We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
From hyperspace into diaperspace Options

zehnli
#1 Posted : 10/26/2015 9:45:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good day fellows. Quite recently I became father of a cute baby.

I used to have a lifestyle of ambitious/over using of different recreational and psychedelic drugs. I drank a lot too. Then I met my girl and I slowed down. That was good. The day she told me she was pregnant, I quit using anything, so we could grow mentally and spiritually in the same pace towards parenthood.

Now we have a nice 15 days old new friend.

I've often wondered what would be the healthiest way to raise a child, from the perspective of drugs. In my experience, a too strict attitude towards drugs from the parents to the child, will decrease the possibility of an open, honest discussion based on values instead of accusations. This would mean that I (until a certain limit) accept the child's choices to use substances.

I also believe that accurate, constructive information can change a persons attitude towards drugs. I'd rather inform my child, when he asks, about effects, uses, risks, etc. of different drugs, so if he wants he can make a well-based decision.

However, I don't want to stimulate the interest of the child too crazily. I obviously don't want to be the driving force behind his psychoactive compound consumptions.

As I see it now, I will use some drugs every now and then. I will try not to do this in front of my child too much. And in a cautious, reasonable matter.

What are your ideas on raising a child, in relation to psychoactive explorations?

(I must admit that the idea of ever smoking DMT with my child seems very beautiful Smile)

The party is as great as your own ambitions

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

RAM
#2 Posted : 10/26/2015 10:18:26 PM

Hail the keys!

Congrats on your child! It's great to hear a fellow Nexian brought a new person into the world. Smile

Regarding your question, there was a large thread on this rather recently called "Psychedelics and Offspring." Check it out!
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

Nathanial.Dread
#3 Posted : 10/26/2015 10:34:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Congratulations Smile

I would say put a pin in this thought for now. With a 15 day-old baby, you're going to have enough on your plate that worrying (or even using) any drugs will be off the table. It'll be a while yet before you have to start worrying about how they might interact with the complex world of mind-altering drugs.

I'd keep your use away from them while they're young, of course, especially since the Powers That Be come down a LOT harder on your if you're using with a small child in the house, and there will be time enough to ask these questions and have these conversations, when they are older.

Enjoy this moment for what it is. It's a beautiful one that's over all too soon.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."