We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV910111213NEXT»
Book bin Options

#201 Posted : 7/22/2015 10:39:29 PM

Psilosopher

Just picked up Otto Snow's LSD for just $32, so excited to have found such a cheap copy.
I had read the PDF version a long time ago, and to date it is my favorite book on LSD (along with Acid Dreams, which is a fantastic read as well, yet from a broader cultural perspective). It is part autobiographical narrative and part chemistry & synthesis. He has a simple yet compelling writing style that quickly draws you in.
Been looking for a physical copy for a long time, but it seemed unavailable except for those willing to part with €100+. Most exciting book find in a long long time for me, I'm so happy I finally found it Very happy
Now if only his other book "LSD & Tryptamine synthesis" was available for prices under €1000, haha Thumbs up
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Sky Motion
#202 Posted : 7/24/2015 9:07:11 AM

<3

Love this book, I +1 the recommendation to read it if you haven't already!

BundleflowerPower
#203 Posted : 7/24/2015 3:33:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love it as well. I've read lots of books, but nothing that resonated with me like this one.

Jees
#204 Posted : 7/24/2015 5:51:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read it a very long time ago, and love it too. The man keeps following intuition against all possible odds, on and on, and only in the end it all makes sense.

roninsina
#205 Posted : 7/25/2015 7:44:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I found a copy at an airport on the coast of Oaxaca, of all places, about twelve years ago on a new years eve and couldn't put it down. I finished reading it in Costa Rica before I slept that night. It came highly recommended by a couple who also referred me to the Lycaeum, though I never joined.

I have always kept a copy on hand since then and now read it to my children who adore it as well.

EDIT: Oops! Thought I was following a post on 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Cohello. Was a different thread.

RE-EDIT: Aha! It was BFP's post on the previous page.Embarrased
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

drfaust
#206 Posted : 7/27/2015 5:01:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Pharmako trilogy by Dale Pendell is well worth a read.

He also has essays on his site:

http://www.dalependell.com

Creo
#207 Posted : 10/11/2015 3:21:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

'The Consipracy Agains the Human Race' by Thomas Ligotti.

Not for the faint of heart.

drfaust
#208 Posted : 10/11/2015 5:46:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Creo wrote:
'The Consipracy Agains the Human Race' by Thomas Ligotti.

Not for the faint of heart.

which version is that? the online one?

Beelzebozo
#209 Posted : 10/12/2015 3:50:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Currently reading one of the most arresting books I've ever read, The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa, translated by Richard Zenith. Quote, "To understand, I destroyed myself." Reading it is a continuous "Wow."
Quote:
I have come to believe that in the world there is nothing to explain the world.

―Loren Eiseley

drfaust
#210 Posted : 10/12/2015 11:10:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beelzebozo wrote:
Currently reading one of the most arresting books I've ever read, The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa, translated by Richard Zenith. Quote, "To understand, I destroyed myself." Reading it is a continuous "Wow."

Love Pessoa. Heteronyms is the way to go! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heteronym_(literature)

That is metanoia!

Beelzebozo
#211 Posted : 10/13/2015 6:11:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes. Have you read any of his poetry? I have a collection of poems, also from Penguin and translated by Zenith, called A Little Larger than the Entire Universe. I'm reading it alongside The Book of Disquiet.

Just one example from a random page:

"In the cities life is smaller
Than here in my house on top of this hill
The big buildings of cities lock up the view,
They hide the horizon, pulling our gaze far away from the
open sky.
They make us small, for they take away all the vastness our
eyes can see,
And they make us poor, for our only wealth is seeing."
Quote:
I have come to believe that in the world there is nothing to explain the world.

―Loren Eiseley

TGO
#212 Posted : 11/28/2015 10:51:36 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I just picked up some light reading! Big grin

"The Dark Tower" 7 book series by Stephen King is a phenomenal piece of work. A true masterpiece in its entirety. I have not read it all the way through since I was in high school so this should bring back some interesting memories!
TGO attached the following image(s):
a little light reading jpeg.jpg (3,222kb) downloaded 187 time(s).
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Koornut
#213 Posted : 11/28/2015 10:55:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:

"The Dark Tower" 7 book series by Stephen King is a phenomenal piece of work. A true master piece in its entirety. I have not read it all the way through since I was in high school so this should bring back some interesting memories!

If Stephen King wrote nothing else but this series, he would still be remembered for decades. Love

I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

TGO
#214 Posted : 11/28/2015 11:15:40 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Sphorange wrote:
The Grateful One wrote:

"The Dark Tower" 7 book series by Stephen King is a phenomenal piece of work. A true master piece in its entirety. I have not read it all the way through since I was in high school so this should bring back some interesting memories!

If Stephen King wrote nothing else but this series, he would still be remembered for decades. Love

I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.

Indeed! I've always been a huge fan of his work, especially Insomnia. But The Dark Tower is just epic! Not to mention, he spent nearly 30 years on it from start to finish. He also wrote "The Wind Through The Key Hole" which was technically the 8th dark tower book but chronologically it takes place between book 4 and 5 (I haven't had the chance to read that one yet). To anyone who is interested here is a small description from Stephen King's Website:

"The Dark Tower series tells the story of Roland Deschain, Mid-World’s last gunslinger, who is traveling southeast across Mid-World’s post-apocalyptic landscape, searching for the powerful but elusive magical edifice known as The Dark Tower. Located in the fey region of End-World, amid a sea of singing red roses, the Dark Tower is the nexus point of the time-space continuum. It is the heart of all worlds, but it is also under threat. Someone, or something, is using the evil technology of the Great Old Ones to destroy it.

Inspired in equal parts by Robert Browning’s poem, “Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came,” J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings, and Sergio Leone’s spaghetti Western classics, The Dark Tower series is an epic of Arthurian proportions. It is Stephen King’s magnum opus, and is the center of his amazing creative universe."

smoothmonkey
#215 Posted : 1/30/2016 5:35:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A few favorites that really got changed my perception:

1. Quantum Psychology : Robert Anton Wilson
2. Sex, Drugs, and Magick : Wilson
3. Cosmic Trigger : Wilson
4. The Island : Aldous Huxley
5. Brave New World : Huxley
6. Doors of Perception : Huxley
7. Journeys Out of the Body : Robert A. Monroe
8. The Alchemist : Paulo Coelho
9. A Clockwork Orange : Anthony Burgess
10. Food of the Gods : Terrance McKenna
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

Sakkadelic
#216 Posted : 2/15/2016 7:50:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"THE BOOK OF MIRDAD"

"This is the Book of
MIRDAD
as recorded by
Naronda
the youngest and the least
of his companions,
a lighthouse
and a heaven
for those who yearn
to overcome
Let all others
Beware of it!"

This book magically found me and i found my path in it
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

ys
#217 Posted : 3/4/2016 7:08:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just finished Quantum Psychology by RAW Robert Anton Wilson

Nutting in my pants at how similar other Deemster smokers tastes in literature seem to my own.

Creo
#218 Posted : 4/10/2016 1:44:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TGO
#219 Posted : 4/13/2016 4:07:30 AM

Welcoming committee

Finally picked up my copy of TiHKAL! I can't wait to dive into this bad boy!

Love

smoothmonkey
#220 Posted : 4/13/2016 1:19:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just finished:

Be Here, Now by Ram Dass
The Art of Living and Dying by Osho
And I'm reading Supernatural by Graham Hancock

All three of which I recommend!

-SM Smile