We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
So, Lemon Balm Aya/Pharma... Most people SERIOUSLY do not know/realize :P Options

Sabnock
#1 Posted : 11/30/2013 8:26:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

To put it bluntly and most certainly forwardly, i took 3.5 grams of ground Rue seed encapsulated, 3/3.1 grams of powdered Acacia Confusa root bark, and a 5 gram Lemon Balm tea.... MUCH POTENTIAL it appears... most certainly to be explored further, by everyone, i feel. It's def. an experiement in progress as far as dosage goes, but it has drastically, imo/ime, altered, the playing fields Ayahuasca-wise. Think of it, as Pharmahuasca/Ayahuasca 2.0, a new kind of experimentation where one incorporates and explores, the oral routes of Ayahuasca/known herbal medicines, curiously and respectfully. I'm doing this mainly with curious, scientific, behavioral, medical, reasons, just so people are clear on this.

I will report back, later on tomorrow or so when i can gather my thoughts about all this, but in the mean time, please feel free, curiously, to take roughly 2 to 5 grams (probably 5) of dried (or fresh?) Lemon Balm, and try for yourselves. Granted, i am also a daily Cannabis user for medical reasons (Aspergers) and use it mainly for gut-related issues and i stick to "mid" grade (or regular) Cannabis rather than "med" grade (medical). So, what synergistic fashion these herbal combinations have with Ayahuasca, who knows how deep it can truly go, but imo it's def. a field i think people should approach in these times.

Share, expand, navigate, and experiment. Ttyl.

PS, you really wouldn't think something so "small" as a little bit of certain herbs, would make something so totally different and new, but atleast Lemon Balm it seems, combined with Harmalas, can take on a whole new fashion, i feel, even maybe without a DMT containing admixture plant. Perhaps the Harmalas can synergize and bring out the potential of, certain herbs.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sabnock
#2 Posted : 11/30/2013 9:05:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I will say one thing though right off the bat... Lemon Balm seems to EXTEND the duration of the experience... It's so awesome, MUCH potential.

Just a thought though, what if, by drinking Lemon Balm tea throughout the experience, one could perhaps lengthen the experience a good bit? I'd say it's a possibility, one in which i'll most certainly try sometime or another, but those of curious minds, are free to indulge.

#3 Posted : 11/30/2013 3:54:26 PM

Game Master

Hmmmm..........lemon balm, eh? I'm not exactly sure what that is, but I'm intrigued to give it a shot on my next pharma night.
Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

Sabnock
#4 Posted : 12/4/2013 2:42:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So, here's what i noticed about Lemon Balm in conjunction with Acacia Confusa and Syrian Rue.

First off, the Aya/Pharma is way more visual for me with Lemon Balm than it is without the Lemon Balm, and i'm not sure what's going on there. Usually when i take Aya/Pharma the experience is more about feeling than seeing visuals. Without the Lemon Balm, the visuals seem very dim and dark and i can hardly make out what i'm seeing so i focus more on the experience itself/feelings, but with the Lemon Balm the clarity and brightness of the visuals are def. increased and i find myself mentioning over and over how visual things are.

Secondly, the Lemon Balm does indeed help with digestion, and helps gas, bloating and nausea, you just have to time the ingestion of the Lemon Balm tea to where it kicks in alongside the Harmalas. It also does seem to slow down/extend the duration of the Aya/Pharma, and i'm not sure why but i'd be interested in seeing if it extends the experience for anyone else.

And lastly, the Lemon Balm's anxiolytic properties seems to change the oncoming of the DMT portion, and the DMT seems to come up nice and steadily instead of quick and hectic, def. an improvement in my opinion. Oh and the Lemon Balm kinda numbs your hands and feet a little bit, and when the relaxation of the Lemon Balm mixes with the relaxation of the Harmalas, it's a really nice feeling.

If i remember more, i'll update this post. In the mean time though, i will continue to work with Lemon Balm and Aya/Pharma.

Ilex
#5 Posted : 3/17/2014 7:47:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting information! Lemon balm does have a strong anxiolytic property. You would probably get an even better response from the fresh plant - there are no alkaloids in it, and most of the essential oil content evaporates with drying. It's an expensive oil to buy, because for a good yield you have to distill it on site - if you truck it down the road, most of the oil is already gone.

I've heard lemon balm (Melissa) described as a warm, female angel who hugs you and tells you it is all going to be okay.

I have also smelled a very high quality lemon balm essential oil that got all of us stoned for hours, laughing and giggling, and barely able to operate the car. I don't doubt the plant could add something to the Aya experience.

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 3/19/2014 8:52:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I've heard lemon balm (Melissa) described as a warm, female angel who hugs you and tells you it is all going to be okay.

YES. Recently started drinking lemon balm tea and that's what it feels like Smile

Kash
#7 Posted : 3/20/2014 4:01:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Interesting, will have to look into this for sure. I have some melissa, but dry herb is no good apparently?
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Sabnock
#8 Posted : 3/20/2014 4:06:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Kash wrote:
Interesting, will have to look into this for sure. I have some melissa, but dry herb is no good apparently?

Dry works, i use 4 grams of dried Lemon Balm, but fresh is said to work much better. I myself will be planting some Lemon Balm hopefully here in the next couple months. Can't wait to try the fresh leaves.

obliguhl
#9 Posted : 3/20/2014 8:47:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sabnock wrote:
Kash wrote:

Dry works, i use 4 grams of dried Lemon Balm, but fresh is said to work much better. I myself will be planting some Lemon Balm hopefully here in the next couple months. Can't wait to try the fresh leaves.

Two Teaspoons is what I use and it is enough to help me sleep in most cases. I originally learned about its psychoactive effects because a commerical kava product i sometimes use contains lemon balm. Now i know that without lemon balm, its effects wouldn't be as strong/typical.

MadPlanter
#10 Posted : 6/13/2014 1:34:32 AM

plant enthusiast

When should one consume the tea of the lemon balm while in the process of taking the other aya/pharma ingredients? Sounds kinda interesting. I have tons of lemon balm around including fresh!

Sabnock
#11 Posted : 6/17/2014 6:37:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I drink my Lemon Balm tea with the Harmalas/Rue.

concombres
#12 Posted : 11/8/2015 4:04:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sabnock wrote:
I drink my Lemon Balm tea with the Harmalas/Rue.

Since this thread has been revived what do you think about an anti-nausea blend sabnock?

I have been toying with the idea of a pre-journey tea using lemon balm, ginger root, chamomile, & peppermint.

First order of business is to test with large doses of purified harmalas from Syrian rue.

Starting with 250mg & working up to 450mg.

#13 Posted : 11/9/2015 4:19:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am not sure sabnock will respond.
Last seen 11 months ago...

third-eye-open
#14 Posted : 11/10/2015 5:31:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lemon balm is an admixture I seriously recommend trying. I drink several cups of lemon balm tea with slices of fresh ginger before pharma. The calming tea definitely counteracts the initial nausea.
I recommend growing it if you can. It's kind of ridiculously abundant where I live.
"Realty is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." -Lily Tomlin

The cosmos is viewed as a spontaneous act of ongoing creation arising out of a womb-like emptiness with unlimited potential.

Pile of cats
#15 Posted : 11/10/2015 9:37:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've tried it once and obviously there's many different things which could have caused what happened but the time I did try it, here's what happened:

Drank rue and followed it with drinking as much of my lemon balm tea as I could without feeling too sick. 40 minutes after the rue I drank my mimosa and sat down for about an hour waiting for it to hit me and I started feeling it coming on but it never went beyond a slight feeling. after an hour I purged and I spent the rest of my night lying down in my hammock. There were a few times where complex visuals flashed into view but disappeared almost instantly.

The next day I did the exact same dosage with the same timings minus the lemon balm and spent 4 hours in breakthrough territory.

Dosages were 4g rue 5g mimosa

I definitely had effects from the mimosa but they felt blocked from truly manifesting.

Oh and it might be worth mentioning too that the day after, I felt effects from the mimosa within 20 minutes and purged after about 40 minutes but that didn't seem to dial down the trip what so ever..

Really hard to know anything with ayahuasca, it's such a mysterious brew with how it seemingly works on its own accord

concombres
#16 Posted : 11/10/2015 2:29:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

third-eye-open wrote:
Lemon balm is an admixture I seriously recommend trying. I drink several cups of lemon balm tea with slices of fresh ginger before pharma. The calming tea definitely counteracts the initial nausea.
I recommend growing it if you can. It's kind of ridiculously abundant where I live.

Thumbs up i`m hoping iI react to it in the way you & sab do v.s. the way pile of cats does.

It seems like a godsend for me. Virtually all psyches (& most drugs with mdma & ketamine being the exception) cause me pretty bad nausea throughout the trip & mild to strong anxiety during the onset that fades once things smooth out.
I also have a very sensitive stomache & have the occasional bad week if I eat the wrong foods in the wrong portions (ie. Large amounts of bacon or red sauce & too much soda) even a single time.
I`d be more than happy to take out three birds with one stoneLaughing

Intezam
#17 Posted : 12/13/2015 11:25:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

concombres wrote:
I`d be more than happy to take out three birds with one stoneLaughing

Stop