We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mushrooms in the new Far Cry 3 Options

MrLafiddy
#1 Posted : 4/11/2012 2:29:37 AM

Avoid inhaling vapors. Exposure may result in Nausea, headache, confusion, or instability.

Not sure how many gamers are here but I just watched the Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt trailer and was surprised to see the main character using shrooms. They only showed a little bit of the psychedelic effects. Just wondering how they are gonna pull this off and what the potential reaction will be. Trailer is age restricted.
"People ain't only just people, they got animals living inside them too." -Blind Man

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Optimus Primo
#2 Posted : 4/11/2012 3:20:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. Video games have come a long way from Mario munching toadstools to grow bigger.

If the game is driven by a respectable narrative, and the "power-up 'shroom trip" fits well within that narrative, it could be kinda cool, hell, really cool for those "in the know". 'Course it's still a game, and mushroom use brings a host of possible pitfalls. I suppose any exposure for entheogens in pop culture is ultimately a good thing, as it brings the discussion out to the forefront, but the thought of the average X-box live knuckle-head getting the idea it's just another kick for pretty colors is disheartening.

It's still wickedly cool to think just how powerful a tool video games could be for this sort of thing though. Truly interactive story telling, bleeding edge visuals. We're not there yet, but the process has started. I've found low dose voyages mixed with the right video game to be a particularly intriguing combo. Nothing mind bending, but certainly fun.

Good find in any case, the first Far Cry was pretty cool, bopping around the virtual jungle and all.

anrchy
#3 Posted : 4/11/2012 3:30:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Geometry wars 2 + mushrooms is amazing! 4 player MAYHEM! The fable series had quite a bit of content hinting that the designers were shroomers. One particular instance was two NPCs that were tripping on mushrooms and they were talking about it. This was early in the game on the first fable.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Grand Equinox
#4 Posted : 4/13/2012 6:00:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats pretty awesome. I always got that giddy feeling when a game I enjoy or a show I like mentions a psy. FOR INSTANCE, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTfJifUqq54. Adventure time.
Honestly, I think that no matter what, in the public there will be those that will negatively perceive the drugs, and those that will respect them. The fact is, we can't inform those that don't want to be informed. I just like that people are referencing such substances in pop culture, reintegrating them with the public in a manner that DOESN'T involve the DEA (for America at least, I don't know much about foreign affairs).
Feast on the fruits of the gods to return to the garden.

sauroman1
#5 Posted : 10/5/2015 6:43:28 PM

Anybody from Lisbon?

Interestingly it's probably magic mushrooms might have given courage to Jason Brody. From start he was cowardly guy but after various psychedelics trips including those given by Citra Jason become fearless warrior.
Indeed psilocybin kills anxiety.

Psilosopher?
#6 Posted : 10/6/2015 2:10:37 AM

Don't Panic

GTA V has peyote.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Heyt
#7 Posted : 10/6/2015 3:20:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It would be really cool if game devs built a game for modern consoles that centers on taking psychedelics as a game mechanic/environment. it could be a legend of zelda type adventure game whose mythology is based on say, the Shipibo tribe's beliefs or just a fictional artistic culture based on entheogens. It would be so cool Drool

FoundLost
#8 Posted : 10/6/2015 4:21:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Heyt wrote:
It would be really cool if game devs built a game for modern consoles that centers on taking psychedelics as a game mechanic/environment. it could be a legend of zelda type adventure game whose mythology is based on say, the Shipibo tribe's beliefs or just a fictional artistic culture based on entheogens. It would be so cool Drool

This plus Virtual Reality is why I'm really looking forward to the next major generation of computers.