We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Using harmalas + melatonin + binaural beats to induce lucid dreams Options

universecannon
#1 Posted : 1/12/2013 12:54:00 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

So i thought i would make my response to the potentiating lucid dreams thread into one of its own, because its an interesting topic and i'd like to see if others have experiences with something like this...and if maybe anyone would like to try my wierd method, or each others methods and see if they work or not

So I accidently stumbled onto one method that for me is a very reliable way to induce a lucid dreams, although its much more trippy than a typical lucid dream tends to be...i simply take a medium dose of harmalas...say anywhere from 50-100mg (but more can work to..sometimes i just use caapi or rue tea)... along with around 30-70mg of melatonin (it might work with much less or none, but it is very safe at these dosages), and lay down while listening to binaural beats (usually 432hz) with headphones and slow my breathing down. It helps to spread a blanket on the carpet with a pillow and just lay on the floor for some reason...It also helps a lot if i do some yoga and meditation before all this, and set my mind on intending to enter a lucid dream..although i usually just meditate

Now this usually isn't anywhere near a psychedelic dose of harmalas i'm taking...not nearly enough to induce those full blown visionary/out of body experience that they are capable of on their own, at least... I was just doing this many nights in a row because i enjoyed it and i'd always feel great the next day...but i realized that probably 80% of the time i did this i would wind up in a very odd lucid dream during the experience (i should note that in the dream i often feel as though i'd taken a full dose of ayahuasca. this almost always happens to me when i take a good dose of harmalas before bed, or if i fall asleep on pharma/aya with dmt invovled)

the important part is that i often don't immediately realize i'm dreaming while in this space (which is not just one of those harmala-'dream' trance experience that you tend snap out of once you realize your in it), and i will still have my same headphones on my dream-body's head, playing the same binaural beats...

the funny thing is that once i take the headphones off in the dream, i'll still hear the sound of the binaural beats blasting at me from all directions, and this is the cue to me that i'm actually in a dream...so then from there on i'm lucid. This has happened to me countless times and its really wierd how reliable a thing it is

if anyone else has tried something like this, or wants to, let me know how it goes! im curious to see if the odd headphones cue is something that would happen to other people

i should work on perfecting it i guess...especially since the dreams i become lucid in are often filled with synesthesia and are far more interesting than my normally induced lucid dreams...but i'm lazy Big grin

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Wax
#2 Posted : 1/15/2013 11:12:19 PM

LUVR

30-70mg melatonin? That makes me groggy just thinking about it. Do you think this would work with a lower dosage of melatonin, say the normal 3mg?

I took 30mg sublingual harmine before bed last night and had some realistic dreams, although I'm not sure how much it actually potentiated them. I went to bed with the intention of trying to fly and only after waking up at 2am and falling back to sleep was I able to become somewhat lucid and jump up and stick myself to a wall Very happy

I think tonight I will try drinking the rest of my harmine, about 130mg I believe. I have never combined melatonin with harmalas though, can you give a little insight into what I should expect when combining them?
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Lumos
#3 Posted : 1/31/2013 1:10:47 AM

Live the life out of life!

Idosers are awesome; there is actually a good amount of science behind it. However the ones that are supposed to emulate a drug seem to be mostly placebo, at least in my experience. The ones for meditation and lucid dreaming on the other hand have some real use.
We have chosen this life for a reason, and it is our purpose to understand why.

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced; live your life so that when you pass, the world cries and you rejoice.

Only those who are willing to go too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Ufostrahlen
#4 Posted : 4/9/2015 3:29:47 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

universecannon wrote:
and lay down while listening to binaural beats (usually 432hz) with headphones and slow my breathing down.

Quick comment: 432hz is the carrier frequency. For lucid dreaming one needs a theta/delta EEG frequency (~9-3.8hz). This means one mono channel with 432hz right and one mono channel with 440hz left for a 8hz binaural beat. The theta frequency is also associated with mediation, so listing to BB while in mediation is likely to potentiate the outcome.

Source: Thomas Yushak's papers and frequency analysis from the Monroe tapes.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 4/9/2015 6:19:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I happen to have in my possession a generous amount of full spectrum alkaloid extract of both Syrian rue and caapi vine, as well as a large amount of pure melatonin powder (with the intention/hope/ of converting it to pinoline...this definitely sounds like the next best thing!!)

I've already noticed some interesting phenomena combining melatonin and beta-carbolines...I've experienced floaty, detached feelings as well as vibrations and a feeling of twisting around my third eye area in separate experiments. Have some binaural and isochronic beats and other things in my possession also so this realm of experimentation sounds right up my street. You, sir, have a partner in crime! (When I get back home from Africa).

slewb
#6 Posted : 4/12/2015 6:35:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How do you go about converting melatonin to pinoline? Outside of eating it and letting it happen in your brains.

#7 Posted : 4/12/2015 6:57:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Wax wrote:

I went to bed with the intention of trying to fly and only after waking up at 2am and falling back to sleep was I able to become somewhat lucid and jump up and stick myself to a wall Very happy

Big grin

Bancopuma
#8 Posted : 4/18/2015 3:23:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A free downloadable half hour Beta-Alpha-Theta binaural clip here, made by a guy with a great deal of experience with meditation and OBE's. Meant to be good for aiding people get into a meditational or trance state, and be helpful preparation for lucid dreaming and OBE practice.

http://www.multidimensio...ds_-_Binaural_Beats.html

Ufostrahlen
#9 Posted : 4/18/2015 4:35:35 PM

Bancopuma wrote:
A free downloadable half hour Beta-Alpha-Theta binaural clip here, made by a guy with a great deal of experience with meditation and OBE's. Meant to be good for aiding people get into a meditational or trance state, and be helpful preparation for lucid dreaming and OBE practice.

http://www.multidimensio...ds_-_Binaural_Beats.html

JZ's track is nice, I like the Tibetan monk OM soundtrack. But it never had a real lucid effect on me, I listened to it numerous times... Confused I blame it on my hard head, as other BB methods failed me, too - or shall I say, after listing to Monroes freq for hours + a special substance mix I gained near lucidity. The multidimensionalman BB is suboptimal as I really need long and droney BB tracks that go for hours. But it serves as a good ramp for the theta state.

If one likes the MDM-BB then another idea would be to listen to the MDM-BB for 30min to ramp on to the theta state and then listen to the below attached BB mp3. It's a custom designed BB (3.8-4.2 Hz theta/delta BB freq on a 100-400 Hz carrier freq mixed with pink sound) inspired by the Monroe freqs in 320kbit/LR stereo quality.

If one is familiar with the Monroe books, here is the frequency table used for different Focus states (from Focus 23 up to Focus 27, "the Park" - lower Focus states and DIY instructions can be looked up here)

E.g. a Focus 26 beat has 5 carrier frequencies (400-900 Hz) which are played simultaneously at different db levels (n.a.) and a theta/delta BB frequency ranging from 3.9-4.2 Hz.

Quote:
Focus 22 - place where people with `loose, chaotic thoughts' go after
death
Focus 24 - belief system territories, place where dogmatically
inclined people go when dead
Focus 27 - the park, a way-station, a place of high creativity, a
stepping stone to areas beyond.

F23 400[3.9], 503[4.0], 600[4.0], 750[3.9], 900[4.0]

F24 50[0.75], 400[3.9], 503[4.0], 600[4.0], 750[4.0], 900[4.0]

F25 503[4.0], 600[4.0], 750[4.0], 900[4.0]

F26 400[3.9], 503[4.2], 600[4.0], 750[4.0], 900[4.0]

F27 Same as F26

Example: The notation 503[4.2] should be understood to
represent a beat frequency of 4.2 Hz between two carriers
equally separated from 503 Hz (i.e., 500.9 and 505.1 Hz).

Although the frequencies were measured, the relative amplitudes of the tones were not, so the results will not be completely identical to those from the Monroe Institute tapes.

Source:

focus.txt
http://uazu.net/sbagen/#download

Quote:
Masking binaural beats with pink sound does not decrease their effectiveness.
Note: Pink sound is mixed with Hemi-Sync's binaural beats to provide a sensory integration link with out-of-body experiences. Research has shown that noise does not obscure the initial perception of binaural beats and it provides a ganzfeld environment conducive to altering states of consciousness.

http://web.archive.org/w...ch/hemisync/process.html

Commands for the custom7.mp3
Code:
sbagen.exe -oW custom7.wav -L 00:10 -m river1.ogg -i mix/20 pink/15 100+3.8/25 150+3.9/20 200+4.0/15 300+4.1/10 400+4.2/5
lame.exe -b 320 -m s -q 0 custom7.wav custom7.mp3

Another idea is to turn your Android device into a BB player with Gnaural for Android:
https://play.google.com/...ails?id=org.gnaural.lite

You can then specifically adjust the carrier frequency and the BB frequency for experimentation, add isochronic tones or just use the meditation templates:

Quote:
Gnaural for Android is a true sound synthesizer, creating and mixing CD quality sound from user-programmed instructions without relying on pre-made sound files.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Leithen
#10 Posted : 9/28/2015 12:08:19 AM

Be Here Now

When bringing the frequency down to theta/ delta do you want it to be so gradual that you fall asleep before it reaches delta or so that it reaches there just before your fall asleep?

Of course it would be hard to time perfectly, just wondering what is ideal.

Also, would any of you recommend listening to BB in waking meditation first or is it just as effective to immediately try at night/ during sleep? I have been told by someone that it is a good idea to familiarize your brain with the beats first before using them while asleep. She said they will be much more effective this way.

Thanks for all the great info and help!
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

Ufostrahlen
#11 Posted : 10/14/2015 9:23:18 AM

Leithen wrote:
When bringing the frequency down to theta/ delta do you want it to be so gradual that you fall asleep before it reaches delta or so that it reaches there just before your fall asleep?

It doesn't need to be gradual, your brain snaps into a frequency after 7-10min listening to a BB.
So listening to a delta BB should result in a delta awareness after 7-10min. I remember the Monroe Institute saying that they put participants of their course to sleep with BB.

Quote:
Also, would any of you recommend listening to BB in waking meditation first or is it just as effective to immediately try at night/ during sleep? I have been told by someone that it is a good idea to familiarize your brain with the beats first before using them while asleep. She said they will be much more effective this way.

Of course you can use the BB for waking meditation. The more you meditate, the more it's likely you become a lucid dreamer.

Meditation/lucid dreaming/OBEs correlate:

https://www.psychologyto...ation-and-lucid-dreaming

Here's a post by Tom Campbell about BBs. He was the sidekick of Bob Monroe and can be called the co-inventor of Hemi-Sync.

http://www.my-big-toe.co...=5056&p=22957#p22957

And a YT-link with TC where he talks about meditation (min 3:00-30:00): https://youtu.be/lU7jEMMMvhI?t=2m55s (don't let the drug talk discourage you, he speaks in general terms)