We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Maoi predosing. Options

Jees
#1 Posted : 9/6/2015 9:08:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

On pharma, some people are not, but there is this sensitivity toward nausea - lethargic state - really feeling awful for the first half the meditation period. All part of the game and healing etc etc but a pre dose of maoi seems to skew that issue positively.

1.5 to 2 hours before the real input, a 100mg of rueHCL was essayed.
This seems to align the body for the coming deal, showed by (only) 2 trials.
The body takes the first pre-dose easily, and the second real deal (200 mg rueHCL + 100 mg "light" in this case) has a red carpet to step in. Quite comfortably.

Don't tune your final dose down on behalf of the pre-dose. Maybe just because of the red carpet a higher final dose is now more approachable. If not to avoid nausea (some are blessed) then this is another argument.

Predictable similar advantages for tea's.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

TGO
#2 Posted : 9/6/2015 8:03:33 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I like this idea. I will be doing this next time (likely tomorrow)...I'll probably go with 80-85mg "light" because I am still new to the pharma style experience. I am not a fan of nausea so if this does help reduce it, I'm all in!

Very happy
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Jees
#3 Posted : 9/6/2015 8:29:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice, please come back with the outcome.

I must add that a second new element was introduced, ingestion of between half to a full soup spoon of coconut oil 30 minutes before the final main intake. This was done as an alternative to the famous oat porridge. The coconut oil (hard wax when fridge cold and liquid on warm days on the shelf) has a very greasing and protecting effect on the ingestion route. I think that too made the passing of the bunch of alkaloids more easy.

TGO
#4 Posted : 9/7/2015 4:29:47 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Alright Jees, I tried your method last night and posted my results in this trip report: Halfway Between "Here" and "There" (Pharma report with MAOI pre-dose)

I was going to post the whole thing here but then it got a bit lengthy so...

Big grin

Cool

Jees
#5 Posted : 9/7/2015 8:54:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good Thumbs up
I'll see you there too Laughing

I know it's a bit difficult for you to make comparisons, but is there by any chance something that you can say about the predose versus no predose?

TGO
#6 Posted : 9/7/2015 9:14:13 PM

Welcoming committee

I think the pre-dose is a great (and probably under utilized) tool. I don't have a whole lot of experience in this area yet but in comparison to last time, I felt much calmer going into the experience. It (100mg harmalas) really mellowed me out and I was in quite a positive mood before ingesting the true dose and the light. I'm sure this helped bring about the solid and positive trip.

As for nausea, I can't really say. I never did purge but for the first hour (after the true dose) my stomach was definitely churning. Like the vinegar and lemon juice were fighting it out in there!

Laughing

It was pretty easy to manage though with controlled breathing. Overall, I would say the nausea was minimal compared to Ayahuasca or Mescaline tea. It was a very enjoyable experience!

EDIT: Also, the afterglow today has been great! I'm all smiles and feeling positive about life in general! Smile

Jees
#7 Posted : 9/7/2015 9:29:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:
...I felt much calmer going into the experience. It (100mg harmalas) really mellowed me out and I was in quite a positive mood before ingesting the true dose and the light...

The red carpet Pleased
I hope more people can check it out and report so we might have some consensus.

The stomach will always have to "deal" with the main-course bulk of alkaloids, the pre dose did a job of lessening that deal IMO. Maybe you want to add the coconut oil trick too, 15 minutes before the main take-in.

TGO
#8 Posted : 9/7/2015 9:58:53 PM

Welcoming committee

The red carpet, indeed!

I will definitely look into coconut oil. I like the idea that it can "grease the way" for the alkaloids to slide through the digestive system.

Jees
#9 Posted : 10/5/2015 12:53:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Took the predosing one notch further.
(Weight 70 kg - 154 lb)

T - 9 hours: 100 mg rueHCL
T - 3 hours: 100 mg rueHCL
T : 130 mg rueHCL + the light

Mao was very much inhibited while I was concerned about this at first. Tracers don't lie Pleased
So easy on the stomach.

Compared to a typical 1 batch bigger dose: subjectively there was less competition in the synapse so it felt like "the light" had a clearer way to find the receptor seats. This while the harmala richness was not less, nor was the afterglow. (Some other factors could be in play here, so I must be careful to address this effect solely to the predose curve.)

For now I only see advantages.
Love

TGO
#10 Posted : 10/5/2015 10:21:29 PM

Welcoming committee

Predosing throughout the day seems like it would definitely be advantageous. Is there any particular reason you went for the time frame of T-9 hours and then again at T-3 hours and then finally T +/- 0?

I guess it means that harmalas still compound on themselves even after being in your system for 6 hours then...? Out of curiosity, what is the half life of harmalas? Also curious if the half life varies when it comes to harmine vs harmaline vs tetrahydroharmine?

This is very interesting stuff! I have a couple consecutive days off work next week. Perhaps I'll give this a try. I have not gone on a pharma journey since my "Halfway Between..." one.

Cool

Jees
#11 Posted : 10/5/2015 11:00:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

At T-9 I did not know for sure if I was going to session later. A 100mg is something I do regular, to color the day, to stay in touch with the spirit, for health benefits. Sometimes I do that twice a day with give or take 8 hours apart. I Love the rue for what it does Pleased
And I can still do my job during, it doesn't compromise my responsibilities. That's also why the time delay if I do a second one that same day, to stay cool enough.
It's not my daily practice though, just when it calls.

T-3 was like said above, a second 100 mg bump that day, work was nearly done and it would kick in when about home, and thinking, hey if I session later then this is a cute predose moment.

T=0: why 130? I was really motivated to not drown the neurons in rue and still pushing the maoi with a question mark: will it be enough? It did!
I was also dose cautious because I was mixing in my newest finding of an admix (no psychedelic component, more a mediator) which is still in bata-phase and therefore better to stay cool.
For same reason the "light" was modest dosed but for that dose it came all on to max potential fast, which was a nice surprise. Now must find out for how much that new secret admix is responsible, or was it the 3 times predose trick doing? Further investigation is necessary and will be executed with vigorous motivation and drool. Twisted Evil Drool
Life looks good!

Half times: interesting stuff, yet basal empirical practice beats any numbers.
I think in the case of subsequent dosing (like predosing) these numbers, if there, loose meaning b/c it gets more complicated then.
IIRC, the THH is long (9 hours?) but the manskes leave it out (as is believed) and were only traces in rue to start with.

Jees
#12 Posted : 10/16/2015 12:08:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Found out another interesting aspect of the predosing style:

went for 2 predoses of 125 mg rueHCL each, one at T-4 and another T-2.
As T was nearing, there was a strange bad-ish feeling creeping up, the vibe was not particular positive indicating. I could not point a cause, it just was.
For a moment doubted to cancel the coming session, because the harmala feeling was never before so strong for such 2 predoses, but then settled with 1/2 of what was planned. (Pharma.)

T+30min, unexpected a purge, very unusual to me at this mark on pharma, losing some of the actives. No regrets whatsoever because the very unsettling vibe was not solved and the rue was kicking still to satisfaction levels.

If the planned dose had been taken (not the 1/2) then undoubtedly headed for a very annoying time. The predosings kicked the vibe-alert very clear, grateful for that.

Predosing is like testing the waters of energetic fields that are obscured else. It acts like sending out a scout before engaging.
Cool

TGO
#13 Posted : 10/16/2015 3:29:48 PM

Welcoming committee

Awesome, I love it! I mean, it makes sense seeing as harmalas are/can be psychedelic all by themselves. Based on your results it is a energy/vibe radar putting you more in tune with our favorite realm before jumping in head first...

"If we don't send out a scout, we could easily lose the battle!"

"Roger that, sending out a scout"

... ... ... ... ...

"Sir, the scout reports possible unease and the negative vibes are off the chart in this area. We cannot pinpoint the source."

"Copy that, let us retreat and reformulate a new plan of attack for another day..." Very happy Pleased

It could be subjective, of course but I do believe pre dosing is a great method that everyone should at least be trying... Good stuff, Jees!

Smile

Jees
#14 Posted : 10/16/2015 4:13:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice dialogue Big grin

It's the first time having an alert call actually.

I had it before with a vape, like when entering immediately getting the sense "Oh no, wrong occasion to step in." Wishing I had a warning in advance.

Predose checks the vibe, the set and setting condition, but also the body's preparedness.
Any red flag will show in advance.

If all is on "go" then the predose will decorate the ballroom for you.
Shine your shoes, roll out the red carped, and offer a warm neck massage.
Laughing

Jees
#15 Posted : 2/13/2016 1:49:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Further investigation says that 100 mg rueHCL predose at T-1.5 hours (-2hours) and at T another 100 mg rue HCL + the "light" gives ALL the room and potential for the light to shine bright and long.

This minimizing on harmalas is welcomed by the digestion department.

No shortage of MAOI detected, not in level also not in duration.

Less dominance of harmalas on the experience, more room for the light to shine in its own particular glory.

Some people go very heavy on the harmalas and only a pinch of light:
"When you don't go hard on harmalas, then you have to compensate with taking more light."

This statement can be rephrased:
"When you go hard on harmalas, then you become unable to have more light."

It can be seen like a slider scale with on one end "Harmala-based" and on the other end "light-based" and there is a free choosing where you wanna be on that scale, and my main point is that it does not get you the same experience. I mean it was not a mistake to go lesser harmalas, it is a choice to have a deliberate kind of experience. The 100predose + 100 later is kind of such choice. I've felt not really an urge to need more "light" to compensate for anything as the light has so little competition from the harmalas to show it's face.

With this in mind the middle of the slider seems not an ideal position because both components there ask who's on top, or put more careful: the least of synergistic effect.

My simplification falls short somewhere no doubt, things are multi sensitive. But it comes close to my subjective findings so far.

Love

Jees
#16 Posted : 2/19/2016 11:08:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Empirical it shows that rectal ROA is very much influenced by maoi pre dosing.
Without, you can compensate with upping dose of light but is that not a shame?

Without pre dose, lab rat used to check out on 100 mg rueHCL + 30 to 40 mg FB light (then FB solved in drops of vinegar), entered together. That works, but deepness was a hit and miss, between pfff and rocking. So upping light would be a way to pave way to success, but that looks like cheating the unpredictability away.

100 mg rue HCL Pre dose oral like 1,5 hours before the rectal ROA turns this ROA into success. It feels like without pre dose it is still possible that the light gets nuked (partially) in its travel from bottom to top. With pre dose, the light gets in an elevator upwards right to the head's machinery fully protected and taken care of.

Lab rat still used 90 - 100 mg rue HCL together with the light at the actual rectal ROA ceremony. It all fits in a 1 ml syringe (without needle of course).

The result is a 103.5 % complete no digestion track load, how convenient. And the experience depth is put right between oral and vaped, while duration leans toward oral. Lab rat says rectal ROA leaves the visuals-door much more open compared to oral only.

Without pre-dose, the rectal ROA, even when it hits nice, had a very sudden steep fallback to baseline, not so anymore with the pre dose at all.

Pre dosing is fine for all-oral ROA as said in earlier posts, but for butts I kinda think of it mandatory now.

Cool