smile

BTW, that vaporizer looks intense! Well done!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 11/21/2015 12:18:47 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Gratitude extended to you, Grateful One! Sadly this doesn't work. When I try to edit the post, there is no longer an option to attach files, and consequently no means of editing the attachments.

The device is highly suitable for toasting brains and smooth as can be! By using multiple different diffusers and holders, many different flavoured herbs can be enjoyed, it would seem. It could probably do with a few clips to hold it together, and a nice stand Very happy

TGO
#5 Posted : 11/21/2015 1:00:20 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Gratitude extended to you, Grateful One! Sadly this doesn't work. When I try to edit the post, there is no longer an option to attach files, and consequently no means of editing the attachments.

The device is highly suitable for toasting brains and smooth as can be! By using multiple different diffusers and holders, many different flavoured herbs can be enjoyed, it would seem. It could probably do with a few clips to hold it together, and a nice stand Very happy

Hmmm? That is weird...so you are saying that next to the Delete, Edit, and Quote buttons at the upper right hand corner of all full member's posts there isn't a button next to those that says attach?

You shouldn't need to go into the "edit post" to do the method I mentioned above. There should be a physical "Attach" button, like the quote button. Once clicked, it shows you what you have uploaded. I've used it before to delete pictures when I was being overly paranoid! Very happy

It doesn't make any sense as to why I would have access to this while others don't IMO! I feel like I may have miscommunicated in my above post or something...

Smile

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 11/21/2015 1:50:46 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sorry, I'm just being incredibly thick again! I re-read what you've said and have worked out what you suggested to do. Confused Rolling eyes

Let's just delete these posts and pretend it never happened Laughing

But if I delete the attachments, will the pictures stay in the OP? One way to find out, I guess...

Yes, that makes them disappear. Now I think I'll just leave it, or upload the pictures somewhere else later.

TGO
#7 Posted : 11/21/2015 2:07:37 AM

Welcoming committee

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Sorry, I'm just being incredibly thick again! I re-read what you've said and have worked out what to do. Confused Rolling eyes

Let's just delete these posts and pretend it never happened Laughing

But if I delete the attachments, will the pictures stay in the OP? One way to find out, I guess...

Yes, that makes them disappear. Now I think I'll just leave it, or upload the pictures somewhere else later.

Laughing

It's all good man! It took me half a day of searching (at least) when I first figured out how to remove pictures. You could always delete all of them and reattach them in whatever fashion in which you originally intended! Onwards and upwards, friend!

Smile

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 11/21/2015 3:01:39 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Getting back on track, here are a few more views of the gauze components.

Firstly, a view of the thimble/basket:

Then some more views of the heat diffuser;
Showing the heat target 'button':

And the the coiling of the diffuser:
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
DSCI1314.JPG (7,574kb) downloaded 115 time(s).
DSCI1316.JPG (7,573kb) downloaded 114 time(s).
DSCI1321.JPG (7,570kb) downloaded 112 time(s).