We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
brewing with ACRB and PHS Options

entheogenic-gnosis
#1 Posted : 7/21/2015 8:57:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Recently I brewed:
·4g PHS
·12g ACRB
·4g MHRB
The contents were combined and placed in a coffee grinder where they were blended to a fine powder, the powder was frozen and thawed three times then placed in a 1L Pyrex dish. The dish was filled with 1L H2O and 1 tablespoon white vinegar was added. This mixture was brought to a very light but rolling boil. This light boil was maintained for 3 hours, being careful to never allow the boil to become too vigorous or intense. At this point the solution was filtered, the filtrate was placed into a separate clean 2L Pyrex boiling dish and set aside. The filter-cake was returned to the original 1L Pyrex boiling dish. The 1L Pyrex dish containing the filter-cake was then filled with 1L H20, 1 tablespoon white vinegar was added, and the mixture was brought to a low but rolling boil, which again was maintained for three hours. At which point the solution was again filtered, the filtrate was combined with the first filtrate in the 2L Pyrex dish and set aside, and the filter cake was again returned to the original 1L Pyrex boiling dish. This process was repeated a third time in the exact manor as the first two, leaving a total of three combined washes left in the 2L Pyrex boiling dish. At this point the filter-cake was discarded. The combined filtrates were then reduced to around 150mls. This resulting solution was then placed in a glass mason jar, the lid was sealed tightly and the jar was placed in the refrigerator.

...There this final brew has remained, it's been there since July 6th, and I'm unsure of how long it will remain preserved.

With in the next few days I'm going to brew another PHS/ACRB, PHS/MHRB, or PHS/ACRB/MHRB brew, as well as a pure ACRB or ACRB/MHRB brew, which will be intended for consumption 15 minutes after 3-4g powdered PHS are swallowed.

I've also been experimenting with adding THC and mescaline to my ayahuasca analogues. As far as the THC, I noticed that my medical marijuana center offered tea containing activated THC. After several assays to determine actual potency of the THC tea, I began to experiment with adding it to my ayahuasca analogue brews in an attempt to reduce nausea and increase psychedelia, which it does quite effectively, though it does induce an experience different from that of an ayahuasca analogue, and I'm far from done with the experimentation phase.
I have also been adding 6-10 inch pieces of trichocereus pachanoi and/or trichocereus
Peruvianus to my PHS/ACRB and/or MHRB brews with great success. I was nervous about mixing a phenethylamine with an MAOI, however in the case of harmine and mescaline it seems to work quite well. The combination of mescaline and the DMT was my second concern, but turned out to be far more pleasant than most would have predicted, though the nausea was horrible. In an effort to combat nausea I have added activated THC to this recipe, which doesn't stop purging in most cases but does reduce nausea, however it complicates the psychological situation which is already strained due to the mescaline/DMT/harmine combination and may be at bit too much for some.

(Note: I'm not just randomly throwing entheogens into brews, I have a good deal of experience with each compound and calculate my recipes very carefully. I conduct my bioassays while taking every necessary precaution, and focus on maintaining safe and responsible experimentation is crucial. The information regarding the methods and ingrediants I use to brew my decoctions mentioned in this post are not meant to be considered as a technical work-up, and are posted for conversational purposes.)

Since I've been experimenting with brewing so much recently and have been focused on analogues and admixtures, I thought that it may be wise to speak with others conducting similar experiments, for information, tips, anecdotes, suggestions, etc...

-EG

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 10/2/2015 2:20:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I take it this sort of entheogen combination brewing is not very common?

The only novel plant additives to my analogue brews are trichocereus pachanoi and THC, the main two plant ingredients being of coarse peganum harmala seeds and ACRB.

I've wanted to try mixing psilocin into these decoctions though I would be most cautious in doing so.

-EG

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 10/6/2015 12:28:57 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Now, I've not done any analogue brews but would vouch for the efficacy of nutmeg tincture and 'Space Paste' derivatives in enhancing cactus and mushroom brews. It's worth a (cautious) try.

Adding cactus to vine brews is on the ethnopharmacological record already (as you're surely aware?).

IIRC some people have been using lemon balm to reduce nausea, e.g. a cactus brew included some and there was little to no nausea.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 10/6/2015 2:57:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nutmeg tincture? Hmmm... borneol and eugenol are the key components of "nutmeg oil"....Though myristicin and Elemicin seem like they would be the interesting admixture compounds, so the nutmeg oil may not be very useful, but I'm sure nutmeg tincture contains the interesting compounds, and may be most interesting to experiment with as an admixture.

I know that trichocereus admixture brews are not a new phenomenon, it's just strange how it's not really discussed all that often.

-EG

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 10/6/2015 10:07:01 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nutmeg tincture is surprisingly interesting, IME...

YMMV - CYP450 profile varies widely between (and within!) individuals and is key with this stuff.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

entheogenic-gnosis
#6 Posted : 10/9/2015 3:07:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

https://www.erowid.org/a...ium/chemistry/nutmeg.txt
(Some interesting discussion on nutmeg oil and alkaloids; erowid)

https://www.erowid.org/a...istry/dmmda.shulgin.html

In the link above shulgin discusses the "essential amphetamines", basically several common spices contain essential oils, in these oils are compounds that need only to be aminated to produce a psychedelic.

Example:

Thus 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA) is related to safrole (so aminating safrole gives MDA)

3,4,5-trimethoxyamphetamine (TMA) to elemicin

3-methoxy-4,5-methylenedioxyamphetamine (MMDA) to myristicin

2,4,5-trimethoxyamphetamine to asarone

and 2-methoxy-3,4- methylenedioxyamphetamine (MMDA-3a) to croweacin.

So anytime nutmeg or common spices come up in discussions regarding psychoactivity I'm always reminded of shulgins work with essential oils.

I'm very interested in novel admixture plants, here are some I have been looking into:

·Delosperma cooperi
·Acacia acuminata
·Mimosa ophthalmocentra
·Mucuna pruriens
·Horsfieldia superba
·Nymphaea caerulea

Though there are many more I'm interested in, access is limited, so actual experimentation is limited to what I can obtain, but aside from the experimentation aspect I have been researching several novel plant species.

-EG