We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
I feel different now Options

Ima Monkey
#1 Posted : 10/5/2015 1:43:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wondering if anyone has had this experience too. I recently went on my first DMT journey, and was grateful and a little overwhelmed. Afterwards, (next morning) I felt different. I wasn't sure exactly how, either. It was neither pleasant nor unpleasant, and I figured it was some sort of afterglow that would wear off. It's a week later, and it hasn't. I started to get in touch with the feeling after a few days. I feel like I am more aware of the "stuck" parts of my subtle body. One of my goals for the journey was healing, and this sensation seems to be part of the process. I get the feeling of more energy moving through some of my centers. This has been a years-long process. At this point I am getting in touch with my anxiety, and learned I have had panic attacks since I was a teenager. So, feeling my inner self isn't always pleasant.
I gave some to a friend, and he experienced a similar feeling. I don't know what his goals were, or exactly what he feels now, but he described feeling "different", and not being able to exactly say how. Now that I think of it, HE had panic attacks too, after a severe car accident. Hmm...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

sleepermustawaken
#2 Posted : 10/5/2015 2:36:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whatever you do, don't freak out. Just try to see the potential benefit of whatever you are feeling, if not just to feel something different from how you always have felt and not cling to wanting to feel a certain way all the time. Like bruce lee said "put water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Be water my friend". Also, HPPD is pretty rare with DMT so have faith that whatever you find ill at ease with... it will wear off eventually... hopefully... will it? I want my mummy! Cool

Pile of cats
#3 Posted : 10/5/2015 7:15:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe that there is a sea of sensations and knowledge that we have at some point chosen to not confront, the momentary increased wakeful state that dmt can induce can help us begin to confront and take responsibility for that which we've kept in the dark. The destination that awareness leads you towards is great but having begun walking on that path I believe there's no turning back as there's things which can't be pushed back into the dark once you've started sensing them.

Just my opinion of course, I wish you the best with what you've awoken!

FoundLost
#4 Posted : 10/5/2015 8:14:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have a simular experience. Granted, I've only done it a couple times and the effects were very minimal from very minimum doses.

However, this past week or so I've been much more accepting of things around me and much less annoyed when hurdles are encountered. All in all I seem to react to things in a much more calm and healthy additude. Seems like when I'm confronted with something that would normally infuriate me that I take a moment to recognize the situation for what it is and decide to deal with it accordingly.

Stress for me has always been a bit of an issue so this is a major positive. Anxiety as well. Usually not about drug experiences, mostly about life and things happening around me. This seems to have abated a small amount as well although that could just be a side effect of things being less anxious lately. We shall see.

Ima Monkey
#5 Posted : 10/5/2015 9:05:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sleepermustawaken wrote:
Whatever you do, don't freak out. Just try to see the potential benefit of whatever you are feeling, if not just to feel something different from how you always have felt and not cling to wanting to feel a certain way all the time. Like bruce lee said "put water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Be water my friend". Also, HPPD is pretty rare with DMT so have faith that whatever you find ill at ease with... it will wear off eventually... hopefully... will it? I want my mummy! Cool

I'm not freaking out, I do see potential benefits. Definitely not concerned about anything like HPPD. I'm ok with the change - just curious.

Ima Monkey
#6 Posted : 10/5/2015 9:06:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pile of cats wrote:
I believe that there is a sea of sensations and knowledge that we have at some point chosen to not confront, the momentary increased wakeful state that dmt can induce can help us begin to confront and take responsibility for that which we've kept in the dark. The destination that awareness leads you towards is great but having begun walking on that path I believe there's no turning back as there's things which can't be pushed back into the dark once you've started sensing them.

Just my opinion of course, I wish you the best with what you've awoken!

Well said - thanks! I totally agree.

Jees
#7 Posted : 10/5/2015 9:43:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel different now:
yes it's something different than having a beer isn't it Big grin

If I wonder how to proceed with the change, I think: my body knows. You can't smart it out.
Thumbs up

Spaced Out 2
#8 Posted : 10/5/2015 9:49:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
I feel different now:
yes it's something different than having a beer isn't it Big grin

If I wonder how to proceed with the change, I think: my body knows. You can't smart it out.
Thumbs up

Laughing Laughing
Embrace it friend, best wishes Thumbs up

sleepermustawaken
#9 Posted : 10/6/2015 5:15:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ima Monkey wrote:
sleepermustawaken wrote:

I'm not freaking out, I do see potential benefits. Definitely not concerned about anything like HPPD. I'm ok with the change - just curious.

Well you may not be, but I fricken am! I don't want objects hyperdimensionally morphing in to my general vicinity while I am trying to read or walk or drive. I don't want to start melting in to my bed as I try to fall asleep, this shit is scary as man!

#10 Posted : 10/7/2015 3:16:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Once you have a powerful experience; especially one that moves you, there's no turning back.

It's a beautiful thing if you let it.

El_sonador
#11 Posted : 10/7/2015 8:00:24 AM
The pain makes it real.

Waking up to these sorts of things is not easy. Then again, I don't think anyone ever said it would be. It truly is a blessing, but with every blessing comes more responsibility. Good luck! Sincerely Smile
Everything I say here is for entertainment and educational purposes ONLY. My words have no foundation in real life.

This present moment can only be conceived in terms of the past, yet is also the future constantly arriving.

The singular consciousness played a trick on itself to experience all from a subjective standpoint so it wouldn't have to feel so alone.

DMT_Tom
#12 Posted : 10/7/2015 8:46:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had my first experience 12 hours ago and I'm still in shock.
I have been wondering all day whether I'll feel different tomorrow as well to be honest.
“You, of all people, deserve your own love and affection.” -Buddha

For God so loved the world...
God is Love

Ima Monkey
#13 Posted : 10/7/2015 3:27:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My feeling now is that the sensation is an an awareness of my inner guidance. It appears to want to urge me toward improving my life. Taking action toward that end results in pleasant feelings, while incompatible action result in uneasyness.

Glossolalia
#14 Posted : 10/13/2015 4:22:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT_Tom wrote:
I had my first experience 12 hours ago and I'm still in shock.
I have been wondering all day whether I'll feel different tomorrow as well to be honest.

It's safe to say you'll never be the same again. Not to say that 30 years from now you'll be obsessing over the day you took DMT, but you'll never be quite the same.

Stating that so bluntly may scare newcomers, but it's the truth.

When I first did it (only 6 weeks ago) I was so shocked I waited an entire week before trying it again. And it was a small dose, too. Maybe 15-20mg.

I think it's important to integrate your experience before taking the next step.
I contradict myself? Very well, I contradict myself. I am large. I contain multitudes. — Walt Whitman

kiki24
#15 Posted : 10/13/2015 10:12:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah I know what you mean. Though I've had this after my first ayahuasca exp although I consider it being pretty weak and I wasn't as amazed with it as with changa/dmt, the next day and day after I felt really different somehow and couldn't describe how. But I think it's a good thing. I mean that was the whole point anyways, right?

as to no turning back - well once you take the red pill.... you can't un-know some things. Believe me, I've tried and it doesn't end well. Best of luck and strength to all Smile

I agree integration is essential, but sometimes I feel as I need to go back to understand the previous exp better so I can integrate it, but sometimes you just need time off. I guess everybody feels that

Ima Monkey
#16 Posted : 10/13/2015 2:04:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had my second session, after more than a week off. I just didn't feel quite right about going back. I was more anxious before this session, not really fear, but somehow the anxiety was greater than the first time, s sort of resistance. I always ask to learn and be healed, and this time I had a memory of sexual abuse. It came out of nowhere, I had no clue about it prevciously, and the adult party was never in question before. I have kind of "shelved" that, for re-consideration and (perhaps) later confirmation. The funny thing is, the event "makes sense" in terms of issues I have now, with certain individuals. Funny how some things just "fit" so well, explaining patterns we have in later life.
I had been re-visiting medidtation, reading some new material that gave me better perspective on how meditiaion and the psychedelic experiance are similar. Particularly that advanced practionters confirm (when given psychedilics), that the phenomena witnessed, is accessible thru meditation. I had some really productive medtitation when in the "afterglow" between hits. It really makes me want to commit to daily practice.
My perception now, is that the sense of feeling "different" is the left, or feminine side of the energy body being slightly openened. As has been often stated, our culture places so little emphasis, and value, on this side of ourselves, that most of us are quite underdeveloped in this area. While somewhat uncomfortable at first, it opens us to a new way of looking at life, and ourselves.

downwardsfromzero
#17 Posted : 10/13/2015 11:15:54 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I recently 'accidentally' smoked only 5 mg. Even that small amount was surprising! (It must have been an excellent vaporiser.)

That was maybe a week ago, I'm not hurrying to repeat the experience because there was plenty of food for thought even at that low level. Great for yoga and improved bodily affect, for want of a better term.

My psychedelic honeymoon was a couple of decades ago and I first tried DMT at least a dozen years ago so I've sort of got used to the feeling of feeling different. None the less, even though DMT is so incredibly easy to obtain from plants that I could, if I wanted to, smoke it every day, it's potentially such a rocket trip out of this universe that I wouldn't want to do it more frequently than any other psychedelic (i.e. not more than once every couple of months) without being at some kind of intentional space (intentional space station, ha! [or ra?]) at a suitable distance from consensual 'civilisation'.

The other thing I would mention is using good incense w.r.t. ritual space.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

DMT_Tom
#18 Posted : 10/14/2015 12:50:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In the past week, I've had 3 major experiences smoalking, and these are the very first time(s) doing DMT.
So surprisingly, I'm having almost no trouble integrating back. I must be weird!

Anyways, I am starting to feel different after each time. I think this is a kind of thing that for me at least will continue to build.

“You, of all people, deserve your own love and affection.” -Buddha

For God so loved the world...
God is Love

pitubo
#19 Posted : 10/14/2015 1:35:15 PM

dysfunctional word machine

downwardsfromzero wrote:
The other thing I would mention is using good incense w.r.t. ritual space.

I suggest syrian rue seeds instead of conventional incense. Burning rue seeds for the purpose of cleaning a space is a time honored tradition in some parts of the world. And the vapors combine really well with dmt.

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 10/19/2015 4:36:28 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

pitubo - you got it. I definitely include Syrian rue in my list of good incense, as well frankincense, myrrh and palo santo. Not just some 'joss sticks' from the hippy shop.

The rue vapours combine very nicely with mushrooms or cactus, too.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

12NEXT