We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1011121314NEXT»
What scale do you use? Options

Entheogenerator
#221 Posted : 3/6/2014 11:11:13 PM

Homo discens

Naniiina3 wrote:
I am going to order this scale: http://www.amazon.com/gp...&smid=A1OXMGBNNDVO3Y

But I apologize for this. It can be deleted if one wishes, I did get the information that I need. Thank you everyone, you all helped a lot!

I used to have that one. It isn't all that accurate, but it's a whole lot better than nothing.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

anrchy
#222 Posted : 3/7/2014 12:10:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker wrote:
anrchy wrote:
If you do a search of the forum you will find many threads on this. Please use search before posting questions. Instead of spoon feeding other members can help to reduce redundant topics such as this by suggesting using search.

I don't agree with spoon feeding I think research is the key !

I also find that the search is there for a reason use it !!

But in some cases certain questions aren't asked for a easy answer there asked for advice and this is a forum so why can't we

ask questions without certain members getting all bent out of shape for gods sake !!

Maybe we can just ask the one that posts the topic to have a mod to delete it once they have the information !!

And yes the tenth scales are inaccurate so just bite the bullit and fork out the $20 !

There have been tons of threads on this exact topic so its nothing unique that warrants its own thread. OP, its no big deal just thought I would bring it up. Instead of deleting, it will eventually be merged with similar threads. I have that exact scale and personally have found it to be plenty accurate. Within 2-4mg which is just fine.

Earthwalker:
I wasn't getting bent out of shape, I was just mirroring the current model of the forum. If you are not aware check out this thread by The Traveler. https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=53122

Quote:
No spoonfeeding
We have to teach the new members that we love it if they do their own homework, and that we actually even expect it. It's the famous story about the difference between giving a fish and teaching them how to fish: If people can help themselves to get any information they need, they do not have to rely on someone else to be around all the time to help them.

So instead of directly answering their questions, we should point them into the right direction. For example show them the FAQ, the Wiki or certain threads on the forum they can read to answer their question. Not only will this enable the new members to better explore by themselves, it will also give them more and often better information than you can write down into a single answer post.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Entheogenerator
#223 Posted : 3/7/2014 10:40:05 AM

Homo discens

Thank you anrchy. I feel like sometimes I am put in a moral bind when I have to decide when it is and isn't appropriate to spoon-feed information, to some degree. When it comes to harm reduction I would rather momentarily break the forum guidelines than pass up a chance to stop someone from a potential "overdose", a la this thread (different circumstances, but the same risk nonetheless).

I'm not saying I disagree with the policy on spoon-feeding information, I fully support the concept. I'm just saying that there are certain circumstances when it seems justified to just tell someone flat-out rather than encourage them to do their own research, in my opinion.
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

anrchy
#224 Posted : 3/7/2014 7:54:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entheogenerator wrote:
Thank you anrchy. I feel like sometimes I am put in a moral bind when I have to decide when it is and isn't appropriate to spoon-feed information, to some degree. When it comes to harm reduction I would rather momentarily break the forum guidelines than pass up a chance to stop someone from a potential "overdose", a la this thread (different circumstances, but the same risk nonetheless).

I'm not saying I disagree with the policy on spoon-feeding information, I fully support the concept. I'm just saying that there are certain circumstances when it seems justified to just tell someone flat-out rather than encourage them to do their own research, in my opinion.

Or you can do both. And I agree with you. There are many threads that i see pop up from time to time where the user wants to put 50mg in their device. In that situation you could reply with a harm reduction warning and then proceed to tell them about research and where they can find such information to back it up.

Earthwalker
#225 Posted: : 3/8/2014 2:12:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
Entheogenerator wrote:

Or you can do both. And I agree with you. There are many threads that i see pop up from time to time where the user wants to put 50mg in their device. In that situation you could reply with a harm reduction warning and then proceed to tell them about research and where they can find such information to back it up.

I agree with both of you're veiws on this subject of spoon feeding and telling someone to do there own research as my thread on the matter https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=514236#post514236 !
As I found I'm glad I was encouraged to do it on my own but sometimes I was a bit discouraged at times buy some members blunt veiws , but all good Thumbs up

Entheogenerator
#226 Posted : 3/8/2014 11:47:37 PM

Homo discens

Well now that this thread has been merged and stickied, and the topic changed to "Which scale do you use?", I suppose I'll share mine.

I currently use the Tree HRB-60g Electronic Precision Balance, and I am very impressed with its performance thus far. As far as I can tell, it is about as close as one can get to the accuracy of a lab-quality scale, without actually spending several thousand dollars on a lab-quality scale. I have used/owned many .001g pocket-scales in the past, but their performance was never quite satisfactory.

IIRC, the HRB-60g has an accuracy rating of +/-.001g (as opposed to the +/-.005g accuracy of my old scale). My old one was an American Weigh Scales Gemini-20, purchased from Amazon for about $20-$30 USD. It worked alright for DMT, for the most part, but it was not adequate for certain other compounds. It was also only accurate about 85% of the time. I thought maybe it was defective so I requested a replacement, but the replacement was not any more reliable than the first was.

Normally the HRB-60g would be way out of my price range, but I got very lucky and found an unused store return for sale for about $100 USD + shipping.
Entheogenerator attached the following image(s):
HRB60b.JPG (64kb) downloaded 407 time(s).
HRB60.jpg (69kb) downloaded 406 time(s).
HRB60a.jpg (88kb) downloaded 408 time(s).

ganjaman
#227 Posted : 3/9/2014 8:04:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use a Mettler Toledo PM 200 and i think this is an awesome scale.
http://www.geminibv.nl/l...ing-instructions-eng.pdf

I depends on how much money one is willing to spend, but if you are patient and look long enough, you will find a good scale like Mettler or Sartorius for a good price.

I bought mine for about 100$ used, but in fantastic condition.
Actually there is a pm 400 for sale for 150$ but without the windbreak.

I'm not saying that a more expensive scale is always necessary, but knowing that it is more accurate, gives me a better feeling.

Cognitive Heart
#228 Posted : 3/16/2014 8:34:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I plan on buying a 20 x 0.001g for accurate measurement. They are not difficult to find these days. I imagine it wasn't easy to obtain quality scales for low price many years ago. Here's to good measure!

Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

DiMoiTou
#229 Posted : 5/27/2014 5:55:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have one of the cheapest 0.001g scales available on ebay. The grey one with a clear convexe lid.
It's okay but don't expect too much from it... It's more like a 0.005g accuracy...

Cognitive Heart
#230 Posted : 6/2/2014 12:46:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

American Weigh Scales GEMINI-20 Portable MilliGram Scale, 20 by 0.001 G ?

This one?

--

Thumbs up

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

DiMoiTou
#231 Posted : 6/3/2014 7:29:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nope, this is the one I have:

It has a 10g limit.
It's only €12 but I wouldn't use it for ... 5-meo-dmt for instance.
Earlier today, I turned it on and after initializing, it went down on its own from 0 to -0.022g Confused
I usually try to set it up somewhere, not move it for a couple of minutes, and only then use it, and I also double-check the results.

Cognitive Heart
#232 Posted : 6/3/2014 9:42:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice scale! Interesting results. That is unfortunate the scale dropped like that. The capability potential probably rises with prices, as does quality. The cheaper-expensive ratio or 'get what you pay for' kind of deal. 0.005 is still okay, definitely usable, but sometimes in order to reach a particular nootropic level, you must see all levels. That 0.001mg number sequence is of interest to many people, as am I.

Very excited to receive scale once it arrives! [the one mentioned above] They are quite sensitive so double checking is a real good idea, especially if you are working with compounds with low concentrated activity.

Are you considering another scale?

--

Thumbs up

Intezam
#233 Posted : 9/26/2014 7:11:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

We also use this one. What is that hole with that foam ring for? Anyone knows?

anrchy
#234 Posted : 9/26/2014 10:42:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For another weight, which is used for calibrating. Mine came with two weights. That scale pictured is actually the same as the Gemini, its just a generic scale that gets branded by many different companies.

ZenPuppy
#235 Posted : 12/22/2014 7:10:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I use this one
http://www.amazon.com/gp...08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I test it every time I set it up somewhere else with the included weights and the most its off is .002 to .003. More often its accurate within .001.

only goes up to 20g, but i use a different scale anyways for larger volumes, so this isn't really a concern for me.

ZenPuppy

Jarisleif
#236 Posted : 5/26/2015 1:32:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I picked up a weighmax pocket scale at a local shop. From what I see looking online they're pretty cheap. Do any of you have experience with this brand?

This is the model I have

wolf8312
#237 Posted : 11/20/2015 2:36:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Guys I got this yesterday. O.1mg to 200 grams. It was about 150 english pounds down from -or so they said- 300. Perhaps a bit overkill?
wolf8312 attached the following image(s):
IMG_1205.JPG (861kb) downloaded 179 time(s).

wolf8312
#238 Posted : 11/20/2015 4:06:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/...id=229466&rmvSB=true

358 dollars on ebay!

Actually that one is only 100 grams. Mine is the FA2004 200g 0.1 mg so although it does not look the same exactly I think its this one selling for 469 dollars. That is asssuming that FA2004 is not refering to something within the miligram scales industry that I am not aware of!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/...id=229466&rmvSB=true

Jees
#239 Posted : 11/20/2015 6:07:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wolf, that adequately takes you out of ghetto style Smile

Mine below.
TARE doesn't respond well, just OFF and ON to simulate that.
Jees attached the following image(s):
scale.JPG (21kb) downloaded 411 time(s).

wolf8312
#240 Posted : 11/20/2015 7:03:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Wolf, that adequately takes you out of ghetto style Smile

Mine below.
TARE doesn't respond well, just OFF and ON to simulate that.

I always do this I start looking at small and cheap and before I know it I've bought big and expensive. Still I got a great price for it! Seems to work pretty damned well so far though is sometimes a milligram or half out. I can live with that!

I need to get a tray for it though as I cant be doling out powders onto it. My last jewellery scale at the end of its long life span was full of kratom!

That glass box it's built in is actually there to protect it from dust! A well-made and very heavy machine though not exactly something you can take on holiday with ya. Still wouldnt ever take spice outside anyhoo!

How about those scales of yours are they accurate?

Funny that I can be geeking out this hard over scales!

«PREV1011121314NEXT»