We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
About this guy Options

FoundLost
#1 Posted : 10/5/2015 5:50:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I've been reading through this site for quite a few months now. I've actually spent so much time on here recently that I dream about reading posts and going over teks again and again.

After seeing what a great community this is I can't help but join and try and share my knowledge, what little there is in this realm, and my experiences as such has been shared with me for free here on this forum.

Now a little about myself...

I'm in my late 20's. I have smoked monumental amounts of cannabis for about 12 years now on a daily basis. Only in the past 6 months have I been slowly reducing my intake of it. It's not that I have to or that its severely effecting me negatively I just feel like a change of pace in my day to day brain functions and outlooks. Its been refreshing. I doubt I'll ever quit it outright but I've become very comfortable only partaking in it a couple times a week and in small amounts.

In terms of my experience with other drugs I have taken a lot of mushrooms. I mean a lot. I experimented with taking them on a very regular basis in small amounts, and in larger amounts every few days for months on end just because they were there and I had a lot of freetime. I tried them in all sorts of ways. Microdosing, megadosing, taking them in amounts so often the tollerance would be so high that a quarter would barely take me anywhere. In a 2 year time period I ate a little over 2.5lbs of dry mushrooms. I also did them quite a number of times before this, usually 4-8 months apart.

While this does sound rather extreme I must mention that I never had any experiences that seemed to take me outside of myself. The experiences with them that I've read about others having while on them are largely unexperienced by me despite my experience with them. I've never had more than powerful visual enhancements with my eyes open, slight geometry at times over laying things but not very strongly, and the usual feelings associated with them.

I was less trying to live on the edge of extreme and more just experimenting with them to see what possibilities they held for me. I enjoyed them while I did them and the prolonged use taught me a lot about myself. In the end I called it quits upon having my first actual bad trip. I say bad, but it was really just unpleasant. I got sick and icky feeling, threw up, felt much better and enjoyed the rest of it. However, that had never happened before. I always had a very easy time with them.

I took this as a sign from them that I had learned all I needed to from them and haven't touched them since. I wouldn't say I'll never do them again but I would say I have no desire to do them in the forseeable future. Not due to fear or anxiety
either. Just an understanding that I've gotten all I really can get from them in a learning sense and that's always been my goal in life. To learn.

This brings me to my desire to dive into the realms of dmt. While on mushrooms and even in some dreams I've felt like I was brushing against another world. An entire other reality with different rules and principles and entities. I have never seen it, but as far back as I can remember as a child I've gotten this feeling in certain dreams. Dreams where I've been going through holes in the reality around us into slightly different realities repeatedly, searching for the one at the edge where I can finally break into another dimension entirely unlike our own.

On mushrooms it was like I could feel it through a cloth being draped over me. A warm but stifling blanket between me and a feeling of something much greater. Yet again, never glimpsing it, just feeling it.

I heard about this wonderful seeming substance no less than 8 years ago while being a member at one of the many online drug forums. Once again years later I heard Joe Rogan talking about it in an interview and it blew my mind but only because I had only known him off of fear factor and didn't figure him for an open minded type. While his descriptions intrigued me I had no access in my part of the world to any aspect of it and the lack of people around me who even knew what it was prevented me from really thinking about it for quite some years.

Finally,a few months ago, a couple friends of mine aquired some and told me of their experiences with it and greatly peaked my interest based on their descriptions. I finally started seeking it out myself and found this great place.

Now, I never trusted street mushrooms and I was not about to trust a crystaline substance off the street. After becoming aware of how they spray so many things on commercial, but illegal, cannabis I didn't even trust it off the street. For many years now my mantra has been that if I can't make it, I don't need it. The older I get the more I aim for self sustainability.

Needless to say I am monumentally grateful that I found this site and that the people here are so well educated on the subjects I wish to delve into. It made this journey I'm starting so much better than any alternative I could imagine. Between the teks and the trip reports alone I was helped immensely but I was most grateful for the warnings and the lessons present here that this is a substance to be respected and delved into carefully and thoughtfully.

So far I have only tried a tiny amount on myself a couple of times to test my sensitivities. I'm always very cautious with new substances I'm putting into my body. I intend to keep track of each and every one of my experiences with it until I breakthrough in a thread I will open here shortly.

Thanks for this opportunity to be part of this fantastic place.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Spaced Out 2
#2 Posted : 10/5/2015 9:43:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus FoundLost Big grin

Thanks for your introduction, and man that's a huge amount of mushrooms you've eaten. I dabble in them myself but my life situation doesn't allow me to do them often. I like them to say the least though.

That's a good rule to live by "if you can't make it yourself then you don't need it", I generally live by this as well, now after doing extractions I've learned it's part of the experience and I just like doing stuff like that. Plus it's just too risky anymore to get ANYTHING off the street.

Glad you like all the information contained in this site, there's plenty to keep you busy for hours and a lot of intelligent people here to help. So enjoy the community!

Safe and happy journeys friend Thumbs up

Peace
SO2

Jaffster
#3 Posted : 10/5/2015 10:54:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Dreams where I've been going through holes in the reality around us into slightly different realities repeatedly, searching for the one at the edge where I can finally break into another dimension entirely unlike our own.

It sounds like you had some awesome dreams when you were younger. Mine were usually filled with computer games and toys, then as I got older girls.... and girls.

Have you ever considered meditation, or floating? If your brain is able to produce (obviously vivid and memorable) dreams on those lines then this may well be right up your street.

Ufostrahlen
#4 Posted : 10/5/2015 12:24:21 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

FoundLost wrote:
In a 2 year time period I ate a little over 2.5lbs of dry mushrooms.

2.5lbs = 1130g / 730 d = 1.5 g / d

That must be the result of a huge tolerance or incredibly weak mushrooms. Or maybe other things.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

FoundLost
#5 Posted : 10/5/2015 8:04:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

They were all cubensis and from reports from close friends of average potency.

As I said, I was taking them a combination of overly frequently and a little more spaced out but in larger amounts. I fully understand tolerance and was even taking them for a while less for the trip and more to see what a cumulative effect would be if any upon me without paying attention to tolerance. I had way more than this around but obviously that's even more redundant.

I at times was taking 9-12gs every few days with obviously very high tolerance. Other times I was taking 1-3gs a day. Other times I'd wait a full week before taking 3-4gs. Like I mentioned in my earlier post they don't seem to quite effect me like most people even with low tolerance and larger amounts. Not sure why. I've got a friend of mine that has never had any effect upon taking them. Granted, he's only done them a few times but at least twice we did them with him and knew he had good ones.

I forgot to mention but I also have what seems like an immunity to the better effects of opioids. I've only been prescribed them by doctors after surgery and dental work but hydrocodone, demerol, propoxyphene, and tylenol 3s have never reduced my pain or made me euphoric. At higher than average doses on them they just made me very sick to my stomach but still no other of the considered "good" side effects. Been years since I've even tried anything for pain relief besides ibuprofen for swelling related pain and cannabis for everything else. Then again I'm not a even a fan of the idea of taking pills regularly so this isn't the worst thing.

In reply to Jaffster I've only recently been getting into these things. I've on and off again meditated for years but haven't been practicing it regularly for a couple years now. 50-60 Hour work weeks with farmland to manage when you get done kinda saps your will to do much besides sleep at times. Same with dreamwork.

Finally things in my life are starting to slow down on the work front and I've been investing more and more time into my own personal affairs. Both in trying to build sustainable energy systems and greenhouses and a legal mushroom farm as well as working on my mind and physical health. I recently started taking silene capensis for helping with dreamwork and wow. For me that stuff works like crazy. I don't even follow traditional preperation, I just chew the whole root until it is nothingmore than very, very finely minced cellulose and swollow it.

And in response to Spaced Out 2 I couldn't agree more. I used to be able to get about anything I wanted at any time of day from one of 2 dozen people. Now...I don't talk to anybody but a handful of very close friends and none of them even live close enough to share with. I just got sick of having to deal with so many substandard people that barely understood what they were selling, much less even knew how it was produced. And I'm a stickler for quality.

It was a constant struggle where I live to find somebody that knew the difference between compressed mexi-brown plant matter and medical grade cannabis. I won't mention where I live but long story short it's in the middle of nowhere in regards to both cultured people and high quality cannabis. Mushrooms only came around once a year at best and they were always of seriously dubious quality.

We need more understanding shamans in the world and less ignorant drug dealers.

Spaced Out 2
#6 Posted : 10/5/2015 10:11:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FoundLost wrote:
And in response to Spaced Out 2 I couldn't agree more. I used to be able to get about anything I wanted at any time of day from one of 2 dozen people. Now...I don't talk to anybody but a handful of very close friends and none of them even live close enough to share with. I just got sick of having to deal with so many substandard people that barely understood what they were selling, much less even knew how it was produced. And I'm a stickler for quality.

It was a constant struggle where I live to find somebody that knew the difference between compressed mexi-brown plant matter and medical grade cannabis. I won't mention where I live but long story short it's in the middle of nowhere in regards to both cultured people and high quality cannabis. Mushrooms only came around once a year at best and they were always of seriously dubious quality.

Sounds like we have a few things in common. Only a handful of very close friends is exactly right and I have to drive a distance to see them and it's very rarely at best. From that I've learned to be self sufficient with my habits and it works out beautifully that way. Quality has always been of utmost priority and the only way in my eyes to ensure that is do it myself through all stages.

travsha
#7 Posted : 10/5/2015 11:50:14 PM

Share Love ~

I have been working with mushrooms for 10 years, and just about a year ago they started working completely differently for me. Never once had nausea, but now sometimes I get it hard and I sometimes have purges similar to Ayahuasca. I find it interesting that nausea meant for you that it was time to move on, and for me it meant that these mushrooms became much more medicinal and powerful in my practice! Smaller amounts now take me miles deeper then larger amounts used to - I have no explanation for this, but this is what I have been experiencing....

I know for myself I at one point took a 3 year break from all psychoactives and cannabis. When I came back to psychedelics I was much more sensitive and could go much further with them - I had been meditating a lot, and I think this taught me how to meet the plants and fungi half way. For some people I see a huge benefit in becoming more sensitive - I wonder if you are one of those people too (I know I am).

I dont smoke DMT anymore, but I remember some of my better DMT smoking experiences were when I combined them with mushrooms - smoking mid ceremony. DMT always seems really random to me unless I have another substance like Ayahuasca or mushrooms to guide the DMT, and I always found it easier to breakthrough if I was starting from an already altered state when I smoked....

jamie
#8 Posted : 10/6/2015 2:31:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

if yo do smoke DMT again travsha, try it with cactus. DMT just after the peyote peaks is the most useful way for me to use it at the moment. Mushrooms synergize with cactus very well also but can become too much really fast.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#9 Posted : 10/6/2015 2:36:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

my opinion on the OP is this...DMT is amazing stuff, but if you already have mushrooms you got it. Psilocybin mushrooms are IT. They go even farther into the tryptamine hyperspace than DMT does IME. DMT is not like sitting up at the top above all these others as some seem to imply IME. DMT is just easy to take a whole lot of because its over and done with so fast, that people are more willing to do that. If you eat comparable doses of mushrooms it is easily equal..and psilohuasca is also IME even stronger than ayahuasca.

Even visionary doses of peyote compare with ayahuasca etc.

All of the tryptamines can cause nausea IME. DMT, ayahuasca, mushrooms, 5-MeO-DMT..bufotenine especially. It comes with the territory.
Long live the unwoke.

TGO
#10 Posted : 10/6/2015 2:43:23 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

jamie wrote:
if yo do smoke DMT again travsha, try it with cactus. DMT just after the peyote peaks is the most useful way for me to use it at the moment. Mushrooms synergize with cactus very well also but can become too much really fast.

*off topic*

I have a vacation from work coming up during the first week of November and was thinking about trying this combo. Is it safe to smoke changa while on cactus or should it be just DMT? This will be a journey for my girlfriend and I and any advice is appreciated!

*On Topic*

Mushrooms are truly beautiful and can definitely take you as far as DMT, IME as well. Back when I was cultivating GTs I would dose every four days or so...did that for about three/four months before being slapped hard and was forced to integrate what I was doing. I was a bit more naive then and was abusing their power more than learning from it. That has changed drastically and I couldn't be more thankful.

I haven't even touched mushrooms in nearly 5 years...sad, I know... but I have some truffles going at the moment and am excited to jump back into that realm...anyway...

Smile

Edit: FoundLost, Welcome to the Nexus, by the way!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

FoundLost
#11 Posted : 10/6/2015 2:52:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've heard this from many people here now. It seems that dmt during another psychadellic you're familiar with can cause the journey to take on whole new depths. I'm sure that's purely up to the individual but it definitely intrigues me. If I was ever to do them again it would likely be with the intention of trying this combination.

I wish to become more familiar with dmt first though. Considering I've never broken through I don't even know for sure if its for me but so far I think I would continue to do it occasionally even if just in small amounts for the effects I've experienced so far.

In response to jamie...maybe you're right. I wouldn't know yet. I know that some of my friends prefer lsd to mushrooms and I have others that prefer mushrooms. My two personal friends that tried dmt now have a new favorite psychadellic and they've done all three.

I also know my head doesn't react to things quite the same way as most people's seem to. Maybe I'm wrong there and it's all just poorly expressed subjective view points. But I do know I am very interested in dmt and what potential it holds for me. As long as you're enjoying the ride and learning from it as well I don't see how you could ask for much more. I'm glad you found what works for you.

Edit:and thankyou The grateful One.