We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cross Country Gathering and Gathering Options

Leithen
#1 Posted : 10/4/2015 4:36:32 PM

Be Here Now

Hello Nexians!

I have been travelling off and on for the past year. I generally live out of my car and camp in forests across the U.S. I go to rainbow gatherings when they come up and are within a few hundred miles of me. Eventually I go back to my hometown to resupply and work for a bit of cash.

Now I am off again for another stint of travelling. Big grin I will still be going to gatherings and forests but this time I will have another focus. I hope to gather, research and document psychoactive plants as I travel. One of my first targets is Phalaris Arundinacea (midwestern wetlands). I know it may be late in the season but I am hoping to be on the road for several months, if not a year, so perhaps I can get it next season if not now.

I am also hoping to find some toads (sonoran desert) as well as fungi (pacific northwest).

Do any nexians have advice as to where would be a good area to visit? For any of the above or different plants. I put where I am planning to check in green but other areas or more specific places would be much appreciated. Sad that I will not be able to search and post on the Nexus as much but no doubt will be a fun, insightful adventure.

I will be on as much as I can! Thumbs up
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

null24
#2 Posted : 10/4/2015 4:44:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Leave the toads be!

If you're interested in toad medicine, maybe contact some of the people working with them responsibly, Rettig comes to mind (with all his controversy, i think he's doing good work) and his colleagues. They have a good FB group if you can join.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Leithen
#3 Posted : 10/4/2015 4:46:43 PM

Be Here Now

I will have to look into it. Thanks for the advice!

Just to be clear, I am not planning on taking any out of their natural habitat but hoping to meet someone that can help me experience what they have to offer.

Checking for the FB group now. Thumbs up
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story