We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
GVG is unbelievably amazing! Options

Lyghtsout
#1 Posted : 10/5/2015 7:34:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been doing DMT for a while, with a oil burner. I had a problem with meth in the past so I figured my technique was better then the average. I thought this method was sufficient.

I was wrong.

The GVG with a chore boy mesh screen is unbelievably amazing. A completely different level! The technique is extremely easy, I load DMT on the screen, hold a butane torch above the ceramic heating pad, and 5 seconds later smoke fills the chamber. Incredibly smooth smoke which was completely unexpected! I'm use to DMT being at least a little harsh, but I'd go far as to say this feels as if I'm inhaling air! I can't tell I'm inhaling anything at all! I just see the smoke clear the chamber, I feel a slight harshness when holding in the hit.

My doses are way more effective. I've actually learned I got a extreme sensitivity to DMT or something. I loaded 5mg in the GVG and tripped really hard. Not a break through but a very intense sub breakthrough experience. This amount in a oil burner wouldn't have half of the effects. I haven't done a breakthrough dose but imagine it'd be really easy to do with this device.

I love GVG I've named it Geeee V Geeeee ^_^! Thank you guys for the advice on this method I'm really glad I went for it.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jaffster
#2 Posted : 10/5/2015 10:36:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

GVG = Glass Vapour Genie?

I've only ever vaped using the Arizer Solo so I am curious, how is this different from the standard crack/meth pipe? If you'll excuse my ignorance Smile

Does the chore boy mesh stop the powder/fluid DMT from leaking through?

Jees
#3 Posted : 10/5/2015 11:03:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jaffster wrote:
...Does the chore boy mesh stop the powder/fluid DMT from leaking through?
Yes, you definitely would like to read the threads about GVG. Search button, then put GVG in the subject rule. Eat your heart out.

Lyghtsout, glad you're in the gvg club Wink

vin9x
#4 Posted : 10/5/2015 5:24:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

...Yes, it is Very happy

You should try out the straight ceramic filter instead of the chore boy mesh (12$ from VaporGenie support).
It works even better and it is a little bit easier to handle IMO (pre-melting works better, fits perfectly into the GVG bowl, very large surface area).

Lyghtsout
#5 Posted : 10/6/2015 6:19:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

vin9x wrote:
...Yes, it is Very happy

You should try out the straight ceramic filter instead of the chore boy mesh (12$ from VaporGenie support).
It works even better and it is a little bit easier to handle IMO (pre-melting works better, fits perfectly into the GVG bowl, very large surface area).

Are you referencing this?

http://vaporgenie.com/li...-oils-waxes#.VhNYGrRViko

I tried searching "ceramic filter" and only came up with the element already on it that's heated.

This is out of oil burners league by such a long shot, it's kind of ridiculous. I don't even consider the oil burner as being capable of capturing the same experience. With a GVG you can get a full breakthrough dose in one smooth hit, in a oil burner you'll need 2-3 hits - you will get uncomfortable and most likely hesitate or at least lose motor function necessary to vaporize effectively, and you will burn your spice to bits and get a lung full of harshness. That's the difference. I wasn't fully convinced until I hit the GVG the first time, now I'm kind of scared of it lol.

Before this I tried "dabbing" DMT on a rig. I vaped 20mg in one hit, but the dose wasn't effective! It felt like 10mg out the oil burner. A lot of the DMT was burned is my assumption. The whole dabbing thing is a pain as well if you're not use to it like me.

Sandwich method, good but not as effective per dose.

Aside from the smooth vapor and ease of use, what also makes the glass vapor genie amazing is how effective the doses are relative to other methods. It's easy to assume this is because of how much is burned in the other methods, but I never anticipated how much was actually being burned until I felt and tasted the difference.

vin9x
#6 Posted : 10/6/2015 9:51:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No, I mean the (straight) ceramic filter that's in the original wooden VaporGenie pipe.
You'll have to message the VaporGenie support in order to buy one.

ganesh
#7 Posted : 10/7/2015 7:23:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lyghtsout wrote:

I tried searching "ceramic filter" and only came up with the element already on it that's heated.

Yep, he meant that one, the one used as a heating pad, costs $12. Wonder how it compares ro the $2 liquid pads?

Hey, maybe use a liquid pad as a heating pad, and instead put ceramic filter in bowl! Laughing
More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!

Lyghtsout
#8 Posted : 10/8/2015 3:29:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

vin9x wrote:
No, I mean the (straight) ceramic filter that's in the original wooden VaporGenie pipe.
You'll have to message the VaporGenie support in order to buy one.

Is this what you're talking about?

Even though it says that it won't fit in the glass vapor genie, it will fit in the chamber where the mesh is to substitute the mesh?

vin9x
#9 Posted : 10/8/2015 5:18:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, that's the one.

It actually fits perfectly into the GVG bowl (even better than the conical GVG ceramic filter).
You'll need no additional screens or mesh.

Lyghtsout
#10 Posted : 10/8/2015 5:54:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sweet, I ordered it ^_^ excited to see the results.

The only complaint I've had thus far about the GVG is it's hard to load the spice on the mesh without missing, the spice that misses the mesh either sticks to the glass or goes through the screen into the pipe. This is a SMALL complaint that has more to do with the mesh then the piece, I'm excited to see if the ceramic fixes this and makes it a perfect piece.

Thank you!

#11 Posted : 10/9/2015 5:29:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I made a very inexpensive tool to load my gvg.
Basically I took a thin drinking straw, cut it down to 5cms long, then cut up the middle length ways to about one centimeter and snip this piece off.

Now this tool acts like a little spoon, and gets a perfect 50mg dose every scoop.
You can adjust the length that you cut off according to your desired dosage by weighing your dose and comparing it to the cutout.

This little tool make it really easy to scoop out your dose and drop it right onto the pad in your gvg.

0100101001100011 attached the following image(s):
straw.jpg (23kb) downloaded 342 time(s).

UgraKarma
#12 Posted : 10/10/2015 6:06:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hahaha... I do the same thing!!

Although I later learned that drug users have been doing this for ages, I felt like a real MacGyver when I figured it put myself.

I actually keep two different scoopers in my GVG hardshell case (which really is the perfect DMT station.). One scooper is fashioned via a regular straw, mostly for dipping into the small vials I keep my freebase in, and the other is a larger straw that you'd get at an Asian bubble tea shop (those already come with the 45 degree cut to penetrate the cellophane atop the drinks.)

And yes - the GVG is a complete game changer.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

#13 Posted : 10/11/2015 12:38:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aha. Bit of a coincidence that this was mentioned somewhere else today too?
I think not Pleased

bongo264
#14 Posted : 10/12/2015 4:35:25 AM

Lost puppy

That is too cool guys I have been doing the straw thing forever. I first did it to get a crappy oil burn rig to work. You know the little hole. The half cut straw would squeeze in and release the contents perfectly!!!

Also as for the GVG I thought I got screwed when I purchased it. A ton of spice was caramelizing and dripping into the neck below the bowl. Finally I get a good mix of chore boy and a single screen on top. Man it worked perfect every time. Sooooo efficient no waist at all. just a few light crystals from smoke being left in the pipe (looks beautiful).

Anyway I put some gross fatty gunk in it to smoke to see if it was active and messed up my whole deal. Now I cant get that perfect setup again damn it!!!!

I am going to try the stone from the Wood VG that was suggested here. Hopefully this will bring back the charm of my GVG.

Lyghtsout
#15 Posted : 10/14/2015 9:09:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I got the straight ceramic filter in the mail along with the Vapor Genie liquid pad

http://vaporgenie.com/li...-oils-waxes#.Vh4LVrRViko

I have to say, both work tremendously well. The only difference is the ceramic filter seems to heat up faster so the flame doesn't have to be applied long before the DMT starts to vaporize. The liquid pad does take longer to get vapor, but is equally effective/dose. The liquid pad is easier for me to load, with the ceramic filter I will need to build one of the devices mentioned above to get all of the dose on the ceramic without missing.

Now the device is unbeatable. It's kind of intimidating. I've introduced a lot of people to DMT and one thing I've learned is sensitivity varies. There was one guy - no matter how much he smoked he didn't get even a head rush from it. The average seemed to be taking 3-4 hits out of a oil burner. Then there were sensitive people, this included me and a few others, that could get strong effects off of 1-2 hits.

The reason I mention this, is experimenting with dosage on the GVG was like this for me.

2mg - threshold effects, not much going on other then a buzz.

5mg - intense effects, with closed eyes I felt completely submerged in patterns. With open eyes I felt mild discomfort from the intensity.

Much more then 5mg I anticipate a break through where I am in another place and forget I did a substance. The only explanation is that I'm overly sensitive to tryptamines. It makes sense, because with psylocybin cubensis mushrooms I get mind shattering effects at 3.5g and usually a pretty intense trip on 2.5. With mushrooms it seemed to vary more, sometimes 2.5 doesn't do as much, I attribute this to the ROA having more variable factors. With DMT it was consistent, 5mg had the same intense sub breakthrough effects of the 3 times I experimented with it.

My method of measuring and putting the substance in the GVG is by calibrating a mg scale with a opened cap (no top) then just scooping out a little DMT at a time until I throw the cap on the scale and hit the desired dosage. I then dump the cap into the GVG. It works well, but as stated earlier, with the ceramic it's easy to miss.

UgraKarma
#16 Posted : 10/14/2015 10:02:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bongo264 wrote:
That is too cool guys I have been doing the straw thing forever. I first did it to get a crappy oil burn rig to work. You know the little hole. The half cut straw would squeeze in and release the contents perfectly!!!

Also as for the GVG I thought I got screwed when I purchased it. A ton of spice was caramelizing and dripping into the neck below the bowl. Finally I get a good mix of chore boy and a single screen on top. Man it worked perfect every time. Sooooo efficient no waist at all. just a few light crystals from smoke being left in the pipe (looks beautiful).

Anyway I put some gross fatty gunk in it to smoke to see if it was active and messed up my whole deal. Now I cant get that perfect setup again damn it!!!!

I am going to try the stone from the Wood VG that was suggested here. Hopefully this will bring back the charm of my GVG.

Definitely just grab a few of their liquid pads. I can't imagine how much spice you'd have to go through to warrant replacing it. I ordered from them recently - arrived in 2 days. No reason not to.

Link to buy Liquid Pad from Vapor Genie

I like to just keep it charged all of the time. I'll dump a little fresh DMT on each time, but there's probably ~100mgs saturating it at any given time.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

NotTwo
#17 Posted : 10/14/2015 11:15:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lyghtsout wrote:

2mg - threshold effects, not much going on other then a buzz.

5mg - intense effects, with closed eyes I felt completely submerged in patterns. With open eyes I felt mild discomfort from the intensity.

Much more then 5mg I anticipate a break through where I am in another place and forget I did a substance. The only explanation is that I'm overly sensitive to tryptamines.

Interesting, has anyone on here done a study of dosages v. effects and maybe how these change over time? I know when I first tried dmt I had very strong visuals off just 7mg whereas several dozen vapes later I'd say I need 15mg to get the same effect. And of course our friend Terence reckoned he needed 100mg to get breakthrough whereas 35mg will do that for me reliably nearly every time; probably less would do it on the right day!

Just got my first liquid pads too from VG, only used a bit of wire wool in there before. The pads obviously work a bit like a heat sink (higher thermic capacity) and no vapor comes out for the first half of the toke while it's heating up. It's means you're sucking a bit harder and a bit longer to clear the whole amount. They're neat to work with but not entirely sure yet if I prefer them.

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

Lyghtsout
#18 Posted : 10/18/2015 6:34:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Something is going on lol, I loaded 2mg in the GVG expecting mild-moderate psychedelic effects. I started getting the anticipation which usually happens when I smoke DMT and I can gauge the intensity by the level of this "anticipation" feeling. Well, the anticipation was really strong. Much more then I expected. So instead of ghost inhaling the hit I blew out after about 5-10 seconds and there was a CLOUD! I never blew such a big cloud of DMT smoke lol. I admire how I was able to just let go on the jump. I turned off TV, closed my eyes, let go. The patterns were really intense and I felt this astonished "what's happening? How's this possible?" I reminded myself I had to let go of worry. The less I questioned what was happening the more ecstatic I got, I felt an ecstatic separation of ego when I stopped questioning, but believe me - it was hard to not question what was happening! The patterns started forming a Buddhist figure Razz among a lot of other really cool stuff it's hard to describe, they did form the atmosphere of a planet made of patterns and this brilliant orange light then everything went blue Razz.

I don't believe 2mg could of produced this experience, and you should of seen the smoke! It reminded me of a old school dual coil 2.5 ohm hit off a ecig to give you an idea. It's not cloud-cloud but it's the most DMT smoke I blew out in a hit ever. If I had ghost inhaled that hit, I am almost positive I would of broken through - or at least - had a extremely profound sub-breakthrough right on the edge.

I do have to hold the torch for a while before I get vapor. Is it possible some DMT is collected somewhere else in the pipe? What else could cause something like this?

smokerx
#19 Posted : 10/18/2015 3:07:22 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Lyghtsout wrote:
Something is going on lol, I loaded 2mg in the GVG expecting mild-moderate psychedelic effects. I started getting the anticipation which usually happens when I smoke DMT and I can gauge the intensity by the level of this "anticipation" feeling. Well, the anticipation was really strong. Much more then I expected. So instead of ghost inhaling the hit I blew out after about 5-10 seconds and there was a CLOUD! I never blew such a big cloud of DMT smoke lol. I admire how I was able to just let go on the jump. I turned off TV, closed my eyes, let go. The patterns were really intense and I felt this astonished "what's happening? How's this possible?" I reminded myself I had to let go of worry. The less I questioned what was happening the more ecstatic I got, I felt an ecstatic separation of ego when I stopped questioning, but believe me - it was hard to not question what was happening! The patterns started forming a Buddhist figure Razz among a lot of other really cool stuff it's hard to describe, they did form the atmosphere of a planet made of patterns and this brilliant orange light then everything went blue Razz.

I don't believe 2mg could of produced this experience, and you should of seen the smoke! It reminded me of a old school dual coil 2.5 ohm hit off a ecig to give you an idea. It's not cloud-cloud but it's the most DMT smoke I blew out in a hit ever. If I had ghost inhaled that hit, I am almost positive I would of broken through - or at least - had a extremely profound sub-breakthrough right on the edge.

I do have to hold the torch for a while before I get vapor. Is it possible some DMT is collected somewhere else in the pipe? What else could cause something like this?

There was some DMT left in your pipe before you loaded those 2mg's. After smoking from GVG always test if anything left in.
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

DansMaTete
#20 Posted : 10/18/2015 4:36:48 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

I'm wondering... when you say 2mg, do you mean 0,002g ? Because a very commun mistake is to think 2mg=0.02g and it's wrong.

AFAIK, 2mg (=0.002g), even properly vaporised, is under the threshold dose but 20mg (=0.02g) with a GVG is a commun breakthrough dose for some folks (not everybody !).
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

12NEXT