We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Average growth rates? Options

soulfood
#1 Posted : 7/13/2009 1:36:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

After putting this whole thing off for far too long I have now acquired a young peyote, about 2.5cm in diameter, a T.peruvianus and a t.pachanoii about 4cm in height and a t.bridgesii at about 5cm.

Just as a means to keep a check on my progress I am curious to know what to expect in changes in size over the coming years?

These were bought as young but established healthy looking plants, all nice and green with no discolouration and have been potted using a garden centre bought cactus soil (looks quite sandy) with some small stones in the bottom to aid drainage.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Kannamate
#2 Posted : 7/13/2009 2:24:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know about peyote,but if grafted will grow way faster maybe 2 years to flower would take 5 years,or a little more normally. I'm not sure if it changes alkaloid content and haven't found any studies on that it would be nice if somebody did.
I think they all start off slow I have some seed grown bridgesii seedlings estimated about 2.5 months old and they grow a couple cms a month haven't really measured though I noticed am obvious difference.
People usually graft then repot pedro/peruvianus/bridgesii,but once it gets beyond the seedling stage about 18inches per year depending on your climate more or less.

soulfood
#3 Posted : 7/13/2009 2:41:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Ooh! That fast?!

I wasn't planning on harvesting these guys... maybe the bridgesii.

What are the advantages of grafting trichocereus sp? Obviously peyote is very slow growing and I can see where grafting comes in handy there.

Are you talking about grafting seedlings onto established cacti?

fractal rider
#4 Posted : 7/13/2009 5:44:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

swim has heard that grafted peyote dont have that much mescaline because it has no roots swim has one too they grow pretty fast but swim is thinking when they get bigger to cut some ones and root them
om namah shivaya

Kannamate
#5 Posted : 7/13/2009 6:02:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes mostly to pereskiopsis a leafy cactus. It's real fast growing it really speeds things up and will seriously speed up growth of trichocereus in a year you'll have a foot probably, otherwise w/o a graft might take 2-3 years to get the same size.There's pics on mycotopia of bridgesii's grafted to pereskiopsis(probably the best graft stock for seedlings for fast growth) to give an idea.