We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Are you a Vegetarian? or do you eat meat? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
I am a Vegetarian and have been all of my life 0 0 %
I am meat eater and always will be 8 33 %
I would like to become a Vegetarian some day 5 20 %
I was a vegetarian but now eat meat now 4 16 %
I am a Vegan (no animal products) 3 12 %
I am a Pescatarian (eat seafood but no meat) 2 8 %
I believe all humans should be Vegetarians and never eat meat 1 4 %
I believe all humans need to eat meat to be heathy 0 0 %
I am a savage meat eater!! give me the meat now! GRRR!!! 1 4 %

«PREV192021
Vegetarian diet or meat diet Options

Koornut
#401 Posted : 10/6/2015 9:01:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you take just the meat/non-meat data points out of the poll. So as of 6/10/15 meat = 18 and veg = 4 (not including pescatarian). You get Roughly 18 percent.
I wonder if that matches other populations around the globe, and how we compare (at the Ol' Nex) to other groups.

https://en.m.wikipedia.o...Vegetarianism_by_country

Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Tello89
#402 Posted : 10/12/2015 6:11:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't really take the time like i should to make sure I'm having a perfectly balanced diet of essential nutrients, vitamins etc. But I know (and I'm sure pretty much everyone here knows) the awful things that go on in factory farming and Monsanto etc. Are just inhumane and disgusting,I would know I worked as a.butcher for a while and in the meat industry for 4 horrible years. So I try my best to avoid meat that supports that industry but I work long hours, usually no less than 55+ hours a week so without the support.of.my.spouse being vegetarian is too much work for me at this point of my life i make sure to give thanks to the animal I eat as well as the creator for providing it. I know I will eventually make the move to full time.vegetarian it's jus not in the cards right now

One love

Ufostrahlen
#403 Posted : 10/12/2015 2:42:20 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Tello89 wrote:
I know I will eventually make the move to full time.vegetarian it's jus not in the cards right now

Yeah, the shift takes time. Look into whey protein drinks, if you don't have the passion for cooking. They whey might be a product of factory farming, but it's basically a waste product of cheese making, so you're not really the driving force of the system. But they're nutritious, cheap and rich in protein. Add some essential minerals/vitamins (B12) in RDA relevant values to your drink and you're set for substituting meat.

100g of meat = 30g full spectrum protein
100g of whey powder = 82g of full spectrum protein

Source: http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list

Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

universecannon
#404 Posted : 10/12/2015 4:03:22 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

You could also try hemp seed or hemp seed protein instead of whey protein. The hemp seed protein I've seen is literally just powdered hemp seeds with a lot of the fiber removed.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Tello89
#405 Posted : 10/12/2015 8:57:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah yes I'm familiar with whey protein in work with a lot of muscle head gym buffs they are all about all this stuff they laugh at the mention of me wanting to be vegetarian since most of my meals at work are vegetarian and I don't partake in the BBQ'S we so often have. But thanks Ufostrahlen and universe cannon for your support ! I will have to.make the shift sooner than later

Namaste

Ufostrahlen
#406 Posted : 10/12/2015 9:28:37 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Tello89 wrote:
Ah yes I'm familiar with whey protein in work with a lot of muscle head gym buffs they are all about all this stuff they laugh at the mention of me wanting to be vegetarian since most of my meals at work are vegetarian and I don't partake in the BBQ'S we so often have. But thanks Ufostrahlen and universe cannon for your support ! I will have to.make the shift sooner than later.

Namaste

Yw Tello89, let the last laugh be yours and make an informed decision:

Quote:
It is the position of the American Dietetic Association that appropriately
planned vegetarian diets, including total vegetarian or vegan diets, are
healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the
prevention and treatment of certain diseases. Well-planned vegetarian diets
are appropriate for individuals during all stages of the life cycle, including
pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, and adolescence, and for athletes.

http://www.vrg.org/nutri...9_ADA_position_paper.pdf

Good luck!
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

«PREV192021