We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
trip report (10x extract) Options

Koornut
#1 Posted : 11/7/2015 1:16:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So i was working the other night, helping a friend behind the bar at a warehouse rave/art-show spectacular. Being a drug and alcohol free event we were serving herbal concoctions (kava,cocoa etc), anyway I packed some salvia extract with me for when I finished work because It's good to change up the journey space I think.
I found an empty office/room with a beanbag, the drum and bass from the stage next door was vibing through the walls, but it was pitch black when I turned the lights off.
Perfect.
I measured a dose I was comfortable with (no scales but I trust my eyes to an extent) and hit the pipe, held it fully in and exhaled into oblivion.

The come up was slower than I typically experience, it surprised me though. Sort of snuck up without me realising what I was seeing.

A figure in a brilliant neon cloak filled my vision space, with a featureless face. The sleeves on the cloak were impossibly huge, waving left to right and in circles to the rolling rhythm of the bass coming through the walls. When it spoke (telepathy) it was constantly reminding me to ignore the music, ignore the music; It's not relevant here.
This dance continued for minutes and I was transfixed on the scene. Slowly fading away after what seemed like an eternity of squeezing me deep into the space between the cloaked figure and my own body on the beanbag.
This was by far the most vivid salvia experience I've had, but it adds another chapter to the running log of all experiences. Increasing the complexity of my relationship with it. I'm not sure how to interpret the message in this last one though but I think it could be that next time I need to try and block out as much sound and light as possible.
I'm really beginning to enjoy what salvia has to offer, it is so gentle.
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

RAM
#2 Posted : 11/7/2015 2:28:58 AM

Hail the keys!

Cool report; it's interesting that you say salvia is gentle as I have read a lot of conflicting experiences elsewhere. I have not had the privilege of trying it yet, so I cannot speak from my own experiences.

The sage-figure might have had more to tell you but maybe it was distracted by the music too! It sounds like this is worth trying again in an isolated environment, perhaps with headphones on, to see what else you can extrapolate from the experience. However one could also argue that such music summoned this entity, although it's impossible to say.

I once listened to classical music while on DMT and honestly I forgot that it was playing for a while, and it eventually became an annoyance. As much as it would be cool to use real-world art to inspire extremely deep out-of-body experiences, I'm not sure such integration is possible when you go under.
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

Spaced Out 2
#3 Posted : 11/7/2015 9:47:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice report Sphorange,

Could it be that because of it being more gentle is a result of it being 10x?
The reason I ask is myself like RAM have not had the pleasure of trying Salvia and am curious as all hell about it. Would love to experience Salvia space.

Again like RAM, I prefer no music, noise or light for that matter on a dmt trip, I've tried on several occasions but found it too distracting on the come up. So now I just do it in silence and I know it's a preference and might be different say with Aya. I'm assuming for myself it would probably be the same with Salvia.

Thanks for the trip report Thumbs up

Peace

Koornut
#4 Posted : 11/8/2015 12:06:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@RAM
Every time I do it my expectations are to be ripped to shreds and re-built a la the youtube videos of silly kids dosing each other with ridiculously strong extracts on camera, but am always pleasantly surprised by how gentle an experience it is. If you get the chance man I highly recommend. This is one plant that I would love to have in my garden one day. I feel as though the lessons to be gained from having a deep relationship with it are unbounded.
I'm very curious about the interactions between external stimuli (or lack thereof) and salvia space, I'm trying to keep the set and setting as novel as possible each time I experiment, to see what differences there are/not.
My next journey I'm planning on wearing ear protecting headphones to drown out all audio, but with hyper-intense light stimulus (a really bright/white room or one with a strobe light) to act as the opposite of this report. But sounds are harder to suppress in this day and age, living in a city especially. I think i'll need to be away from any machine hum.

@Spaced Out 2
Thanks man, I've only ever had 10x (lucky to have it actually) so I don't have a comparison but considering the strength of extracts that are available these days I'd agree that It most definitely played a role in the gentle nature of all my journeys. If you can find, I highly recommend it too Very happy
The only other time I had DMT I had some random youtube Icaros playing and I feel it had a large effect on my trip, no breakthroughs or anything but the visual feed I experienced was being influenced by the sounds heavily. I think I'll tend towards sensual deprivation next time too, it does seem a might distracting.

It's intriguing though, the stark comparisons between the experiential field of each different substance. They each seem to take you to completely different planets (for lack of a better word) and the come up/down are instinctively different.
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Spaced Out 2
#5 Posted : 11/8/2015 2:07:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the recommendation, I look forward to trying it one day when I can get my hands on some, I wish I wouldn't have procrastinated when it was legal Confused But from the sounds of it I think I would like a weaker dose like yours or to try the quid method which seems to be gentle as well. Thanks againThumbs up

Peace

kerelsk
#6 Posted : 11/8/2015 4:39:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sphorange wrote:
A figure in a brilliant neon cloak filled my vision space, with a featureless face. The sleeves on the cloak were impossibly huge, waving left to right and in circles to the rolling rhythm of the bass coming through the walls. When it spoke (telepathy) it was constantly reminding me to ignore the music, ignore the music; It's not relevant here.

I get this feeling when I've been chewing sage. I'm lying down in a dark room with headphones listening to light psytrance or something, but I feel compelled to turn off the music once I realize I'm there. The Mazatecs say that it really should be done in silent darkness.
There's something about the trance that doesn't lend itself to following the beat of music.

Sphorange wrote:
I'm really beginning to enjoy what salvia has to offer, it is so gentle.

I feel this! I'm seeing a lot of similarities between salvia and cannabis. Neither one could be called 'gentle' in large doses, but in smaller doses they have a quality of barely touching you. It's more like a peripheral shift.

Not to mention the side effect profile, I haven't felt any bodily resistance from sage aside from feeling a little hot. No cardiovascular issues, nausea, trembling, or hangover. At the same time while it's happening my body feels like pins and needles or morphing into a hyperspace.