We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV7891011NEXT»
Joe Rogan good or bad? Options

universecannon
#161 Posted : 9/11/2015 8:07:41 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

SyKaDeliX wrote:
I have to disagree, McKenna was a genius.

3rdI wrote:
McKenna was a fruit loop

What better proof than the people of this forum that the two often go hand in hand Razz

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SyKaDeliX
#162 Posted : 9/11/2015 8:11:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

^... winner!! Very happy
Disclaimer: Everything I say/write/post/think about is fiction. All said activities are intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

3rdI
#163 Posted : 9/11/2015 8:18:15 PM

veni, vidi, spici

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Complexity
#164 Posted : 9/11/2015 8:23:56 PM

Being & Becoming

I believe Joe is a good presence after all. He seems to have made a lot of people aware of psychedelics' propierties, and I believe it's a good thing.

Btw I've learned about them from McKenna mostly, and a comparison between McKenna and Rogan is what really doesn't make sense to me Twisted Evil
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

Jaffster
#165 Posted : 10/5/2015 10:41:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think any promotion of Psychedelics by public figures has a net gain for our community. Perhaps he isn't a scientific mind who can readily explain some of the pending questions but he is a rational person who promotes a balanced, self-aware ego.

He changed my life, from his podcast not only did I discover DMT but I also discovered things like floating (I try my best to go to the local float centre at least once a month) and because of this I lead a generally less stressful, more balanced life.

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Bad. Joe Rogan is promulgating bad science. He makes strong claims with no evidence which only serves to promote misinformation about the nature of DMT.

Blessings
~ND

I agree that he doesn't promote correct/exact science, but awareness (regardless of how factual it is) is generally of benefit to the community.

Albert Hoffman couldn't understand how people in government could ban a substance that they had never tried, these people looking in from the outside formed their opinions and ran with it. Much as the same with DMT, I think if the general public were more open about these life changing experiences then we may one day hope to challenge the image that Psychedelics are for hippies and 'greens'. As I said above, any public figure speaking about these topics will have far more benefit to us than the misinformation that he may portray (probably due to ignorance, rather than an actual attempt at disinformation).

endlessness
#166 Posted : 10/5/2015 11:05:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Joe ftw Love

endlessness
#167 Posted : 10/6/2015 9:13:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ahm,yeah joe uses a lot of swearing, there's def a place and time for it.. but trav asks us to please avoid it here in the Nexus. Thanks Smile

travsha
#168 Posted : 10/6/2015 10:35:17 PM

Share Love ~

Joe Rogan makes me laugh. Cant stand McKenna though - I find his voice boring/slow and I disagree with about half of what he says it seems like.... I feel like he spread a lot of misinformation that most people take as gospel truth, which is too bad... Bet he would have been fun to hangout with though and I am sure he is a nice guy - I just cant stand most of his talks or books. Joe is a bit intense and wild, but very entertaining. I find myself agreeing with more of what he says though I dont always agree with him. At least he isnt portrayed as an expert, but more of an entertainer, so maybe that is why he rubs off on my better... I like his stand-up or when he interviews Graham Hancock the most.

Godzy
#169 Posted : 10/7/2015 12:22:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

travsha wrote:
Joe Rogan makes me laugh. Cant stand McKenna though - I find his voice boring/slow and I disagree with about half of what he says it seems like.... I feel like he spread a lot of misinformation that most people take as gospel truth, which is too bad... Bet he would have been fun to hangout with though and I am sure he is a nice guy - I just cant stand most of his talks or books. Joe is a bit intense and wild, but very entertaining. I find myself agreeing with more of what he says though I dont always agree with him. At least he isnt portrayed as an expert, but more of an entertainer, so maybe that is why he rubs off on my better... I like his stand-up or when he interviews Graham Hancock the most.

lol truly, none of us know we're talking about... just when you think you've figured it out a new variable jumps into the equation and changes everything. i try not to agree with anyone, period, because i prefer to come to my own understanding than one based off someone else's experience... i just like listening to mckenna because he's very good at putting his thoughts into words. it does get boring though lol joe rogan brings attention to it in a way that's not so boring as mckenna's.

Tello89
#170 Posted : 10/12/2015 9:51:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't like when anyone uses Strassmans' theories as fact when he himself says they are theories. Not to say they aren't good and believable theories but they are not fact and the most popular "youtube mystics" are spreading this pineal gland, indengenous DMT thing as fact which is annoying but it shouldn't stop critical thinkers from diving deeper into research and finding out more about DMT from a less biased source (ex. DMT -nexus) Big grin so I feel like those who want to believe what someone says on TV or youtube or whatever other mainstream source they choose,simply because they sound like they know what they are talking about, or have claimed to have used the substance will.probably believe the first thing that pops up on a Google or youtube searchNeutral Freethinkers are Freethinkers regardless the circumstance, so I don't really care much either way for Joe other than he is making it easier for those.who.might have never heard of DMT otherwise.

One love Very happy

Koornut
#171 Posted : 10/20/2015 4:13:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

10 bucks he either still is, or has been a member of the nexus.
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Jaffster
#172 Posted : 10/23/2015 10:26:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sphorange wrote:
10 bucks he either still is, or has been a member of the nexus.

But didn't get promoted to full membership as he had no idea what an LSD blotter was? Embarrased

sauroman1
#173 Posted : 10/23/2015 11:25:05 AM

Anybody from Lisbon?

trashcan wrote:
Rogan keeps on talking to the masses about DMT and its powerful effects. Because of this it is becoming more widely known, therefore it will be more likely to get criticized by the media. Tell me what you think.

Joe is evil bastard who murders animals. But still he does good job by promoting psychedelics and Terence Mckenna ideas. I hope psychedelics will teach him some compassion.

Tattvadarshin
#174 Posted : 10/23/2015 11:41:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This kinda "black or white-thinking" has its limitations.. Is he good or bad? Well, it's not that simple, even if we would like it to be. One could say that he is spreading information/the idea of DMT. This could ignite curiosity in some people, but also, get the attention of negative people.

My point is that we should try and look from as many points as possible, and not make it "this or that-argument".

Talkswithtrees
#175 Posted : 10/23/2015 1:34:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

TrustLoveMan wrote:
Right now awareness is probably more important than image.

I respectfully couldn't disagree more. Nothing personal but awareness is much less important than image in this situation imho. What if you have a high awareness with a tainted image? Dmt will be demonized by the masses.

SpathiEluder
#176 Posted : 10/28/2015 2:48:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont mind Joe Rogan, his is a little bit "bro" for me, but I like that his heart is in it all with his podcasts, and he seems to be a genuinely good human being with a good heart. He isnt out to hurt people, he doesnt slander etc and he just wanted the better of mankind, i truly believe it.

All i wish is that he never narrated the Spirit Molecule documentary. Especially with that cheesy black and white, laboratory, scruffy dude in a tux image. I feel it ruins the credibility of that documentary and makes it hard to show family and friends when you are trying to explain it. You really just need him honestly talking into a camera, or not being shown at all.

Even the dorky "picture puzzle pattern door" who "whizzes through like nuthin" guy is more credible.

sauroman1
#177 Posted : 2/21/2016 8:51:45 AM

Anybody from Lisbon?

Joe is evil bastard who killed many animals and uses Terence Mckenna ideas to get popular. It seems strange that this guy is aginst war while he keeps hunting.

devineinmymind
#178 Posted : 2/21/2016 12:08:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sauroman1 wrote:
Joe is evil bastard who killed many animals and uses Terence Mckenna ideas to get popular. It seems strange that this guy is aginst war while he keeps hunting.

You shouldnt judge a person, calling them things like 'evil bastard' because of what they eat and their views on diet, whether its right or wrong. Its this kind of narrow thought that gives a bad name to many vegans like yourself. Personally im pro joe like you said yourself in the other thread you were a fan because he practices " fighting against corruption, war, poverty, promoting psychedelic freedom and popularizing Terence Mckenna ideas" that doesnt still resonate with you and your no longer a big fan because you now judge based on what and how he eats Wut?

Ufostrahlen
#179 Posted : 2/21/2016 1:12:38 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

hexan wrote:
narmz wrote:

He seems to genuinely want to help people, I have no problem with that

watched the clip, quite a lot of angry swearing for an an enlightened sage no?

Imagine that technique at an ayahuasca ceremony.

"ok, lie the F*** down and surrendor to the F****n logos" lol ; )

Big grin
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

hug46
#180 Posted : 2/21/2016 2:50:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Joe swears a lot, but hopefully we will evolve as a species enough for that kind of way of speaking to not cause offence. I like him. But he"s not as good David Icke.

«PREV7891011NEXT»