We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSA extraction, trip rapport, and problems. Options

dagengreger
#1 Posted : 10/31/2015 6:09:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys. I will post SWIMs first try on making LSA in the kitchen lab.

SWIM followed Kash advanced LSA extraction. But it seems SWIM ran into problems along the way.
If someone here could help SWIM, it would be lovley..
SWIM will later in this post explain what the trip felt like haha.

This is What SWIM did or didn't do properly Pleased

The acetone Wash works extremely well and SWIM is left with a green goo.
After this SWIM mixes the ph 3 distilled water into the the goo and mixes well.
and then defat with naphta
This also seems to work well for SWIM.

The problems start when SWIM add the ammonia.
SWIM get the ph 9,5 but then SWIM see crystals forming on the glass jar when adding the xylene
The jar that contains the green water goo, gets crystal forming along the walls.

When SWIM then later pulls the xylene to the evaporation jar, it seems that a lot of crystals are still in the jar where the lsa was freebased. (this makes SWIM wonder if he looses a lot of the product along the way, since evaporation is done in an other jar?)
In the jar there there are 2 layers, one with the green water, and one with the xylene.
In between there is emulsion or a light yellow foam, (this SWIM has discarded along with the water layer, hopefully this is what should be done right?)

After this it takes about 3 days for the xylene to evaporate, and SWIM added some tartaric acid ethanol and distiild water and drank the mix with pepparmint oil.

Since SWIM was totally convinced he had failed the extraction since there was almost no crystals in the jar after the evaporation
all 100 seeds was pinned down.

TRIP RAPPORT
After about 40 minutes the feeling started to kick in, SWIM got extremely happy. a lot of energy started to flow and the head started to make some interesting thinking, this lasted about 1-2 hours.
After 2 hours SWIM got extremely tired, almost as if SWIM had taken morphine or something.
THis lasted for the rest of the day about 6-8 hours,

SWIM was super relaxed, and almost a drunk feeling, except no nausea. This was one of the most happy feelings SWIM had ever experienced. Really euphoric, and really relaxed, extremely clear in the mind, though no CEV or OEV, no psychedelic feeling insight, so SWIM defiantly made something wrong. SInce SWIM had made an body load x 100 but no psychedelic Sad.
Probably some green goo, was still in the extraction, and there was almost no crystals visable when evaporation was done

SWIM has some wonders.

Maybe the yellow foam (emulsion) should be saved?
Maybe the ph 9.5 was maybe 10,5 and the ph meter was off?
Maybe the evaporation of the xylene takes to long 3-4 days making the LSA evaporate?
Maybe all the LSA formed on the glass jar where the green water was discarded? and there fore no crystals in the evaporation jar?

Do anyone of you maybe know what SWIM did wrong.

Thank you...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

daspaismusflo
#2 Posted : 11/1/2015 3:16:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just curious, why did you want to go for the advanced extraction when Panoramix's easy simple superlative tek is just naphtha wash and consume grinded seeds or acetone extract from seeds the crude lsa?

To answer your question though someone who isn't you, when you add the ammonia it should turn yellow not stay green so double check the ph there. Sometimes crystals can be stubbornly tenatious along the walls, I have had this happen in both dmt and harmala extractions. Fresh water and a bit of heat can help. How many pulls did you do with xylene? If I were you I would put the green solution in to another jar and then wash the crystals on the side of the cjar and do another xylene pull on it. How did your previous xylene pulls turn out, are you pulling some crystals still? Also, that light yellow emulsion could be the LSA as it is bright yellow when freebased, did you shake or stir? Did you evap your xylene under a fan in the open? Might be quicker that way but I think LSA is actually kind of unstable with wind and light. Srsly though, Panoramixs tek is way easier and apparantly there is reports on here say no body load on acetone extract, slight body load on just plain naphtha washed seeds. Hope that helps, shame to waste 100 seeds on an advanced extraction.

dagengreger
#3 Posted : 11/1/2015 10:21:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WoW just thank you for that answer.
Well SWIM likes to go advanced since purity is was made SWIM drool Very happy But if this isn't successful.
SWIM will get sad and go with the panoramix tek.

OK ammonia seems off then, cos it it gets green not yellow.
Also SWIMs shakes the jar. not stir.
The xylene is evaporated in darkness under a aquarium with a hole made in a fan that blows the air out through a chimney.

So basically, if SWIM did the ammonia so it turned yellow.
Pulled 3 times with xylene.
Did a distilled water cleans in the jar to get all the crystals out, after discarding the yellow water layer, and then put in a bit of xylene and do a last pull.
And also saved the yellow emulsion.

Everything would maybe work out. Very happy ? Maybe Very happy

Thanks for the response in SWIMS mind it seems the ammonia is the biggest problem here.

daspaismusflo
#4 Posted : 11/1/2015 11:58:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dagengreger wrote:
WoW just thank you for that answer.
Well SWIM likes to go advanced since purity is was made SWIM drool Very happy But if this isn't successful.
SWIM will get sad and go with the panoramix tek.

OK ammonia seems off then, cos it it gets green not yellow.
Also SWIMs shakes the jar. not stir.
The xylene is evaporated in darkness under a aquarium with a hole made in a fan that blows the air out through a chimney.

So basically, if SWIM did the ammonia so it turned yellow.
Pulled 3 times with xylene.
Did a distilled water cleans in the jar to get all the crystals out, after discarding the yellow water layer, and then put in a bit of xylene and do a last pull.
And also saved the yellow emulsion.

Everything would maybe work out. Very happy ? Maybe Very happy

Thanks for the response in SWIMS mind it seems the ammonia is the biggest problem here.

Ah hah, well you might want to check your ammonia purity MSDS or your ph pen. As for your emulsions you should stir in or just roll not shake violently unless your emulsions fade away quick but emulsions cause problems making lsa go into xylene.

Wicked aqarium idea, that is genius.

Do not discard the yellow water layer, that is most probably the LSA as it turns yellow on basing. Also you might notice that your naphtha defats pulled yellow stuff (bad gunk) too but that is irrelevant. unless you have bulk seeds like hundreds then I would just be safe and do an easy panoramix tek on them, so quick so effective Thumbs up

Also, using SWIM is redundant on here.

dagengreger
#5 Posted : 11/1/2015 6:59:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah the aquarium is quite a good ide, since xylene contaminates the whole building with smell. Pleased hehe

Hmm ok the ph meter shall be checked.
An no shaking with xylene ;D

Regarding the Green/yellow water layer, this is what kash is saying.

" Now its time to freebase the LSA so it can be extracted from the water layer. Add a small amount of ammonia (around 1 ml) to solution until it changes to a light yellow color. PH should be roughly 9-10.
8. Quickly add 50 ml toluene or DCM to the solution and mix well for 15-20 minutes. After, seperate the layers with syringe and set aside the 50 ml of toluene or DCM in a glass. Repeat this step 1 or 2 more times depending on how scrupulous you want to be. Afterwards, discard your yellow/green water layer."

are u saying evaporate this? and do a xylene pull??
Or are you referring to the yellow foam (emulsion) i was talking about?

Regarding the panoramix, i dont fully grasp all the details of it, since kash had some real guidelines to when to pull when to stir, what to discard and so on. Kash tek seemed easier.

thank you again for answering.. i'd love to get my head around this..

daspaismusflo
#6 Posted : 11/3/2015 3:04:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dagengreger wrote:
Yeah the aquarium is quite a good ide, since xylene contaminates the whole building with smell. Pleased hehe

Hmm ok the ph meter shall be checked.
An no shaking with xylene ;D

Regarding the Green/yellow water layer, this is what kash is saying.

" Now its time to freebase the LSA so it can be extracted from the water layer. Add a small amount of ammonia (around 1 ml) to solution until it changes to a light yellow color. PH should be roughly 9-10.
8. Quickly add 50 ml toluene or DCM to the solution and mix well for 15-20 minutes. After, seperate the layers with syringe and set aside the 50 ml of toluene or DCM in a glass. Repeat this step 1 or 2 more times depending on how scrupulous you want to be. Afterwards, discard your yellow/green water layer."

are u saying evaporate this? and do a xylene pull??
Or are you referring to the yellow foam (emulsion) i was talking about?

Regarding the panoramix, i dont fully grasp all the details of it, since kash had some real guidelines to when to pull when to stir, what to discard and so on. Kash tek seemed easier.

thank you again for answering.. i'd love to get my head around this..

The yellow emulsions is probably the LSA but you shaked it which caused it to stay in the emulsion. There is also still more LSA in the green solution becuase it isn't based enough with ammonia. You can evaporate it and use xylene to pull it as you suggested to me but you will have to stick it all in a coffe grinder so that it is powder, not only that it will take ages to dry out properly. Just base it properly, wait for the emulsion to clear and pull it.

Next time, if you don't just use panoramix from now on, make sure the solution turns yellow and do not shake.