We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How I separated fat.. ACRB Options

bongo264
#1 Posted : 7/14/2015 2:39:49 AM

Lost puppy

OK I did something that made a really big difference for me. I have ACRB and have tried every defat and recrystallization tek out there with varying degrees of success.

Without doing and defat I get awesome crystals but I cant get them out of the muck. And with defat I seem to loose a lot.

Sooooo... What I did was after the pan sat in the freezer for 20 hrs I have loades of good crystals. So I got a flat metal spatula and gently scraped the crystal off the bottom and let them float in the naptha.

Because the thing was still frozen the oils are hard and stay in place. Now I put the tray back in the freezer for a couple more hours and its ready to filter.

I gently agitate the naptha to get the crystals in suspension and quickly pour into my filter.

There is nothing to scrape just nice fluffy crystals in the filter!!!

Well there are still some goodies in that sticky mess but that is scraped up for changa!

Anyway I may not have been the first person to do this but I haven't seen it anywhere.
There is so much info I still haven't read.
I will take pics next time....

let me know what you guys think.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

FLeP
#2 Posted : 7/14/2015 4:15:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like it. I'll probably give it a shot my next ACRB extraction as I had the same layer of goo even after a backsalt.

BringsUsTogether
#3 Posted : 7/15/2015 3:19:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting proposal. Might consider trying.

Pixar
#4 Posted : 7/15/2015 3:28:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good idea, I will give it a go also

DonPeyote
#5 Posted : 7/15/2015 9:41:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, NMT and DMT are absolutely crazy about each other. And separating these brothers after Mass at the local pub is hard to do. If you can, knock one on the head with dry ice. It works

FLeP
#6 Posted : 7/16/2015 12:13:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay. Now that I am going to try.

bongo264
#7 Posted : 10/12/2015 3:24:37 AM

Lost puppy

OK so it has but a while since I updated this but I found a little more experimental info.

This time as above I simply did my pulls on 60g of ACRB. Put the pulls in that Pyrex and let it sit till about 1/5 evaporated.

I then transfered to another Pyrex dish of the same size. Let the first dish dry completely while the other sat in the freezer.

After the first was completely dry the surface was quite sticky. I scraped up about 80 mg of red goop from the bottom and loaded it in my GVG. Slow at first and as smoke came pulled a little harder. Got a huge lung full of smoke and expected to have a good hit. Well I held it as long as I could wit5h zero effect! I mean Zero! I just wanted to see if there was anything in the goop I retrieved.

I dissembled my GVG to inspect what was left and to clean as that shit was nasty tasting. There was a very small sheen of the oil but the GVG did a good job of vaporizing it all.

So after an hour I took the new dish out of the freezer and transfered the naptha to the original (now cleaned) pyrex dish. And put that in the freezer. Let the new empty dish dry completely and got even more goop since this time it had been in the freezer.

Well I did the same thing again. Came up with almost 100mg of goop and split it into two balls and in succession tried and was successful is vaping both piles which neither tasted like DMT. After all of that still not a hint of effect.

After that I just left it in the freezer for 24 hrs and came back to the best bed of crystals in a very long time .5g . Very free of goop.

So after cleaning up the GVG and when I had just the crystals loaded 25mg a got the coolest hit in a long time.

Conclusion: After about an hour or so after it sat in the freezer it seems to me that what precipitates out
is mostly the fats. And by switching to the new dish at that time much of the fats can easily be avoided.

Please let me know what you guys think. I am trying to find a way around the mini A/B because I get such poor results from it (I am sure it is because of my sloppy technique or something I know for others it works quite well).

Thanks my brothers and sisters!!!
Love to all!

bongo264
#8 Posted : 10/13/2015 3:02:30 AM

Lost puppy

OK so here is the final product.

The toothpick is extra large and there is a quarter for scale. I got about .8 of slightly yellow fluff. The toothpick is what I scraped up with a razor and transfered to said pick from the first Pyrex dish.

I used about 60g of ACRB and all of this a blend of these posts.

I still do a light scraping before pouring off so all goes to filter. The 2nd and final Pyrex dish is only slightly tacky with some oils could not scrape up a significant amount.

The stuff on the toothpick was what I attempted to smoke as a rather unpleasant bioassay with no effect.

Hope this helps someone!
bongo264 attached the following image(s):
IMAG0409.jpg (814kb) downloaded 314 time(s).

ThatDirtyHippy
#9 Posted : 10/13/2015 4:53:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What kind of tek are you using, I'm doing a pretty simple a/b with sodium carb and sunflower oil and I've managed to get a dark waxy material (that was defiantly psychoactive) after backsalting and then (don't quote me on the technicalities of this but) evap off the acetate with either a hot plate or I used a steam bath (the transition was quite interesting the texture went from oily like you have to a waxyier consistency almost like BHO wax or Budder)
Peace, Love, Mercy

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 10/13/2015 10:45:36 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I am liking this differential freezing idea. It seems you have proven that something non-psychoactive separates first, bongo264.

Goo might contain a β-carboline?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

BongWizard
#11 Posted : 10/13/2015 11:59:38 PM

Hyperspace Cowboy

downwardsfromzero wrote:
I am liking this differential freezing idea. It seems you have proven that something non-psychoactive separates first, bongo264.

Goo might contain a β-carboline?

It's not so much that the non psychoactives separate first (although one could, errantly, draw that conclusion by examining this case alone), but rather that lipids (particularly oils in this case) have a wide kinematic range over the temperature gradient. The short chain lipids found most DMT containing species are only sparingly soluble in naphtha at room temperature, however at 50C they are quite freely soluble. This could lead one to conclude that the oils should, thus, fall out of solution at room temperature (this would be an incorrect assumption). Once dispersed in the solvent, the van der waals force is largely negated by thermal rotation, which results in the oils remaining uniformly dispersed in the solvent. By reducing the temperature, this thermally induced rotational freedom is greatly reduced, causing an increase in intermolecular attraction, resulting in an increase in kinematic viscosity which is seen as the oil congealing on the bottom of the dish.
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

bongo264
#12 Posted : 10/14/2015 3:16:47 PM

Lost puppy

Thanks for the feedback guys.

After the photo was taken I noticed that there were still very small clear droplets on the pyrex dish. Trying to scrape them up with a razor was next to impossible.

I used a hair-dryer to warm the dish slightly and the blade was able to lift the remaining goo. It was about 200mg and after I let it cool on the blade it was a hard pale slightly yellow substance that was quite active.

Well worth collecting. I am guessing it was some of the resinous oils in the plant material with a healthy percentage of DMT.

And oh as for the tek used I seem to get best results from "Cybs' Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek"

ThatDirtyHippy
#13 Posted : 10/14/2015 3:36:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is some quality information. Thanks so much, dude.
Peace, Love, Mercy

BongWizard
#14 Posted : 10/14/2015 11:34:01 PM

Hyperspace Cowboy

bongo264 wrote:

Well worth collecting. I am guessing it was some of the resinous oils in the plant material with a healthy percentage of DMT.

It's usually worth cleaning up your remaining goo because DMT is slightly soluble in the fats present in this goo.
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 10/15/2015 10:19:28 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Your technical explanation of oil separation was excellent, thank you BongWizard.

Quote:
It's usually worth cleaning up your remaining goo because DMT is slightly soluble in the fats present in this goo.
= mini A/B with defat, presumably.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Sandgrease
#16 Posted : 12/16/2015 2:11:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyone pull with just Heptane and let it all evaporate? Gotten decent yeilds of orange oilly crumbley crystals.

MoonMoonLeftShark
#17 Posted : 12/17/2015 6:36:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sandgrease wrote:
Anyone pull with just Heptane and let it all evaporate? Gotten decent yeilds of orange oilly crumbley crystals.

I'm glad to hear you say this. I have both Naphtha and Heptane to test with. I might start with the Heptane to see what that yields. Thanks!

Sandgrease
#18 Posted : 12/17/2015 5:27:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Heptane pulls less plant fats and resins