We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1011121314NEXT»
Movie bin Options

hixidom
#221 Posted : 6/22/2015 5:30:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I watched 3 animated movies this weekend, all of which I would recommend (in order of how much I liked them):

1. Interstella 5555 - The psychedelic storyline of intergalactic redemption more than makes up for the dated Daft Punk music and animation style.
2. Paprika - Inception-inspiring dream-hacking weirdness with creative animation on full throttle. [Potential spoiler warning ->] I didn't like who the antagonist turned out to be in the end (or, rather, that there was an antagonist character), but the deep ideas in the movie were still very appreciable.
3. Howl's Moving Castle - To be honest, I watched this entire movie on mute while listening to music. While my eyes were glued to the screen the entire time, I thought the plot could've been less convoluted. Then again, having it muted might have made it hard to catch certain plots points. Embarrased Now I have a reason to watch it again! Pleased

Side note: I watched Interstella 5555 while coming up on acid, so those strong effects might have biased my favor more toward this movie than the other two.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MaNoMaNoM
#222 Posted : 7/11/2015 12:58:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The strangest movie i have ever seen, ERASERHEAD now one of my all-time favorites.

Another new alltime favorite APOCALYPTO just AWESOME about pre-columbian tribes.
Many plant references. Possibly wild psychotria viridis growing in some of the scenes.
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

hug46
#223 Posted : 7/21/2015 12:32:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had a bit of a mental block in relation to modern fiction which has resulted in me going back to the old school. A classic. Alec Guiness showboats in an 8 role marathon (and he is good) but Dennis Price"s performence hits the ball out of the park! The trailer is shit in comparison to the finished product.

tseuq
#224 Posted : 7/24/2015 8:34:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Terence McKenna - Psychedelic Upgrade (Culture Is Your Operating System)
https://vimeo.com/86989632

R.I.P.

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

RAM
#225 Posted : 7/25/2015 5:58:33 AM

Hail the keys!

I just saw Ant-Man tonight and while I don't want to spoil anything, the movie is obviously about the guy getting really small, and at one point he "goes subatomic" and they have a series of evocative shots that are very similar to the DMT-esque ones from Interstellar, Contact, 2001, etc. He enters some quantum realms or something which is the apparent cause of these things appearing.

If you've seen it, tell me if you concur or not. I immediately recognized some of the morphing landscapes and sounds that were shown in the movie.

Now since these types scenes appear in so many popular films, we have to ask ourselves, is there a reason these are being shown to audiences? Are they just artistic inclusions? Frameworks/archetypes of what humans generally consider wacky and out-of-this-world experiences? Total coincidence? What's going on here?
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

hixidom
#226 Posted : 7/26/2015 6:32:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I just saw Ant-Man tonight and while I don't want to spoil anything, the movie is obviously about the guy getting really small, and at one point he "goes subatomic" and they have a series of evocative shots that are very similar to the DMT-esque ones from Interstellar, Contact, 2001, etc. He enters some quantum realms or something which is the apparent cause of these things appearing.

Damn it...Now I have to watch this movie just to see that part.

tseuq
#227 Posted : 8/1/2015 1:31:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://vid.me/e/fOAg

Rolling eyes

tseuq

[edit: I deleted the video.]
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

The Traveler
#228 Posted : 8/1/2015 1:34:41 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

tseuq wrote:

Rolling eyes

tseuq

That is a lovely video of a highly saturated solution, where blowing over it lowers the temperature enough to over-saturate the solution to form clouds.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

roninsina
#229 Posted : 8/5/2015 1:47:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr Nobody
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

jbark
#230 Posted : 8/6/2015 4:21:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

roninsina wrote:
Mr Nobody

Great film - a MUST see.
Partly shot here in Montreal.

JBArk

JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Intezam
#231 Posted : 9/16/2015 7:14:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maïna (2013)
Best Picture at the 2013 American Indian Film Festival

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2600730/

Buy the DVD or -- if you have no money, watch online for free here

hixidom
#232 Posted : 9/24/2015 4:43:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Trippy films:
* Reality - A strange but fun story from the director of Rubber
* Synecdoche, New York - Mind blowing, utterly surreal. A story about the making of the most ambitious play of all time.
* Coherence - An amazing crossroad between drama and science fiction.
* Primer - The best time travel movie I've seen. I'm recommending it again because I watched it again.
* The One I Love - Seemed like a horror movie disguised as a comedy. I think it could've been more emotionally affective if the music weren't overly light-hearted. Still a very unique movie. It leaves a lot unexplained, but it is still satisfying.
* Mr. Nobody - I found it to be more convoluted and confusing than thought-provoking. It's a movie about choices that aren't made, which means it's like fiction within fiction. i.e. impossible [for me] to become emotionally invested in.

Other films:
* Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - Movie about a Chinese man confronting his sexual identity.
* Swingers - Hilarious characters. This movie is sooo money.
* Louie - Not a movie, but a show that I'm consistently impressed by.

Psychelectric
#233 Posted : 9/27/2015 4:33:28 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

The Holy Mountain

This film was produced by John Lennon and Yoko Ono in 1973. The director, Alejandro Jodorowsky, from what I read, did not create this film to be a "film" in the strictest sense. The is idea was that the film was to be a Shamanic ritual, with a heavy use of symbolism, so much so that describing the film in any narrative way (though it does have a progression) is entirely useless.

I'm sure many members of Nexus are familiar with this film, but for those that are not. Check it out, it's a wild ride.
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

Intezam
#234 Posted : 10/8/2015 9:10:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are two nice old Soviet movies. Directed by Agasi Babayan and Akira Kurosawa (Japan). Its nice to learn about a movies on a character that address squirrels and birds as normal people.....Big grin Thumbs up
You can activate Eng. subs from the youtube players menu....
Derzu Uzala (1961 Soviet version)

Derzu Uzala (Soviet/Japanese version) Part 1

Derzu Uzala (Soviet/Japanese version) Part 2

Beelzebozo
#235 Posted : 10/12/2015 3:56:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychelectric wrote:
The Holy Mountain

This film was produced by John Lennon and Yoko Ono in 1973. The director, Alejandro Jodorowsky, from what I read, did not create this film to be a "film" in the strictest sense. The is idea was that the film was to be a Shamanic ritual, with a heavy use of symbolism, so much so that describing the film in any narrative way (though it does have a progression) is entirely useless.

I'm sure many members of Nexus are familiar with this film, but for those that are not. Check it out, it's a wild ride.

Has anyone here seen Jodorowsky's latest film, The Dance of Reality? It came out last year. Easily one of the greatest films I've ever seen. Watch it!
Quote:
I have come to believe that in the world there is nothing to explain the world.

―Loren Eiseley

BongWizard
#236 Posted : 10/12/2015 5:11:25 PM

Hyperspace Cowboy

RAM wrote:

If you've seen it, tell me if you concur or not. I immediately recognized some of the morphing landscapes and sounds that were shown in the movie.

Now since these types scenes appear in so many popular films, we have to ask ourselves, is there a reason these are being shown to audiences? Are they just artistic inclusions? Frameworks/archetypes of what humans generally consider wacky and out-of-this-world experiences? Total coincidence? What's going on here?

I've been in a bit of an MCU kick lately. Watched every movie in order in the lead up to the new avengers movie. Haven't seen ant man yet, but have been thinking about it for a while (since the age of ultron secret ending Big grin big hank pym fan ) if I had to pick a favourite I have to go with Thor 2, narrowly beating out guardians of the galaxy (only because guardians has such a huge world to introduce which can't be done perfectly in a single film... Some very DMT-esque scenes in there too. Anxiously awaiting guardian 2 though Pleased )

The Traveler wrote:
tseuq wrote:

Rolling eyes

tseuq

That is a lovely video of a highly saturated solution, where blowing over it lowers the temperature enough to over-saturate the solution to form clouds.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

/me loves doing that. Gives me a huge smile every time Big grin
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

hixidom
#237 Posted : 10/17/2015 3:51:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Animatrix - I was hooked in less than half a minute. It is incredibly fascinating and thought-provoking. The "Matriculated" chapter blew my mind.

Black Mirror - An amazing show about hypothetical interactions between humans and technology. Very dark. Very well-made. It's like a brilliant modern Twilight Zone.

TGO
#238 Posted : 10/18/2015 12:37:15 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

jbark wrote:
roninsina wrote:
Mr Nobody

Great film - a MUST see.
Partly shot here in Montreal.

JBArk

Smile

Just watched Mr. Nobody yesterday as it is on Netflix...very intriguing film
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

hixidom
#239 Posted : 11/25/2015 2:42:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Attack on Titan was absolutely amazing.
A lot of people recommend Cowboy Bebop, but it didn't blow me away.

I saw Everest recently. I have to say it is the most amazing movie I have ever seen about a true story: Beautiful, inspirational, frightening, tragic.

TGO
#240 Posted : 11/29/2015 2:44:13 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

IF you are a fan of Back To The Future (let's be honest, who isn't a fan? Very happy ) and you have Netflix, there is an amazing documentary about it with interviews from Cast/Crew/Fans/Producers etc etc. I found it to be quite fascinating! Go check it out!

It is called:

"Back In Time"

Thumbs up Thumbs up
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

«PREV1011121314NEXT»