We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What did I do wrong with my GVG ? Options

strtman
#1 Posted : 10/6/2015 8:54:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Received my GVG and some liquid pads today.

Due to excitement I decided to test it out immediately. I put a liquid pad in the GVG with 10 mg DMT on top.

With my torch lighter I began to heat the ceramic filter. It took quite a while to get hot because the lighter was moved from very close to a few inches above. At one point the lighter went off and it took a few attempts to get it burning again.

But the very strange thing is that nothing happened. I did not see any white smoke and also there was no smell of burning plastic. Nothing!

Despite the lack of vapor and just for certainty I inhaled a few times but did not have the feeling something went into my lungs.

Being surprised I removed the ceramic filter to take a look inside. All spice was gone and the liquid pad was partly capsized. Odd that it does not stick to the screen below.

A second effort was made but without any result.

What do you think?

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

null24
#2 Posted : 10/6/2015 9:24:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

A vaped hit from a GVG doesn't have the yell tale taste and odor that a smoked dose does. I've taken large hits that i didn't feel enter my lungs, but held my breath anyway and took off. That's the point of the gvg.

Idk though, 10mg should work, at least to gauge it's efficacy. Did you hold the hit in?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Spaced Out 2
#3 Posted : 10/6/2015 9:44:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you hit it very slowly? Null is right, it won't have the smell or harshness of smoked Dmt, which as he mentions is the whole point, huge lung fulls without the feeling of your lungs wanting to explode or the urge to cough. Very easy, once your technique is achieved, to blast off. It does take a little practice though, at least it did for me. I think I'm going to break my out tonight Twisted Evil

Jees
#4 Posted : 10/6/2015 11:02:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you inhale at a constant low flow during the whole time of heating? It is not clear in your post if you did so, or not.

The ultimate outer pin of the torch flame should touch the ceramic top layer for the first seconds, then you can move it off the surface for half an inch or so.

The pad should not be capsized, can you make it a bit wider so it sticks in flat position?

vin9x
#5 Posted : 10/7/2015 1:34:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd say your freebase melted through the liquid pad.
Make sure to do a short 'test pull' to see if the freebase is actually vaporizing or if you need to move the lighter closer.
Then inhale very slowly until there is no more vapor left (should take at least 10 seconds) and hold for at least another 10 seconds.

Also, as a newbiew myself, I can highly recommend the VaporGenie straight ceramic filter (you'll have to message the VG support) Very happy

strtman
#6 Posted : 10/7/2015 6:11:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the responses.

null24, I hold the first hit for about 10 seconds. As I did not feel any smoke I exhaled.

Spaced Out 2, I inhaled with all the energy I had. But I did not feel any smoke and did not see any smoke in the GVG.

Jees, I did not inhale at a constant flow. I kept on heating the ceramic filter. And waited to see smoke arise. But that did not occur. So finally I started to inhale with the idea smoke should arise during inhaling.

vin9x, I will check this out.

Question to all: is it not a fact that one must see smoke in the GVG ? Do I have to inhale constantly during the process of heating? I have understood that after the appearance of smoke the inhaling should start. One single deep breath should do the job.

d*l*b
#7 Posted : 10/7/2015 1:21:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Do I have to inhale constantly during the process of heating? I have understood that after the appearance of smoke the inhaling should start.

You should be inhaling during most or all of the process. I usually save a bit of breath by delaying inhalation while the block heats up.

I usually aim to hit the ceramic block with the flame and do so until it glows a little, then start inhaling very shortly after hitting the block with the flame. After a very short time vapour should start to appear, then I start drawing the lighter away from the block.

Does your ceramic block get to the point where it glows from contact with the flame?
D × V × F > R

Jees
#8 Posted : 10/7/2015 2:00:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

strtman wrote:
...Jees, I did not inhale at a constant flow. I kept on heating the ceramic filter. And waited to see smoke arise. But that did not occur. So finally I started to inhale with the idea smoke should arise during inhaling...

As DIB said, one must inhale during the process. The first (5) seconds the flame touches the ceramic surface, inhale a very tiny flow so the heat can come down from the ceramic and there is less danger that too much concentrated heat accumulates on the glass top section. The inhale transports the heat down. Just my idea.

strtman
#9 Posted : 10/7/2015 7:57:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I will try to inhale constantly next time.

Does it happen that the smoke can be so thin that it is not visible?

woody
#10 Posted : 10/7/2015 8:03:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

strtman wrote:
I will try to inhale constantly next time.

No, you should see the white vapour even with 10mg and you'll definitely be aware of exhaling it.

UgraKarma
#11 Posted : 10/7/2015 9:09:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If the Liquid Pad is capsized, fix that first and foremost. It's always going to be a little wobbly inside the GVG - so it's best not to get it ready to go, and then take a walk to your porch with the GVG, as this is bound to happen.

To me it sounds like your liquid pad capsized, dumping the DMT onto your screen. You then lit the GVG, melting it through the screen, and the DMT melted through it down into the chamber.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

d*l*b
#12 Posted : 10/8/2015 1:18:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

woody wrote:
strtman wrote:

No, you should see the white vapour even with 10mg and you'll definitely be aware of exhaling it.

Ideally you will exhale nothing, not absorbing it is wasteful. I do a small test exhale if I’m unsure whether I’ve got it all. If a wisp comes out, inhale air (you may not have much space in your lungs if yours are in as poor a condition as mine! Too much tobacco, too many years!) and hold your breath a bit longer.
D × V × F > R

vin9x
#13 Posted : 10/8/2015 5:23:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

practicaluser wrote:
It's always going to be a little wobbly inside the GVG - so it's best not to get it ready to go, and then take a walk to your porch with the GVG, as this is bound to happen.

That's the exact reason why I bought the straight ceramic filter and it has always worked perfectly first try.
...You can pre-melt freebase in a few filters and go on a walk with some friends Very happy

woody
#14 Posted : 10/8/2015 8:57:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
woody wrote:
strtman wrote:

Ideally you will exhale nothing, not absorbing it is wasteful. I do a small test exhale if I’m unsure whether I’ve got it all. If a wisp comes out, inhale air (you may not have much space in your lungs if yours are in as poor a condition as mine! Too much tobacco, too many years!) and hold your breath a bit longer.

Really, absolutely nothing? I didn't realise that, I will need to try and hold it in longer then because I have always exhaled some of the vapour and I try to hold in for 10-15 secs.

strtman
#15 Posted : 10/8/2015 1:57:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have run through hundreds of posts in many threads during the last weeks. From all that information I have extracted the following method for smoking with a GVG.

1. Put 15 mg pure DMT on the liquid pad
2. Close the GVG with the ceramic filter
3. Have the torch flame almost touching the ceramic filter for about three seconds
4. Keep the flame subsequently a few inches above the ceramic filter
5. Start inhaling slowly, even if you don’t see vapor yet.
6. This inhaling might help the hot air moving in the GVG to vaporize the DMT
7. Exhale and take a second breath, deep and long, as now there should be enough vapor.
8. Keep it in for at least 15 seconds. Exhale and try a third hit.
9. Off you go

Do you think I have overlooked something?

Jees
#16 Posted : 10/8/2015 3:28:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You should clear it all in one hit and that is really do-able.

As a preparation before hitting you can just sit with the pipe and torch lighter and meditate on what is going to come. Imagine making the hit. Go trough the process in your mind as if it happens real time. Go over it a few times.

3rdI
#17 Posted : 10/8/2015 4:08:07 PM

veni, vidi, spici

less thinking, more smoalking

- light
- pull
- BOOOOOOOM
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

strtman
#18 Posted : 10/8/2015 7:06:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you both for the answers. Soon I will do a next shot.