We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
san pedro comes up sloooow Options

teotenakeltje
#1 Posted : 8/11/2014 11:39:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A 1kg chunk of san pedro was made into a brew and left in the fridge for a couple of days until I finally had some space to bioassey.
My wife agreed to go for a swim with my daughter, so I assumed a time span from 10am - 6pm would be enough....Confused
I started drinking the brew at 9am and drank the last drop at 10am.
Now, I kind of know that mesc takes a wile to come up, like 2 hours or so, but the first signs of mescaline effects started at 2pm! 4 hours later!
The hours before were very uncomfortable, feeling nauseaus, puking, and just being very stoned on the couch.
It seems that the other pedro alkaloids were responsable for that (the stoned feeling) and to be honest I didn't like it at all!
Once the mesc started floating I felt better, and started tripping pretty strong. So I went for ride with my bike in the forest. In the bright sunshine it wasn't very visual untill I looked at the clouds and this aztec symbols started overlapping everything.
I must say that I didn't expect the pedro to be as potent, because most of the time I just lay on a bench feeling a bit overwhelmed and keeping my act together. It was a pretty 'twangy' feeling compared to the dried peruvian torch I had tried before.
When I came home I started dancing to some sweet music in my underwear. Then I looked back and all of a sudden my wife and daughter were standing there! I was still pretty tripped out Surprised
I started to come down at about 10pm, but still felt a very uncomfortable stimulation, and started to freak out a bit because my heart was skipping beats all the time (I posted about this in another thread, they are called extrasystoles and are harmless in my case, but still they freaked me out).
Drawing calmed me down a bit but I couldn't sleep until 3 pm. That's when I decided to take 0.25mg of xanax for the first time in my life (I got the pills from my mom, who is basically addicted to it). I didn't notice anything so I took another 0.25mg. Thirty minutes later I was gone and I slept till 4pm.
All in all it wasn't that great of an experience but:
- great to have some potent pedro Smile
- It is reassuring to know that a small dose of xanax can help with the nasty comedown
- next time I'll probably extract the mesc. I have the impression that the other alkaloids were harsh on my body

Thanks for reading and remember, san pedro comes up slooow!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DansMaTete
#2 Posted : 8/12/2014 12:10:04 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Interesting report, thanks.

I had the same stoned effect from SP powder also. Weird to to be at the same time stoned and stimulated. I was dancing (stimulated) but laid on my bed (stoned) Very happy .

How empty was your stomach (did you have a breakfast)?

And yeah, you need a larger time window with mescaline. My attemp was 12h duration from ingesting to sleeping but my dose was light(er than yours).
I want to explore this world further but it's difficult to find the right time. I need at least 36h free : 12h tripping and 24h to recover. And i'm not talking about heroic dose !
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

pau
#3 Posted : 8/12/2014 3:03:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if powdered doesn't work better for you (nausea-wise), try resin. These days, I've gotten away from liquids (whether green stuff, or a more refined tea). Resin is soooo smooth in my experience, and you can make it to be very potent. Thumbs up
WHOA!

dg
#4 Posted : 8/12/2014 3:39:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

teotenakeltje wrote:
and remember, mescaline comes up slooow!

extracted crystal has hit me in 20-30 minutes, that and the discomfort of the gut/toilet issues is why i dont drink tea anymore

teotenakeltje
#5 Posted : 8/12/2014 4:44:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dg wrote:
teotenakeltje wrote:
and remember, mescaline comes up slooow!

extracted crystal has hit me in 20-30 minutes, that and the discomfort of the gut/toilet issues is why i dont drink tea anymore

yeah, I can only speak of san pedro because of my limited experience with pure mesc. I've edited my post.

I also tried resin from peruvian torch, and the effect was definately clearer, but with some discomfort. Slight impure mescaline also gave me some nausea, but way less then the pedro tea. I'm not sure if I want to repeat that. I took it in the morning so I fasted at least 8 hours before, so that wasn't the problem. It's the nature of the beast I guess.

I still prefer LSD, and I doubt that pure mesc will change that, but I will definately give it another go as soon as I've got enough cactus for extraction.

antichode
#6 Posted : 8/13/2014 12:30:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I suggest you find some time to enjoy maybe a gram of crystal with your wife and have someone look after your daughter for the day/night.

This really is a sensual drug and once you are awakened to the powerful connection that you share mentally and physically it will change your life forever

teotenakeltje
#7 Posted : 8/16/2014 10:57:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had the pleasure to experience the aphrodisiac effect of peruvian torch, in low doses. I must say that I was quiet amazed by it, and it has been the best aphrodisiac I have tried till this date. It makes perfect sense that san pedro has this phallus like appearance Smile
Sadly my wife only smokes (a lot of) cannabis. She does not like psychedelics...
But she appreciates a low dose of torch in my system Pleased

DisEmboDied
#8 Posted : 10/2/2015 5:37:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience, fresh, is waaayyy better, less to no nausea.
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.