We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
An experience with Iboga Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 7/13/2009 6:11:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Iboga reports seem quite thin on the ground, so I thought I’d share this if it is of interest to anybody.

I had been in email contact with a healer for a while, who uses iboga and ayahuasca to treat people with drug addictions. We have been exchanging info for ages, and he really knows his stuff on the plants. He offered me a fair price for an iboga initiation with him is only a few hundred pounds, as oppose to a few thousand elsewhere, and being a once in a lifetime experience, I leapt on the chance. I wasn’t addicted to anything; I just want to experience what the iboga root has to offer. It is the healing and spiritual sacrament of central Africa, from the forest, the place where we as a species first evolved.

Before the ceremony I’m asked to get two feathers, a black, oval stone and a shoelace. A rock and a coconut, and a bucket for vomiting are also required.

The key with Iboga is to take it gradually, to let your system adjust to it. I ingest my first gelcap of 7x Iboga extract. The extract is good in that it has 12 other alkaloids as well as the ibogaine...the whole root alkaloids seem to provide a richer, fuller and smoother experience than pure ibogaine according to the healer, whose first experience was with pure ibogaine.

I take another capsule every 45 minutes or so, I’m not sure. I begin to feel a shift…I feel chilled and calm. The healer can see it in me to. He remarks that my eyes are glazed, dreamy, and some lines have smoothed out in my face.

Then my vision starts to shift. If I move my eyes or blinks, there is a flash of light, very similar to drinking too much Syrian Rue tea if anyone else has done that. I begin to feel a little dizzy with a slight stomach awareness, so lie down on my bed. I can feel the iboga flooding my brain, I notice my centre of gravity and balance is being affected…it feels like waves of energy are lapping at my sides, gently pushing me around.

This state lasts for a while. It is important not to move much now. Getting up suddenly will result in profound dizziness and vomiting. The healer says iboga takes you on a trip through the invisible, and when you’re travelling there, you can’t move in the real world, or you will get BAD motion sickness. There is some visual activity behind closed eyes, a shimmering of pixels, but no solid forms, but it is still early days in the experience. Visions could be expected to begin by around 6 hours in.

The healer tells if I see any tunnels, to try and go down them, as they made lead to dream vision sequences, so I do this, with visual activity and colour taking on more form with time.

And then…very suddenly…I’m there. A large eye materialises very suddenly in the centre of my vision. According to the healer, this is my third eye/crown chakra/pineal gland, which the Iboga has activated. I have the strong feeling that this is not some hallucination, and that I’m actually witnessing a layer of awareness usually hidden to me. The eye has a roving pupil that spins around. It remains with me now for two days, in the top centre of my mind screen with eyes closed. There is a vortex of energy that connects the eye to my head, like a small tornado, and this is always in motion. If I close my eyes now, I can still see a beam emitting from the centre of my vision. The healer says this will be with me forever, and meditation can harness its power. This was very interesting to me as I had always considered the third eye idea new agey and maybe without any tangible basis. But I was experiencing it tangibly for sure!

The healer tells me to keep an eye out for a tunnel, which will lead me to the iboga realm. Not long at all after meeting the eye, a serpentine like tunnel of energy appears from very far off in my vision behind closed eyelids. It opens in the bottom half of my vision, opposite the eye at the top. So down the tunnel I go, down into the iboga realm. At this point the healer smashes a coconut with a rock, to symbolise the breaking open the head ritual.

A quick note on the physical experience of iboga...it is no pleasure trip. And yet I never experienced any anxiety or fear. Your body is numbed, dead to the world, glued to the ground, unable to move, it’s like the iboga wants you anaesthetised so it can do its thing. It is in the mind where the iboga’s energy is focused, a definite cerebral orientation. It is with eyes closed that the visions unfold. With open eyes, there are tracers, and a few lights, but nothing compared to the scenes unfolding in the darkness behind closed eyelids. I will note though, that iboga is both incredibly powerful, and yet also has a gentle touch; ‘powerful like a gorilla, yet soft in wielding like a nerf dart’ to quote Homer Simpson.

Now things start to get more intense. The healer puts on a CD of Bwiti mouth harp music on repeat. Now my brain started to undergo a powerful defrag, with the left and right hemispheres exchanging information, balancing. This is going on as dream visions are unfolding.

I start flashing back to past childhood memories. I find it very hard; nigh on impossible to keep any train of thought...iboga has the reigns now. I’m told the Bwiti music, which is very repetitive, yet not intrusive or boring in the slightest, is altering my brain waves, facilitating information between my brains two hemispheres.

Information, in the form of images and lots of DNA helixes, move around the outer field of my vision, between hemispheres, in an anticlockwise motion. I have many images of old filing cabinets and cupboards in my brain being emptied and cleaned out…the healer tells me iboga like to spring clean, and get rid of excess baggage that isn’t needed. I do some spring cleaning in my brain, assisted by the Bwiti music.

I seem to enter the realm of the ancestors, but not for long. I get images of people walking and then collapsing, and then see four African women huddled together peering at me. I see a few heads and skulls. I’m only in this realm for a very short while. In total I’ve ingested around 20g worth of iboga rootbark, equivalent to a roughly a gram and a quarter of ibogaine, quite a high dose, so I shoot through the ancestor realm, into deeper realms beyond.

The visions can be quite dark at times. The healer says if the visions become too intense, opening one’s eyes will interrupt them. I never feel the need to do this though.

Somewhere around this point I had one of my most profound experiences of all. Throughout the experience, in my room in the dark, I’ve been wearing a mindfold. Very suddenly, firstly the walls, and then my entire room comes into focus.

Let me please make this clear. I COULD SEE THE LAYOUT OF MY ROOM WITH MY EYES CLOSED. This was no illusion or hallucination. When I held up my arm in front of me, I could see my arm clearly through the mindfold! The room was lit in a silvery gray light.

I know this will be very hard to believe, but I swear on my life this is what I experienced. I was amazed and shared this with the healer…he was less surprised than I. From his iboga use he could see rooms in the dark while sober now. Apparently hunters in Africa sometimes hunt at night on a little iboga, it giving superior night vision which I can definitely believe.

This wasn’t an isolated occurrence. My being able to see the layout of the room lasted for the next 18 hours at least. I could will this power into being just by thinking about it. If I wished to be aware of the my walls and floor, and I would will my awareness to that area. This was an experience I will never forget. I have ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT that I was seeing with my eyes closed. This, I thought, was impossible. But clearly I must have been seeing with my mind’s eye. I don’t know…but I know the experience was real.

The visions were very powerful at some points. Solid and massive objects in my closed eye visions would levitate, and then fly out of the room, or the scope of my vision on their own accord. I did purge at some point, which was a pleasant release.

While it was very hard to maintain a train of thought, in other ways you could direct iboga. The healer recommended that if any nasty visions unfolded, all is required is to ‘track the love’ and negative visions would be enveloped in good lovin’ vibes.

A really incredible experience of iboga that I had later on in the vision phase is that any thought I would have, would be projected in a vivid 3D image behind closed eyelids. So anything in the universe you could think of, an image would be summoned before you, to examine three-dimensionally! And via your will alone you could move and rotate this image or change it how you saw fit. This was interesting as the great inventor Nikola Tesla describes experiencing similar mind states to this during his life, and they seemed to have been very important to his work.

I continued to clean away files, and empty cabinets. Later on in the experience, I checked these cabinets, and they were all empty and clean, having all ready being cleared out. An interesting experience with the iboga was that once you had dealt with a vision, you could push it outside your scope of vision, where it would dissolve from whence it came.

At one point, something appeared in the left hand side of the vision, some nebulae of matter, and I watched it with my left eye, which it lined up with, before turning around and turning into an exact mirror image of my left eyeball! The healer thought this was funny, and said this was the nature of iboga.

In the iboga state, you are effectively in a waking dream. Your brain is in deep REM, and so you don’t require sleep. I didn’t get a any sleep (or eat any food) for two days. And yet I never felt tired or hungry. Despite being confined to bed for nearly two days, I was NEVER bored, not even for a second. It rained later in the night when the healer went to get some rest, and the sound of the rainfall sounded exactly like the Bwiti mouth harp music, as my brain had been entrained, listening to it on repeat for 20+ hours!

Some friends came over to drink ayahuasca the following evening, and it was really good to have them around. I felt calm and centred, but was unable to walk without feeling sick and dizzy, so chilled a bit more. At one point I drank too much water to quickly and vomited lots of green bile, which made me feel better though.

I felt at peace, yet also blank in my mind. The healer explained that my slate had been wiped clean, and that it would be around day five or six after iboga that I would be a new man. The main visual and introspective experience lasted 36 hours. On waking up on Sunday, I encountered the most incredible liquid tracers I have ever seen. The noribogaine had taken over the ibogaine, and my brain was saturated in dopamine, which was giving rise to the incredible tracers.

Around Sunday lunch time I went for a walk, it being nice and sunny after a rainy start. My friends left, and I did some uni work until 3AM on Sunday night before handing it in on Monday morning.

In the iboga afterglow I feel really good. I felt strong, energised, euphoric and positive. Ibogaine gets converted to noribogaine by the liver which is responsible for a large part of the afterglow. Ibogaine is lipophilic, and gets stored in body fats and is gradually converted into noribogaine over months following the flood session. Ibogaine also causes a long term increase in levels of a brain protein called glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) which is a powerful neuroprotective factor that protects dopamingergic neurons and encourages sprouting of new neurons (levels are also increased through exercise and exposure to sunlight).

I found this experience really hard to put into words, but gave it a shot anyway. This experience I would say is one of the most important life experiences of my nearly 25 years being alive (at the time) on this planet. The power of iboga is something else…there is NOTHING else ever remotely like it. How nature has come up with such an incredible tool and medicine is itself amazing. Remember that iboga achieves what ayahuasca does in a single plant, with an MAOI built into its molecular structure.

I think here in the West, iboga is a plant more of us could do with listening to. To any seekers and dreamers out there, I would encourage you to open your mind to the possibility of working with this plant…it seems like very few people out there have fully experienced it, which is a shame. It is absolutely imperative you experience this plant with respect and do your research so it can be used safely and effectively.

One key message I got from this experience that has stayed with me to this day is the importance of cultivating new opportunities and experiences. If you are passive then sure you will get a few of these come your way. But if you are active in cultivating these, you will be rewarded in more ways you cannot perceive, so it suggested I get out there, make some ripples on the cosmic pond, and who knows where they can be surfed them to, or how they will reflect onto others of myself in positive ways.

The healer says to wait until day 6, and this is where the healing really begins, so it is still very much early days… Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 7/13/2009 6:52:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
That sounds like a fantastic experience. I'm curious to hear any further developments since, like you said, it's supposed to have a long lasting effect.

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 7/13/2009 7:10:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll be sure to post any further developments. I emailed the healer and said how good I was feeling now...he said to wait until day 6! He said the post experience glow will last 6 months, other changes will be permanent. Certainly my perspectives have changed... I have a little rootbark he had spare as well as some from Maya...he said you can take 200-500mg a day in the morning, will prolong the healing, but important to wait until after day 5 when this Iboga has finished patterning my brain.

thepureskunk
#4 Posted : 7/13/2009 8:08:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow man that sounds quite the journey Shocked

It's wierd but I've had the same visual effect of being able to see with my eyes closed on ketamine. I've moved my hands in front of my eyes and have been able to see them!

Looking forward to reading how it all pans out for you over the next few days/weeks.

Thanks for the wonderful report, peace Smile
acolon_5 wrote:
Welcome to club hypersex.

I've been there too...it is amazing.

balaganist
#5 Posted : 7/13/2009 9:40:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing, sounds like a deep, moving and cleansing experience.
Congratulations, and good luck becoming a new man!!

Peace to you.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

polytrip
#6 Posted : 7/14/2009 4:01:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
thepureskunk wrote:
Wow man that sounds quite the journey Shocked

It's wierd but I've had the same visual effect of being able to see with my eyes closed on ketamine. I've moved my hands in front of my eyes and have been able to see them!

Looking forward to reading how it all pans out for you over the next few days/weeks.

Thanks for the wonderful report, peace Smile

Ketamine and iboga share some pharmacological mechanisms. Ibogaine works on more receptors, though.

jamie
#7 Posted : 7/14/2009 4:38:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Great reoprt man!!..you got some balls! I have wanted to try iboga for quite some time. Nice to hear others having such postive experiences!
Long live the unwoke.

MalargueZiggy
#8 Posted : 7/14/2009 7:36:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice post man. I've been intrigued by Iboga for a few years now, but haven't yet got it together to do it, to avoid an experience like your first one. I reckon it's definitely the right plan to do it with someone experienced who can guide you through the different stages.

I remember at some point in another discussion about Iboga someone raised the point that it seems to stop dmt's potency (or had done for someone they knew, I can't remember the details). Maybe you're in a position now to comment on that?

"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

Bancopuma
#9 Posted : 7/15/2009 12:01:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey y'all thanks for the feedback. I haven't tried any DMT or much of anything since the Iboga. I am avoiding other psychedelics and tobacco as these will interfere with the Iboga's patterning and healing on my brain. A bit of alcohol and cannabis is ok apparently. My healer uses cannabis during the ceremony to get into the Iboga headspace, and on his recommendation, I had a little pipe on Saturday night, and it helped relax me and send me to sleep. He did say an ayahuasca session later on would also be cleansing and beneficial.

I was impressed with Iboga though...I found it MUCH more personal, interactive and human orientated than ayahuasca, which, if it does work for me, seems a bit like like an alien language I have a hard time translating or understanding. Iboga is such a different plant.

Yeah I hadn't heard about the SSRI reference...this is what the healer told me. I do know that I feel positive/euphoric/energised/clear right now though, and its still very early days...

I'm pretty sure Iboga acts as a potent MAOI, I could be wrong though, but only more short term...I was told to avoid any psychedelics for 6 weeks. He did say mixing it with strong MAOI's like ayahuasca very close to the experience would be very dangerous, and the healer gave himself some nasty serotonin syndrome using mushrooms to soon after Iboga...but yes this isn't necessarily due to MAOI activity at all.

In my opinion iboga is a very interesting, multifaceted healing plans. It is certainly in NO WAY recreational and should be respected but for people interested in personal growth, health, meditation it could be a valuable ally. I do respect its anti-addiction properties, but I believe this aspect of the plant has perhaps overshadowed the other facets it has to offer Mankind.

Observant
#10 Posted : 7/19/2009 12:12:35 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Maybe you could try smoking a very little bit of iboga with a low dose of spice and see if it alters and lengthens the experience.
Something in the Root Bark Extract could be active when smoked.

Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

idtravlr
#11 Posted : 7/19/2009 10:38:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for that incredible report Bancopuma. I must admit, I haven't done much research on Iboga. I'd like to learn more and perhaps partake in a similar ceremony as you did. How would one go about finding a good healer to take you through your journey?

Thanks again man. Wonderful!

Peace
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Phlux-
#12 Posted : 7/19/2009 10:47:56 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

iv had that same experience a few times - being able to see the room with eyes closed - in detail.
usually after journeying - even days after - in the time just before one falls asleep - if interrupted - sitting up in pure darkness - looking around with eyes closed.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

jamie
#13 Posted : 7/19/2009 5:08:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have experienced this as well when in sleep paralysis..it's very convincing.
Long live the unwoke.

ohayoco
#14 Posted : 7/19/2009 8:53:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Wonderful trip report, thank you! I admit I'm too cautious to try iboga myself so it's great to hear stories like this Smile
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Bancopuma
#15 Posted : 7/30/2009 7:02:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So a bit of follow up for anyone who may be interested...

It has been around three and a half weeks since my Iboga experience. Today, I feel FANTASTIC. Glowing, energised, positive, just digging life turned all the way up to 11...

Close friends and family have noticed a change. They say I am more positive, more relaxed and at ease, more in the present, in the 'here and now', and more open and communicative.

Since Iboga I've had a strong urge to exercise and keep active a lot, which is no doubt aiding this state. I've been eating well, and generally feel very healthy, and 'light' if that makes sense. Life also seems to be going very well generally.

I've also been doing breathing meditations, and a few rituals, following my healers recommendation, and recently had an introduction to Zazen meditation. I meditate most nights now...I found I am more open and receptive to meditation following Iboga...to be honest, I found it hard before I think.

I sleep very deeply and well, and my dreams are very visionary. An evening a week after my experience, I had smoked a little ganja, and was doing some breathing meditation, and my third eye opened again, shimmering and in motion.

Just last night - 3 and half weeks since my Iboga session - I had a tiny amount of cannabis, in a vaporiser, and did some breathing meditation. My room came into focus again, although fainter than when on Iboga. This time though I could walk around and touch things, not being bed bound. Again, my third eye opened, just before falling asleep, and my dreams were very vivid, which is unusual after smoking ganja...which I will be abstaining from in future evenings.

This is still early days with Iboga's healing, but I can honestly this is the best I've felt. I need to be disciplined with the meditations and rituals that my healer provided me with - this is still very much early days and a work in progress - but, cheesy and new age as it sounds, it feels like Iboga has opened a door, that with discipline and motivation, can be kept open now, and realms beyond it explored.

I have a great deal of respect for the Iboga plant. I know people associate it with drug addiction detox...but Iboga has SO MUCH MORE to offer us. I am in no rush, but will meet this plant again for sure...if and when I meet it again, I would have more questions and intentions, and having experienced it once already, feel I could better communicate and navigate with it. I would actually like to heal with this plant and spread its awareness among the right minded people...an altogether amazing plant...my mum and a close friend also plan on being initiated themselves in the coming months.

Take care y'all Wink

imPsimon
#16 Posted : 7/31/2009 9:42:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I have experienced this as well when in sleep paralysis..it's very convincing.

Me too=)
When I'm dosing of mid day on the couch I sometimes catch myself thinking: Hey! I can see my room but I have my eyes closed. Then I usually get exited from being aware that I'm dreaming and I wake up.

Jorkest
#17 Posted : 7/31/2009 10:55:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

Bancopuma wrote:
So a bit of follow up for anyone who may be interested...

It has been around three and a half weeks since my Iboga experience. Today, I feel FANTASTIC. Glowing, energised, positive, just digging life turned all the way up to 11...

Close friends and family have noticed a change. They say I am more positive, more relaxed and at ease, more in the present, in the 'here and now', and more open and communicative.

Since Iboga I've had a strong urge to exercise and keep active a lot, which is no doubt aiding this state. I've been eating well, and generally feel very healthy, and 'light' if that makes sense. Life also seems to be going very well generally.

I've also been doing breathing meditations, and a few rituals, following my healers recommendation, and recently had an introduction to Zazen meditation. I meditate most nights now...I found I am more open and receptive to meditation following Iboga...to be honest, I found it hard before I think.

I sleep very deeply and well, and my dreams are very visionary. An evening a week after my experience, I had smoked a little ganja, and was doing some breathing meditation, and my third eye opened again, shimmering and in motion.

Just last night - 3 and half weeks since my Iboga session - I had a tiny amount of cannabis, in a vaporiser, and did some breathing meditation. My room came into focus again, although fainter than when on Iboga. This time though I could walk around and touch things, not being bed bound. Again, my third eye opened, just before falling asleep, and my dreams were very vivid, which is unusual after smoking ganja...which I will be abstaining from in future evenings.

This is still early days with Iboga's healing, but I can honestly this is the best I've felt. I need to be disciplined with the meditations and rituals that my healer provided me with - this is still very much early days and a work in progress - but, cheesy and new age as it sounds, it feels like Iboga has opened a door, that with discipline and motivation, can be kept open now, and realms beyond it explored.

I have a great deal of respect for the Iboga plant. I know people associate it with drug addiction detox...but Iboga has SO MUCH MORE to offer us. I am in no rush, but will meet this plant again for sure...if and when I meet it again, I would have more questions and intentions, and having experienced it once already, feel I could better communicate and navigate with it. I would actually like to heal with this plant and spread its awareness among the right minded people...an altogether amazing plant...my mum and a close friend also plan on being initiated themselves in the coming months.

Take care y'all Wink

dude im so happy for you..and excited to meet this plant...someday soon!!
it's a sound

Nobuoni
#18 Posted : 8/4/2009 1:01:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fiashly wrote:
I relate strongly to your subjective experience of iboga. I have taken ibogaine hcl several times in my life to treat drug addiction (heroin, cocaine/crack, and finally methadone) and although it did not work for long term treatment the first few times, it did work the last time I took it for that purpose. I had the most powerful spiritual experience of my entire life a little over 6 years ago now when I took it in yet another attempt to free myself from my slavery to drugs. I have not touched any drugs of abuse since, in fact other than dmt and ibogaine I have not ingested any drugs at all in over 6 years now which you would agree is a miracle if you had seen how low I had sunk.

But in the interest of accuracy I think a couple things you said are not really substantiated. Noribogaine is not an SSRI to my knowledge. Although there is an increase in serotonin that lasts for some months after a large dose, that in itself does not provide evidence that an SSRI is at work. Ibogaine and it's metabolites have many and varied effects on neuroreceptors and no-one knows entirely what it does at this point. Also I do not believe that ibogaine or it's metabolites have any MAOI activity. It is perfectly safe to dream on ayahuasca within a month or so of the ibogaine experience even though the after glow may still be very strong. After the experience I had when I got off of the dope the after glow lasted for about a year.

IBOGAINE:

Rapid Method for the Interruption of the

"Narcotic Addiction Syndrome" A' quick prognosis! Ibogaine in the treatment of Heroin withdrawal.

Ibogaine is a naturally occurring psychoactive indole alkaloid derived from the roots of the rain forest shrub Tabernanthe Iboga.

It has been seen that the alkaloid reduces craving for opiates and other illicit drugs, and has ameliorative effects in acute opiate withdrawal .

And then there's Ibogaine, a sacramental substance from West Africa that some say interrupts heroin, cocaine, and other addictions…and pharmacologist have discovered that ibogaine works on the brain in a manner unlike that of any other known drug.

Ibogaine works for certain problems like substance abuse and certain psychological disorders.

Now, soldiering on, I will try to, at least to some extent, explain the exact chemical mechanisms that are involved so that Ibogaine can do its job so efficiently, without causing death by boredom to the reader. This could also to some extent explain why Ibogaine is not for everybody, and why anyone considering taking Ibogaine should do proper research on the subject and contact a reliable, knowledgeable and trained provider to ensure his or her safety during the experience.

To start off with, let us look at some of the mechanisms in the brain that influences consciousness, behaviour, and mood. I shall only go into some detail for two of the mechanisms that are influenced by Ibogaine. And also, because this is Iboga uk's interest, concentrate on the mechanisms involved in substance abuse.

The fact is, Ibogaine reaches a high concentration in the brain of rats after intra-peritoneal (Skin of the stomach)injection, and its effects may be the result of complex interactions between multiple neurotransmitter systems. This is what scares scientists from researching Ibogaine – the difficulties predicting and explaining exactly what happens when more than one body or neurological system undergoes changes. Now- an addictive drug can be called such when it activates, in some way, the brain reward systems, which produces feelings of euphoria, a perception of undue increased wellness, or a perceived enhancement of social abilities. One of the most important neurotransmitters in the brain that are involved in this mechanism is Dopamine – the brain’s own feel-good drug. It appears that dopamine, because of it’s role in motivation reward processes, is instrumental in causing some forms of clinical depression (due dopamine’s unusually low levels in the synaptic cleft where it produces its effects by binding with dopamine receptors). Dopamine, in order to have an effect, is stored in a cellular structure. It is then released into a synaptic cleft (Space) before it is recognised on the other side by another structure (Receptor), which then causes the "feel good" effect of dopamine. The dopamine is then released from the post-synaptic structure and re-absorbed by the store. This balance is a carefully controlled mechanism that regulates the continuous release, binding and re-uptake of dopamine. Heroin and other "downers" increases the neuronal firing rate of dopamine cells (Causing quicker than normal release of dopamine from the "stores"Pleased, while Cocaine and other "uppers" inhibits the re-uptake of dopamine (thereby blocking the moving back of dopamine into storage). The effect of either is an over supply of dopamine at the post-synaptic receptor, and a resulting good feeling. When the two substances are combined, they produce even more intense dopamine activation (More free dopamine in the synaptic cleft = more binding to receptors = euphoria).

In addition to their acute effects described above, repeated use of psychomotor stimulants like cocaine and opiates (like heroin) causes changes in the mesolimbic dopamine system. This effect, over a longer term, can negatively influence the ability of the dopamine receptors to recognise dopamine, so that a constant oversupply of dopamine is needed in the synaptic cleft to feel "normal". This could explain why it is so easy to relapse after long-term use of crystal methamphetamine, or tik, which seemingly causes more severe damage to the mesolimbic dopamine system than most other drugs: If a person ceases to use tik, there is almost certainly an acute shortage of dopamine in the synaptic cleft, and it inevitably leads to a severe, long-term depression. The only way to reverse this effect, is by rebuilding of the dopamine receptors.

This reconstruction of the receptors is helped on by a factor called GDNF (Glial cell line-derived Neurotrophic Factor), which without help, is a long and time-consuming (Up to six months in some instances) process. This is where Ibogaine comes into the picture: It acts as a catalyst for GDNF. I.e. it causes more rapid reconstruction of the structures inside the brain that was damaged through long-term use of addictive drugs. It makes the after-effects of drugging disappear quicker than without Ibogaine intervention. A second brain chemical, Serotonin, also plays an important role in the human brain. Some refer to it as a "molecule of happiness". Serotonin is produced in the Pineal Gland which lies deep in the centre of the human brain. Serotonin plays an instrumental part in the regulation of numerous functions in the body like the control of appetite, sleep, memory and learning, mood, behaviour, and depression, and cardiovascular function. (Do you recognise the similarity of these disturbances when compared with behavioural changes often seen with drug addicts?) Serotonin production can be influenced by lifestyle, for instance, and regular exercise and Omega 3 can increase production. If one looks at the chemical structure of Ibogaine, there is a remarkable similarity to the chemical structure of Serotonin. In a similar fashion as with dopamine, serotonin can have an effect on the level of consciousness, and because Ibogaine binds to the sites that are supposed to recognise serotonin, there is once again an acute, but short-lived over-supply of serotonin (Ibogaine blocks the Serotonin from binding to it’s work-place), thereby re-directing it to the "older" parts of the brain, where the blood stream takes it to the sense interpretive centres and the parts that control movement. (LSD, another hallucinogenic compound, has a similar effect). This may explain why the user of Ibogaine experiences a state of "awake dreaming" and severe loss of co-ordination while under the influence of Ibogaine. This is the acute effect on this system.

After the initial flood, which lasts for the first hours after taking Ibogaine, the Ibogaine passes through the liver, and is turned into Noribogaine, which is also active in a similar way to Ibogaine. In addition, the Ibogaine is a fat-soluble

compound, which causes that it to stay inside the body for an extended period of time. It is released into the blood-stream over a period of time, and converted to Noribogaine. So, although the half life (An indication of how long a drug is active) of Ibogaine and Noribogaine is short, the effects, especially on the serotonergic systems, last for an extended period of time. The Noribogaine, in it’s turn, then acts as a serotonin uptake inhibitor, thereby preventing depression, because more free serotonin is available in the synoptic cleft, but not enough to be "washed" to the pre-mentioned older parts of the brain to cause ongoing hallucinations and lack of co-ordination. The most concrete evidence for the connection between serotonin and depression is the decreased concentrations of serotonin metabolites in the cerebrospinal fluid and brain tissues of depressed people. This may also explain the Euphoric feeling that a person who took Ibogaine may experience for a period of time.

Another important mechanism of action of Ibogaine, is that it acts as a non-competitive NMDA antagonist on the Glutamate receptors, which plays a role in the learning process of addiction, it acts as Mu and Kappa receptor agonists (Second Level), i.e. it potentiates the effects of opiates (And at the same time reduces the need for them), which explains the danger involved when using Heroin and Ibogaine together.

+++

Nganga Nobuoni +

Good stuff brother S'

Nobuoni
#19 Posted : 8/4/2009 1:09:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can see through the front of your forehead because this is a hologram we live in' you can also remote view though Iboga' and Iboga men can speak with each other psychicaly no matter of where they are'
With practice and the correct guidance you can go of wherever you like' and go to other worlds'
Iboga no lessens the effects of DMT' it gives you even bigger balls to go deeper'

Nice account bro' good to see you getting the word out there'

DMT punches egg of conciousness straight out of this holgram into the light matrix !!

"Keep Tracking the Love"

Nsala Malekun

Nganga Nobuoni +
++++++++++++++++++

Nobuoni
#20 Posted : 8/4/2009 1:37:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Observant wrote:
Maybe you could try smoking a very little bit of iboga with a low dose of spice and see if it alters and lengthens the experience.
Something in the Root Bark Extract could be active when smoked.

NO ++++++++++++++++++

Seretoin syndrome shall be experienced if you get the dose in-correct'

Initialy Ibogaine acts as maoi in the brain on dopamine an seretonin' then the liver coverts it 12 hydroxy-ibogamine of which acts as a long term SRI, no a SSRI !!

I have munched shroo and Iboga' 1 gram of each' serious sorcery plus body pain'

Spice walks over the top of Iboga'

No mix Iboga with any other substance until you waited at least five days'
Shrooms then expand the conciousess even further'

No maoi for 6 weeks'

Keep tracking the love !!

Nganga Nobuoni +

P.S. Some woods contain quite high levels of Voacamine of which if you smoke it you shall experience a tight chest and some pain'
Putting spice an Iboga in the pipe ???
You got bigger balls than me' Smile

12NEXT