We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Converting DMT into legal chemical form? Options

sauroman1
#1 Posted : 10/4/2015 9:31:05 AM

Anybody from Lisbon?

I wonder if there are ways to change DMT molecular structure so that it's no more psychoactive, may have legal purpose and is not hard to reconvert back into original state?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/4/2015 9:43:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well the issue is that in many places you'd have 'analogue laws' so that even chemical modifications could theoretically be considered as illegal.

sauroman1
#3 Posted : 10/4/2015 10:25:58 AM

Anybody from Lisbon?

You mean probably this act. "To be indicted under the Analogue Act, the substances must: (1) have a “chemical structure” substantially similar to a controlled substance; (2) have, be intended to have, or represented as having “pharmacological effects” substantially similar to a controlled substance; and must (3) be intended for “human consumption.” United States v. Klecker, 348 F.3d 69, 71 (4th Cir. 2003)."
Wouldn't it be possible to bypass these rules?

In my country we have only drug precursor laws. But since substances have various legal and important use such as in plastic synthesis, pharmacy industry, cosmetics, perfume, cleaning agent and other production there is way to obtain them legally.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 10/4/2015 10:29:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You gotta check the exact law where you are. Its possible that even dmt n-oxide would be legal, for example, and in theory one could easily convert to it from DMT and convert back... but it's also possible that depending how they analyse it, that the results appear as DMT.

sauroman1
#5 Posted : 10/4/2015 12:15:00 PM

Anybody from Lisbon?

Thanks for info, neither DMT n-oxide and even DMT fumarate is mentioned. But if customs seize substance and find similarities with DMT they may question what is purpose of it. And if that happens it's better to have innocent explanation.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 10/4/2015 3:07:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT fumarate would be included as DMT, since its just a salt form of DMT... usually the drug laws have a sentence saying something like "salts and isomers included" .

Gotta really check the local laws to make sure you are not getting into trouble. Either way best to never move anything away from your house and only ever have small amounts so its only for personal use, never commit other crimes that will get you searched, etc, you know, typical recommendations .

If you already have someone from law enforcement testing your stash, as kurt osiander would say, "you f-ed up a long time ago"

1ce
#7 Posted : 10/5/2015 5:33:13 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

You could.. smoke it into legal compounds? No?

If there was a simple way to add a carbon to gramine that'd be ticket. In theory one could probably convert dmt to auxin, vice versa. In theory, dunno if it's ever been reported to work. But no matter how you do it you will have a substantial loss of DMT.

sleepermustawaken
#8 Posted : 10/6/2015 5:12:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If only there was some way to split the molecule apart for the purposes of getting around that analogue law... and then rejoin it back together while in the body and not outside the body.

1ce
#9 Posted : 10/6/2015 9:05:29 AM

sleepermustawaken wrote:
If only there was some way to split the molecule apart for the purposes of getting around that analogue law... and then rejoin it back together while in the body and not outside the body.

Check out tryptophan.
But seriously, we all know dmt and psychedelics are gaining media attention. If you're worried about your activities being in the spotlight why don't you grow your own plants? Seems like a legit idea.

sleepermustawaken
#10 Posted : 10/6/2015 2:11:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:
sleepermustawaken wrote:

Check out tryptophan.
But seriously, we all know dmt and psychedelics are gaining media attention. If you're worried about your activities being in the spotlight why don't you grow your own plants? Seems like a legit idea.

Not worried about that, not sure how you got that idea... I was just contributing to the thread. Growing plants takes way too long for any decent yield IMO.

So could someone convert tryptophan in to DMT in the body somehow, perhaps with another catalyst substance? That is the only way I can see us getting around analogue laws like this. Synthesis DMT in the human body and not in a ghetto-rig kitchen lab.

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 10/6/2015 5:27:44 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
So could someone convert tryptophan in to DMT in the body somehow[...] synthesis[e] DMT in the human body

Our bodies clearly are capable of performing this process and are likely doing so right now, albeit in nanogram quantities.

Techniques may exist for enhancing the output of this metabolic pathway; I would suggest they might include meditation, sensory deprivation, overtone singing, movement training, use of sound and light for brainwave entrainment, and precursor stacking and metabolic activation by nutritional supplementation.

tryptophan -> tryptamine
tryptamine -> (with the help of INMT and methionine) NMT + DMT. Maybe. (Rats do it...)

Or as 1ce suggests, just grow your own plants.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

BongWizard
#12 Posted : 10/8/2015 6:19:17 AM

Hyperspace Cowboy

1ce wrote:

If there was a simple way to add a carbon to gramine that'd be ticket. In theory one could probably convert dmt to auxin, vice versa. In theory, dunno if it's ever been reported to work. But no matter how you do it you will have a substantial loss of DMT.

DMT can be synthesised from the primary auxin, indole-3-acetic acid, which can be obtained as a plant growth additive. It's also quite easy to synth from tryptophan, but we don't talk about chemical syntheses here Wink
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

1ce
#13 Posted : 10/8/2015 8:32:48 AM

BongWizard wrote:
1ce wrote:

DMT can be synthesised from the primary auxin, indole-3-acetic acid, which can be obtained as a plant growth additive. It's also quite easy to synth from tryptophan, but we don't talk about chemical syntheses here Wink

I'm familiar with auxins, And the proposed synthetic route from IAA. But just because it *should* work, doesn't mean it well. Hence "in theory". Either way, it's probably beyond what OP is planning. Even decarboxylating tryptophan could give you a minefield of problems if you aren't doing it exactly right. But it always looks simple on paper Pleased

sauroman1
#14 Posted : 10/13/2015 5:31:11 PM

Anybody from Lisbon?

sleepermustawaken wrote:

Check out tryptophan.

Not worried about that, not sure how you got that idea... I was just contributing to the thread. Growing plants takes way too long for any decent yield IMO.

So could someone convert tryptophan in to DMT in the body somehow, perhaps with another catalyst substance? That is the only way I can see us getting around analogue laws like this. Synthesis DMT in the human body and not in a ghetto-rig kitchen lab.

I read article about DMT synthesis from tryptophan but this is advanced chemistry?
One fast growing, low maintenance and reported big yields is phalaris grass, brachytachys or aquatica AQ1 which are legal. If you lucky to live in warm climate there are many DMT sources, for example in Portugal coast acacia longifolia is widespread. But since I live in cold climate country I don't have this luxury.

What about harmine molecule conversion?

benzyme
#15 Posted : 10/13/2015 6:15:08 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

sleepermustawaken wrote:
1ce wrote:
sleepermustawaken wrote:

Check out tryptophan.

the catalysts are enzymes, the co-substrate is SAM.

the tryptophan metabolic pathway is genetically encoded to favor serotonin production, not DMT. although DMT may theoretically be produced on a side pathway in sub-threshold concentrations, it is rapidly metabolized by MAO-A.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 10/13/2015 10:03:16 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

sauroman1 wrote:
[...]

What about harmine molecule conversion?

If that got anywhere, you'd end up with a 6-methoxytryptamine derivative which is essentially useless.

Maybe one would be better off starting with 2-methyl tetrahydro-β-carboline? Only 2 hydrogens short but still helpfully legal in most places...

sauroman1 wrote:
in Portugal coast acacia longifolia is widespread

Hmmm... interesting Thumbs up

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

BongWizard
#17 Posted : 10/13/2015 11:18:59 PM

Hyperspace Cowboy

Phalaris grasses grow on every continent in the world (except Antarctica) and are quite hardy. Fast growing (3 months from spring sowing and you'll have nice big tufts), very low maintenance (once established they barely need water, but can handle "wet feet" and some will even grow aquatically) and (given the right cultivar) can produce a healthy yield.

As for harmine, why worry? Syrian rue is legal almost everywhere.
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

1ce
#18 Posted : 10/13/2015 11:29:40 PM

BongWizard wrote:
Phalaris grasses grow on every continent in the world (except Antarctica) and are quite hardy. Fast growing (3 months from spring sowing and you'll have nice big tufts), very low maintenance (once established they barely need water, but can handle "wet feet" and some will even grow aquatically) and (given the right cultivar) can produce a healthy yield.

they grow well under 450nm LEDs tooThumbs up

sauroman1
#19 Posted : 10/23/2015 11:20:42 AM

Anybody from Lisbon?

BongWizard wrote:

Well. I live in cold country so I have limited choice. The best are p. brachytachys which is very easy to grow and lespedeza bicolor which is harder to grow from my experience.

No, both harmine and syrian rue seeds are listed as prohibited.

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 10/30/2015 9:27:12 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Edit: This thread is in the same general vein.

Got any L. bicolor growing tips? (Links?)