We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Imagine Heaven Options

Anamnesia
#1 Posted : 10/31/2015 8:23:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Because we are all One, the same Self, every singular mind-island's projection is another mind-island's impression. I have a feeling this must be the meaning of synchronicity. How can it be that my own particular internal narrative coincides perfectly at some point with another's? Maybe this isn't such a mystery if it is clear that every single mind is like an island, over which pass the same clouds, the same "thoughts".
Some islands may be better equipped with instruments for capturing and clinging onto those clouds.
It seems this simple shift in perspective turns synchronicity into an obvious fact of nature, rather than some spooky coincidence which everyone acknowledges at some point but noone wants to talk about (for fear of being thought insane). I think synchronicity has something to do with telepathy and the finer nature of thought. In an emptied mind, devoid of one's own sensory impressions, here and there clouds called thoughts arise and pass on through. What if, that state is a kind of precondition for the identification of the origin of those clouds (those thoughts)?

Obviously, a mind constantly bamboozling itself with concepts, that is to say, "I should be doing this" or, "I should be doing that", has absolutely no reckoning of how to differentiate between where the thoughts arise.
(Did I think this thought? Or did you think this thought? There may be no such thing as ownership of thoughts.) In this kind of mind, a mind that has not yet learned how to become quiet... silent... empty... not only does it have no peace, but the intellectual aspect of this mind will find the idea of telepathy ridiculous. Why? Because this mind hasn't learned not to identify its island with the clouds above passing by. This being is completely identified with its mind, if the mind can be thought of as the contents of the sky. Have you forgotten that upon which you depend for support - the ground? Remember your feet, don't lose your head!
It does sound ridiculous to say that this mind has to unlearn identifying its existence with those clouds (those thoughts). But! Herein lies the illusion we all enjoy in our everyday lives. Even worse, or better, we don't even escape this illusion in our dreams, wherein we actually have the power (in our freedom) to dramatically alter our environment according to our imaginings. I submit it is this very illusion, this identification of our existence with those clouds of thought, that obstructs us from seeing the truth in telepathy, and furthermore actively works against our being able to perform telepathy ourselves.

Just imagine if you could remember you had that power within a dream at night, nevermind at day!, what would you do?

Perhaps, the reason we find it difficult to wake up inside our dreams, is for the very simple reason that we don't believe it can happen, or we haven't thought at all about what we might actually do in that kind of world. Might we come to discover the power of belief? Think literally for a moment what you would do if you had the power to do anything. And once you've thought of something, now immediately realize that the sole reason it's not true is the interval of time typically required to build a galaxy from beginning to end. In other words, the deed is already done in your mind, except the world must wait and see. They must wait, like anyone who waits for a building or a company or an equation to be founded, and see. You've seen the world as it could be, and all the validity you need for an idea is the fact that it entered your imagination at all. You imagined it! There's your proof it is true. Because none other than the Real you imagined. Not that bundle of clouds (thoughts) you previously learned wasn't the real you.

I, too, might find this ridiculous on the front of it. But, when we consider the consequences of human thought on the shape of this planet, (just think of it!) nevermind the solar system (think of voyager out there beyond pluto), I realize fully (not fully, because if I did, the world would be at peace) the power of thought, which is fundamentally indistinguishable from the power of imagining. The secret is in belief. Is it the path that illuminates belief, or is it the initial (I can!) belief that illuminates the way?
A wise master said that "the shape of the universe is the shape of man". And yet another master said: "an iron will and intelligent brain - and the world falls at your feet". Another said "the kingdom of heaven is within you". Let us collectively externalize our imagination into the domain of the previously thought impossible, and reach and command the Way.

There is nothing "out there" beyond Ourself. If we discover advanced intelligence around another star, it will make no difference, because there is no competition between intelligences. If one intelligence wishes to compete with another, and be in the spirit of musting up it's resources to out-wit or one-up the other, then this is not intelligence, but primitive and, frankly, stupid behavior.
The only relationship that can exist between intelligences is a spirit of cooperation. In this way, each intelligence bootstraps itself into a higher understanding by virtue of being in connection with the other intelligence. There is no higher and lower here, but a working-together in the spirit of Oneness.
The universe is everywhere and we are a floating island in an infinite ocean.
That super advanced alien high technology civilization with a Dyson sphere 1500 light years away would be no different, that is, if we discover this to be the case. They are no different from us, in the same way that a human being is not different at heart from a pine that stands a thousand years.

Do not be afraid of advanced intelligences. Replace that fear with curiosity.
Curiosity sometimes gets burned, yes. But fear always gets burned.

Now, A race cannot prepare for and prevent a catastrophe at the same time. Wait, didn't Einstein say that?
In the same way, we cannot prepare for departure into space, or be sufficiently prepared for contact with alien intelligence, at the same time we are still defending ourselves from each other - nations against nations. We must realize we have no enemy exterior to our own minds. In our antics to prepare for the worst possible scenario, we have misplaced our notion of enemy. The real enemy isn't an asteroid that will knock the earth to pieces. Nor is it nuclear war. Nor is it overpopulation. Nor is destroying the atmosphere. These are all components of a disorder, of a disconnect from our one true Self, that which we all share in common. What happens when a highly evolved being such as a human is detached with that which we all share in common? Disconnection from the world, each other, and most disastrous of all, disconnection from our self. What is the result of this disconnection? Addiction.

"Addiction is just one symptom of the crisis of disconnection that is happening all around us."
"The opposite of addiction is not sobriety. The opposite of addiction is connection."

The reason we have addictions of infinite kinds is because, in the absence of communion with our internal selves, there is a vacuum that is created that must be filled, and because "nature abhors a vacuum", we seek always to fill it with something. What do we fill it with? We fill it with food (hence the problem of obesity in America), with people (to reassure us were not crazy because we feel empty inside - because everyone feels that way, and that's what makes it ok they say), with chronic masturbation or sex (always in for that neurochemical dopamine fix, indistinguishable to a neurologist from eating icecream for sugar or shooting cocaine for the high), media of some sort (be it an irresistible pull to constantly be checking facebook, tumblr, twitter, instagram, any of the news stations, and those endless online self-improvement articles telling us the best way to make oneself smarter, more beautiful, or less lousy), netflix marathons accompanied by pizza, subway, cannabis, and a general sense of depression caused by chronic indolence and guilt for doing nothing but trashing the temples of the mind - the body and the eyes, the body which deteriorates because of your willful negligence, and the eyes which become dull and dim reflecting the vanishing flame of accountability within.

Addiction.
What is the cause of addiction?
Disconnection from the Self we share in common which is within us all.
And if one wonders how to get back to being connected - I suggest you learn more about meditation from a very great master, from whom I have imbibed an enormous amount of valuable information, which I always seem to confirm for myself by arriving there spontaneously in meditation. His name is Alan W. Watts. Despite his passing some forty years ago, I know for a fact I would be eons behind in understanding what meditation really is, if not for him. Speaking personally, he empowered me by giving me the tools to find out for myself what its all about and who I really am, which I discovered were the same question. And, ever since, in my own practice of meditation, I have learned more about the nature of mind than could ever be transmitted in a doctoral program of psychology.

Entheogens are helpful, but are not the main course. Entheogens are like the great psychical powers of a great sage, but they are only powers, ephemeral. The great sage understands the truth of emptiness, and prefers that to the powers of magic. The buddha that wakes up does so through realizing emptiness, and I believe it is true this process can be expedited through the use of psilocybin (personal experience). But! specific to psilocybin is not anything that is not specific of any difficult or novel circumstance in which you find yourself. All of our experiences are teachers. And to the degree that some of us are caught in the torrent of some mighty tide of change, we learn some things fast about ourselves, which is the same thing as learning about life. If the seas are calm out beyond your comfortable island, and the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, and if you've got your coconut with a bamboo straw and a gorgeous babe by your side, then that is perfectly alright. Why seek problems? However, if suddenly a storm brews in the visible distance, and upon the shore arrives some pieces of the wreckage of a ship, you know for sure you'd better prepare. This you may have never done before, but if you know your life depends on it, nothing catalyzes your creative imagination more than that! So, it is very simple to see that circumstances shape us and influence the depth of our selves. Some enjoy riding the ocean's surface, some enjoy to dive deep. Both are perfectly well.

The point, then, is to see that - for if you've no problem with a neighbor diving deep in his delusion to hunt the depths for diamonds, and if it is equally true he has no problem with the lazy happy changa smoking sailor on the surface having sex with the sun, then this spirit of tolerance and love permits a limitless variety of expression from all kinds of different personalities. Addiction, then, might be thought of as the alternative to living a life of freedom, of living like that happy changa smoking sailor neath the sun, or that risky daring diver plunging deep into the sea. You must find your self, and then when you've discovered genuinely you are God, you will have the clarity and power of intention to transform the world around you.

I believe the way to our collective Heaven, is through the collective deliverance of the idea that we are not already God's brothers and sisters. Let us each find our rest and peace in emptiness, from which, like a bowl's opportunistic utility from being made empty, we will find unlimited possibilities of worlds simply waiting to be imagined.

Imagine Heaven.
Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

zhoro
#2 Posted : 11/1/2015 4:12:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Those were many thoughts about no thought Smile
Here it is - right now. Start thinking about it and you miss it. ~ Huang-po

Anamnesia
#3 Posted : 11/1/2015 2:04:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

zhoro wrote:
Those were many thoughts about no thought Smile

How is that supposed to be helpful?

zhoro
#4 Posted : 11/1/2015 4:22:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You made the important point of quieting the mind. Was your message the product of a quiet mind? Or was it of one filled with desire and concepts?

Anamnesia
#5 Posted : 11/1/2015 8:52:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know.

zhoro
#6 Posted : 11/2/2015 1:44:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, so it would be right to first silence the mind and then see if there is anything wrong with the world and where heaven might be.

Raz
#7 Posted : 11/2/2015 2:36:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There is an immediate deep innate knowing that is to simple for our thoughts to touch directly as they operate through as sense of past or future. it is a well practiced art through the ages to try and touch and express the inexpressible indirectly by closing the gap as much as possible between what we know and what we think we know, with metaphors and word play. Just creating tactile consciousness stimulating ripples on the surface rather than splash around so to say.

I have observed that there has been points in my life where I have unwittingly lived grounded within that deep knowing and found my self "in the zone" so to say, feeling very spontaneous, creative and in sync.

At some points I have (and will) substitute that knowing with what I think (memory/imagination) I know and value the thoughts as a trusted middleman between me, my sense of individuality and the rest of reality rather than as a practical tool of orientation, thus creating an apparent sense of disconnection and a much less flexible state of being by assuming a deeper relationship with the presents past/future echoing aspect (the tip of the iceberg) rather than being grounded in the timeless immediacy of the moment that is deeper than we can ever imagine...
*I used to think I was thought, I was however, not in my right mind*

*This cluster is clearly in fuzzy bubblegum*

TimeGearingBlocks
#8 Posted : 11/15/2015 1:11:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anamnesia I love this post. I too have explored your exact same philosophy about God which, in my own head island, is right now in this Moment everything at once is currently Gods state of existence. All the dreams of serpents echoing, all the dreams of humans echoing and all the dreams of creatures existing on other planets echoing. What does physical reality have to do with our imaginative reality. Why are we driven toward any point at all if death is inevitable? Together we are all the microscopic cells which make up the entire current existence and reality. We are always communicating to each other some how like nuerons in the brain communicate without conscious action.

I cannot dismiss anamnesias ideas so easily as they are so ironically close to mine and so many others I've been running into lately. I agree that if two strangers living in completely different areas of the world think of the same complex idea and are able to share it, don't you think there is something greater to that? I know anamnesia believes there is.
It all exists, because it does.

"Many are the names of God and infinite are the forms through which she may be approached. In whatever name and form you worship him, through them you will realize God."
- Sri Ramakrishna [edited]

StrangeLoop wrote:
The nature of the universe is to build up aggregates of conscious matter. Esse est percipi, to be is to be perceived, without observers the universe is just formless vibrations of energy. The all seeing eye is a human symbol we use to represent the idea that the universe itself has a consciousness and intelligence...God if you will. I think DMT opens you up to the absolute reality of pure consciousness and your rational brain is trying to figure out what it's experiencing by throwing up these archetypes.

Anamnesia
#9 Posted : 11/16/2015 1:52:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If i may ask, why did you mention serpents echoing?
Did you happen to read this book too and are wondering if it could be true?
What I'm about to say may not seem connected, at first, to my post above, but rest assured it is, and also that I agree with you TimeGearingBlocks.

( http://www.amazon.com/gp...oh_aui_d_detailpage_o07_ )
[The Book is "Apprenticed to a Himalayan Master by Sri M]

In this book, Sri M writes the following testimony and it's been haunting me for awhile, and now is the time when I introduce this bizarre of all bizarre to the community for scrutiny. I must preface and say that I am to a point where I am so astounded by it - more so by the possbility that it very well may be true, than the possibility this man simply made it all up. Having read his books, and seen him speak on youtube, I trust him. I can't really help it.
As Swami Vivekananda put it: I can hardly believe it, but I don't not believe it either. You decide.

••••••••••••••

Here you go: Chapter entitled " Sarpa Loka " (Taken straight from the book linked above)
by Sri M.

On the third night at Arundhati cave, I was woken up by what I at first thought was the rumbling of thunder. I opened my eyes and saw Babaji in his usual sitting posture, back towards me, silhouetted by the light of the Dhuni. I looked beyond, and from between two parting clouds, emerged something that was roughly the size of a full moon, but could not be the moon. Instead of the cool, silvery, white light shed by the moon, this object was a glowing ball of fire, and as it moved closer the rumbling became louder. Then it came towards the cave and landed right on the Dhuni, with the sound of a thunderclap. I was so scared that I could not even sit up, but Babaji sat upright like a statue, unaffected and unmoved. I wanted to call out to him, but my vocal chords refused to function. Somehow, I pulled myself up to a sitting position. My whole body trembled with fear. A strange spectacle unfolded before my astounded eyes.

The rumbling had stopped and there was utter silence. The fireball, which was about two feet in diameter, split vertically into two, and out of it emerged something that caused goose pimples all over my body. It was a large snake, with a hood like a cobra, glowing electric blue, as if made of a transparent, violet, glass like material, with electric filaments lit inside. The snake-like creature’s eyes glowed, and it hissed softly. My fear vanished the moment I saw the creature bend down and touch Babaji’s feet with its hood. Babaji blessed it by touching its head with his right hand, and then did something, which for a second, made me wonder if what I was seeing was a silly dream, or reality. He hissed in reply.

The blue cobra straightened up and sat facing Babaji. A hissing conversation went on for quite some time. Then Babaji said, “Madhu, come forward and see the deputy chief of the Sarpa Loka.” I moved forward and carefully sat behind Babaji. The snake hissed. Babaji said, “Bow down to Nagaraj.” I bowed low before the snake. At close quarters, I could see that he was quite big and had intelligent sparkling eyes. The snake hissed and touched my head with his forked tongue. I found that I was not the least bit frightened, although I could feel a mild electric shock passing through my body. Then abruptly, it slithered back into the globe, the two halves of which clicked shut, and with a rumbling sound, the globe took off and soon vanished in the clouds.

I could not but ask Babaji to explain. “Babaji,” I said, “I deserve an explanation. If I said this to anybody, they would think I am utterly crazy, or that I am concocting some kind of fiction, so I shall keep this to myself. But please, explain to me.” “Yes,” Babaji said, “you are right. Not many will believe this experience of yours but you will have to share it with the public, when you write your autobiography. It does not matter who believes or does not, but I will explain to you. Truth is often stranger than fiction.

“In the Milky Way, there exists a stellar system with seven planets and eighteen moons. One of these planets is called Sarpa Loka, and is entirely inhabited by highly evolved, hooded snakes. The serpents are called the Naga devatas. The person you saw is the deputy chief of this realm and he is called Nagaraja. The supreme head of the Nagas is the five-hooded golden serpent, known in ancient Indian texts, as Anantha.

“Thousands of years ago, when humanity was still in infant stages of mental evolution, there was regular contact with Sarpa Loka. The wise and evolved Nagas frequented the earth, and spent long periods here, teaching and educating human beings. The snake worship you come across in all ancient civilizations is a tribute to the advanced Nagas of yore. Their images were venerated for the deep wisdom that they possessed. They also taught the secret of the kundalini energy initially, again symbolized by a serpent. Patanjali who gave the world the Ashtanga Yoga Sutras, was himself a Naga, and is depicted as half man and half snake.

The snake on the pharaoh’s head and the snake coiled around the yogi-god Shiva, are all symbolic representations of wisdom and power, imparted to certain human beings by the Naga teachers. “But then, as always seems to happen, human beings, as they became more powerful, began to also become more self-centred and cunning. Humans, or at least a majority of them, were ready to even kill for personal gain. Some felt threatened by the intellectually and spiritually superior Nagas, and forgetting their indebtedness, began to use the powers that they had acquired from the Nagas against them. “At one point, there were large scale massacres of the Nagas. The Supreme Naga Chief decided to recall the Nagas from earth, and cut all connections, except with some human beings who were highly evolved spiritually.

Overnight, they were transported back to Sarpa Loka. A small number of Nagas, who were either sick or too old, or in rare cases, rebels who defied the orders of the Supreme Chief thinking that they still could do something with the human beings, got left behind. “The serpents and snakes that exist in the world today are the descendents of those who were left behind, and who, through years of in-breeding, have become retarded, and no longer possess the great qualities of their ancestors.

However, as I told you, the channels of contact were kept open with highly evolved beings of the human race. When the great Sai Nath of Shirdi left his body for three days, and returned on the fourth day, to the great astonishment of the general public who had thought that he had died, he told his close circle of associates that he had gone to settle a dispute in some other world. “The other world he spoke of, was the Sarpa Loka. The dispute, which I cannot reveal to you, was not completely settled, and has come up again. Nagaraj here went to Sri Guru for help, and on his suggestion, came to me to discuss the matter.”

“Babaji,” I said, “all this sounds so bizarre, that if I ever wrote a biography – which I might do, at some point, since you say so, the readers would either dismiss it as the ravings of an unbalanced mind, or as pure fiction. I don’t care. So let it be.” Babaji laughed. “I repeat again,” he said, “truth is stranger than fiction, and even if the story stimulates their imagination, there is hope that they might at some point realize that there are greater realms of consciousness which cannot be comprehended by dry logic, and currently available levels of intelligence.

“However, by the time you attempt your biography, even the scientific world would have expanded its knowledge of outer space and other planets. The suspicion that life exists, or existed on other planets or stellar systems, will be strengthened by the discovery of water, and other conditions suitable for the evolution and sustenance of life forms in hitherto unsuspected parts of the cosmos. Perhaps, some unprejudiced scientist might consider it worthwhile to at least give your story the attention it deserves. Beyond that, considering the stupid attitude of dismissing anything that does not fall under the category of ‘established norms’ as unscientific, have no hope. “Now, you must be tired. Go sleep.”

••••••••••••••••

What does anyone make of this?
Please! Someone help me understand this.